Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 11:16:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience with roof leaks, the water can sometimes travel a good distance down rafters and beams before it actually falls.

So far I've had good luck with climbing on the roof and looking for any spot on the roof where it looks like water could enter paying particular attention to anything that penetrates that roof.....vents, plumbing, etc.  

Most handymen can fix a roof leak but if it's a significant defect in the roof, I wouldn't hesitate to put a new roof on. And for a new roof I want a well established roofer that will still be around if issues arise in the future.  IMO the roof is not a place to pinch pennies. 

Handydave can probably give you a great roofing reference.  If you need a handyman JWS Contracting  (Jason Sisson) is a friend of mine who does some solid work. He posts pictures of many of his projects to his company Facebook page.

ETA: Do the rafters have any vertical supports between the top plate and ridge, like a pre-fabricated rafter? Or is it a just a long 2x6?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the area and wouldn't mind using my drone for a semi practical purpose.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
WOOF WOOF

We had our roof replaced a few years ago and Miguel's crew
didn't miss a da-da-damn thing.

They'll put the roof on the next house I build.

Fracking Fanstastic.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top