Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:16:17 PM EDT
Can somebody recommend for a sushi bar in either Buckhead or Midtown.  My daughter is coming to town and we both could go for some sushi.

thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're up to going ever so slightly OTP Minato is my favorite place.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can somebody recommend for a sushi bar in either Buckhead or Midtown.  My daughter is coming to town and we both could go for some sushi.

thanks in advance...
View Quote

Thank you for posting in my St. Thomas VI thread.

So, I am going to ask my oldest daughter [27yrs old, a sushi freak and was Lush's #1 Sales Person for a decade] where you need to be sent

for a sushi-gasm, sir.

I'll be back.

I'm back with my daughter's opinion and I forgot to ask her to keep it in Buckhead or Midtown:

This is cut & paste from her email to me:
Circle Sushi:

Hell, some Trip Advisor  Stuff

and some Yelp

The One Sushi:

another Trip Advisor

And more Yelp

Tomo Japanese Resturant:

What can I say BUTT!!! take another Trip

And Yelp about it

When i go out to get sushi, I usually sit at the sushi bar and order omakase/chef's selection.

All of these restaurants are great for that kind of dining style, but Circle is my favourite. It's simple and super "homey" feeling. They fly all of their fish in from japan and everything is fresh and clean and always amazing. The tempura udon will heal your soul. (If you think you only want sushi, get the udon even if you only drink the broth. So worth it.)

The One and Tomo are both a little more showy with their flavor combinations and food preparation, but the fish is always good and the plating is gorgeous.

If you don't want to drive 15 minutes out of the city to go to circle, Tomo would be my second choice.
End of her email to me.

Best to you and your daughter.  I've got three of them. (27, 26, & 21)
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you for posting in my St. Thomas VI thread.

So, I am going to ask my oldest daughter [27yrs old, a sushi freak and was Lush's #1 Sales Person for a decade] where you need to be sent

for a sushi-gasm, sir.

I'll be back.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
MF Sushi on Highland in Atlanta is expensive, but very good.

If you are willing to drive up to the Peachtree Industrial area, Sushi Yoko at Winters Chapel and PIB is, to me, the best sushi in metro Atlanta. Not too expensive and is a true Japanese restaurant, including a Japanese grocery store that is in the building.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the MF Sushi rec above. For less expensive but still pretty good, Miso Izakaya is a favorite. For the absolute best AND less money than MF Sushi, go to Sushi House Hayakawa at I-285 and Buford Hwy.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-hayakawa-atlanta-2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top