Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 12:40:52 AM EDT
Hi guys,

Picked up a PVS 14 in trade and it has a couple of problems. The manual gain does not work, and the overall gain is set very low making the picture dark.  I tested the PCB with a multimeter and the gain potentiometer is working fine. I also tested the power connectors which are puttin out 3v as expected. I'm at the point where I believe the problem is in the tube itself or possibly the pigtail. I was wondering if anyone in the Hometown forum has a spare tube or complete unit lying around that I could test with?  I know it's a long shot, but with tube prices being what they are I'd like to get some solid intel before having to spring the cash to get a new one. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide!

Chris
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here: Night Vision Subforum

If you decide to ditch it for a new one, I highly recommend jrhenterprises. They are a site sponsor based in GA and will treat you right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You also could give TNVC a call and see if they can repair it for you.  They are night vision experts and will treat you right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi guys,

Picked up a PVS 14 in trade and it has a couple of problems. The manual gain does not work, and the overall gain is set very low making the picture dark.  I tested the PCB with a multimeter and the gain potentiometer is working fine. I also tested the power connectors which are puttin out 3v as expected. I'm at the point where I believe the problem is in the tube itself or possibly the pigtail. I was wondering if anyone in the Hometown forum has a spare tube or complete unit lying around that I could test with?  I know it's a long shot, but with tube prices being what they are I'd like to get some solid intel before having to spring the cash to get a new one. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide!

Chris
View Quote

Where are you at?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@ytka
View Quote
I don't know how they work. They truly are wizardry to me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are you at?
View Quote
Sorry!  Only saw this post now. I'm in Cumming.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry!  Only saw this post now. I'm in Cumming.
View Quote
If you haven't figured the issue with yours out yet Hit me up on IM. I keep an office in Dawsonville.  I'll be around this week but next week I'll be back in Potato Land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top