Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 11:32:34 AM EDT
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/police-on-scene-of-bank-robbery-in-cobb-county/552567856

This is the WF next door to Chickfilet and Popeyes near I-75 and Circle 75.

Claims he has a bomb.  Called WSBTV to state his demands.  

I drove right by the bank on my way to work this morning, probably half an hour before it went down.  I may need to find a different route home if it doesn't get resolved by then.

Cobb PD is on it, many roads around the bank is blocked.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That guy's world ain't gonna get any better by doing this.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
He was getting evicted from his flop hotel, probably the Red Roof Inn across the street.  So if he surrenders and they take him to jail, he'll get free housing and food for a long time.

Update: the person is dead. Cause of death not yet reported.  Traffic is still screwed up around the area.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Drove by the bank on the way home.  Yellow crime tape is still around the entire property, GBI Crime Scene Truck and a couple of cars were the only activity.  Traffic was back to normal.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It ended as well as it could have.  It ended the way the instigator wanted it to end.  He wasn't looking for 3 hots and a cot........he was looking for a way out.  

I am very sorry that the perpetrator in this case was a brother Marine.  I lay the blame in this on the VA and a system that very rarely gives vets the help they need and deserve.

Cobb PD SWAT did an excellent job.  No loss of innocent life and minimal property damage.  A well-trained and equipped Sniper ended the situation cleanly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It ended as well as it could have.  It ended the way the instigator wanted it to end.  He wasn't looking for 3 hots and a cot........he was looking for a way out.  

I am very sorry that the perpetrator in this case was a brother Marine.  I lay the blame in this on the VA and a system that very rarely gives vets the help they need and deserve.

Cobb PD SWAT did an excellent job.  No loss of innocent life and minimal property damage.  A well-trained and equipped Sniper ended the situation cleanly.
View Quote
This. Sad to see another brother go down like this, but like you said, he got what he was ultimately looking for. A suicide by Cop. Kudos to Cobb PD.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A well-trained and equipped Sniper ended the situation cleanly.
View Quote
You have reliable source of this info.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Knowing what Shep does for a living i'd imagine maybe even first had sources.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top