Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 2:31:59 PM EDT
I have had a permit for years.

I was just invited on a camping trip to RED TOP MOUNTAIN.  While reading the camp rules, I found the following...

Weapons
Bows and arrows, explosives, fireworks, slingshots, fishing spears or any device that discharges projectiles by any means is prohibited. Firearms must be unloaded, cased and stored, unless a person possesses a valid weapons-carry license for a firearm that is valid in Georgia. A person possessing a valid weapon-carry license to carry a firearm valid i this state may carry such firearm on Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites, except on sites where carrying such firearm is prohibited by federal law. Firearms except those that are unloaded, cased and stored are not permitted on sites that are leased, federal Army Corps of Engineers property, including:
Red Top Mountain
Seminole
George T. Bagby
Don Carter
Florence Marina
Tugaloo
Hart
Richard B. Russell
Elijah Clark
Mistletoe

I thought the law had changed so that Parks were now legal to carry in.  I do understand that buildings within some Federal Parks are still a "no go".

Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
State law doesn't touch federal property.  Here's the most recent article a quick search turned up: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/army-corps-of-engineers-considers-reform-of-second-amendment-rules/#axzz4m59zTlpw
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I was under the impression that Red Top Mountain was ACOE land and therefore completely off limits (can't even possess).
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was under the impression that Red Top Mountain was ACOE land and therefore completely off limits (can't even possess).
View Quote
You are correct. The OP even stated that it is ACOE

Army Corps of Engineers property, including:
Red Top Mountain
Seminole
George T. Bagby
Don Carter
Florence Marina
Tugaloo
Hart
Richard B. Russell
Elijah Clark
Mistletoe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top