Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2017 8:53:14 PM EDT
I might be headed there soon on business.  Anything Or anywhere should stay away from?

I just want the food.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Downtown
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd avoid the area to the north of Richmond Hill, east of Pooler, and south of the Savannah River.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If it looks like a bad area it probably is.   I've been visiting or living in Savannah since the mid eighties and have run into very little crime.  Don't leave valuables insight inside your car when you park.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd avoid the area to the north of Richmond Hill, east of Pooler, and south of the Savannah River.
View Quote
That about sums it up. Spend too much time in Sav area with family and work.........
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
The entire city if possible, but if not, avoid numbered streets (31st through 73rd) and state streets (alabama, arkansas, etc etc etc).  Numbered streets have very few decent areas, but for the most part, it's hood.  State streets are ALL hood.  Also, if you end up in a place called Yamacraw Village, it is a free-fire zone and should be considered hostile enemy territory (you think I'm joking).  Yamacraw butts up to the downtown festival area (Broughton St to River St) and is the root of the vast majority of festival area crime.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The entire city if possible, but if not, avoid numbered streets (31st through 73rd) and state streets (alabama, arkansas, etc etc etc).  Numbered streets have very few decent areas, but for the most part, it's hood.  State streets are ALL hood.  Also, if you end up in a place called Yamacraw Village, it is a free-fire zone and should be considered hostile enemy territory (you think I'm joking).  Yamacraw butts up to the downtown festival area (Broughton St to River St) and is the root of the vast majority of festival area crime.
View Quote
You obviously have no clue.  

Avoid anything west of Bull south of Duffy.  Avoid anything west of MLK downtown.

Avoid anything east of East Broad downtown.  You can easily cross a street and end up neck deep in a project.

The Victorian district is booming right now and there are cool places between Victory and Henry as long as you stay in the Abercorn/Bull corridor.

Mid town Savannah (Ardsley Park area) numbered streets is a an excellent area with very nice residential homes.  Habersham Village is a great place to go drinking, eating, and light shopping.

There are also very nice places to eat along Victory drive (the Florence, and Atlantic).

I've lived here all my life.  If you have a little common sense Savannah can be a great place to visit and safe.

If you go do stupid things in stupid places with stupid people you will win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks can be deceiving, but I was there a couple years ago and it looked like 1 square mile of decent area surrounded by a shitville that bore a striking resemblance to N. Birmingham.

I won't be hurrying back anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I am from Savannah, but bought a house on St. Simons island 4 years ago.  I lived down in the historic district for about 5 years.  For the most part, if you stay within the historic district north of Liberty Street you are typically ok. I will say that over the last 3-4 years a lot of the shit that only would happen east and west of the historic district has been spilling in, especially into the area of City Market/Ellis Square.  Just do the norm; head on a swivel, stay in busy and well lit areas, and stay in a group if you can.  It is still no where near the problems of other places.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You obviously have no clue.  

Avoid anything west of Bull south of Duffy.  Avoid anything west of MLK downtown.

Avoid anything east of East Broad downtown.  You can easily cross a street and end up neck deep in a project.

The Victorian district is booming right now and there are cool places between Victory and Henry as long as you stay in the Abercorn/Bull corridor.

Midtown Savannah (Ardsley Park area) numbered streets is an excellent area with very nice residential homes.  Habersham Village is a great place to go drinking, eating, and light shopping.

There are also very nice places to eat along Victory drive (the Florence, and Atlantic).

I've lived here all my life.  If you have a little common sense Savannah can be a great place to visit and safe.

If you go do stupid things in stupid places with stupid people you will win stupid prizes.
View Quote
I have no clue?  I worked for Metro PD for damn near a decade before I got smart and got the hell out of there....  I have a pretty good understanding of the crime in that shit hole city.  I lived in Ardsley Park for a while, so I know good and well that it varies literally by block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top