Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 4:12:02 PM EDT
I use to enjoy listening to this guy. I only get to listen to him via pod cast so I am always 1-2 days behind.

Today I was listening to 5-22-17 podcast and at the end he is talking about how a speaker blew at the Ariana Grande. He said that most injuries are from the stampede of the crowd as if he was making lite of the situation. Then said it was a balloon poping.  Said was not a terrorist attack. What a idiot.

Is it just me or is this guy wrong way more than he is right. It amazes me that someone with this track record is even still on the radio. I thought it was pretty funny when for months he said trump would not get elected and guess what happened. I even remember one show a listener told him that Trump will be president and he told they guy that he would call him after the election and they would discus it then. The call never happened.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I like listening to him every now and then when I catch his show on 95.5 and he has some great conservative view points but what gets me is his damn voice, it annoys the shit out of me to listen to him talk. He just comes off as kind of whiny.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use to enjoy listening to this guy. I only get to listen to him via pod cast so I am always 1-2 days behind.

Today I was listening to 5-22-17 podcast and at the end he is talking about how a speaker blew at the Ariana Grande. He said that most injuries are from the stampede of the crowd as if he was making lite of the situation. Then said it was a balloon poping.  Said was not a terrorist attack. What a idiot.

View Quote

I listened to that exact broadcast, LIVE that afternoon.  So I can let him slide on the misinformation during the chaos, NO ONE knew right away as the news broke what it was.  Several news agency, including CBS news said it was possibly a blown speaker or maybe balloons.  Obviously Erickson got his info from there.  He wasn't in Manchester.   Not defending him but just apply reasoning to the situation as it happened.  ALL of these on air personalities usually get the early information wrong, I try take the early reporting on casualty, cause, who, what, etc. with a few grain of salt.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll tell you about Erickson, I know someone very close to him that has told me some pretty wild stories about what goes on behind the scenes on his show . . .

but first let's check traffic 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
He thinks he is a comic, and that laugh reminds me of some cartoon dog character, whose name escapes me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I listened to that exact broadcast, LIVE that afternoon.  So I can let him slide on the misinformation during the chaos, NO ONE knew right away as the news broke what it was.  Several news agency, including CBS news said it was possibly a blown speaker or maybe balloons.  Obviously Erickson got his info from there.  He wasn't in Manchester.   Not defending him but just apply reasoning to the situation as it happened.  ALL of these on air personalities usually get the early information wrong, I try take the early reporting on casualty, cause, who, what, etc. with a few grain of salt.
View Quote
Reasoning was implied when I heard it first on WSB radio/Fox News.

If you do not know the details don't make shit up its that easy. I do it everyday. You say their has been a incident and we are trying to get details on what happened. Not echo what false news agencies like CBS are saying. He is not the only one doing this. Even Fox news shovels crap that some other news agency supposedly has information on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll tell you about Erickson, I know someone very close to him that has told me some pretty wild stories about what goes on behind the scenes on his show . . . 
View Quote
Please expound on this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Listen to his show and you'll get the joke.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Huge douche and way too religious.  It's either his way or the highway and he constantly makes fun of people with differing opinions (ironic - but it is a show I guess).  Though I agree with him on several topics it's hard to get through full segments.  Sports talk is starting to suck again and I'm tired of the songs on my ipod so sometimes I'll just roll down the windows, turn everything off and enjoy the quiet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]
But he is a huge 2A guy who just tonight broadcast from a gun range.

He also regularly talks about his Glocks, Daniel defense rifle and the fact that his wife has taken up three gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't listen to him anymore.  He's annoying and I disagree with him too often.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

but first let's check traffic 
View Quote
Now let's talk about those great mattresses...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess I would also agree that he's wrong as much as he's right concerning his predictions.

I agree with most of his viewpoints though.

His pushing Mattress Firm is as bad as Beck pushing Gold.

He's really a mixed deal; some good, some bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't even bother with 95.5 . . . I usually just leave it on 106.7 despite not really liking Brian Joyce and hating Mark Levin's voice (even more than Erickson's)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top