User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 11:45:03 AM EDT
Cave stage
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cWtdjbG51Y[/youtube]

130-300yd stage in a thunderstorm
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPyMxm-o1HA[/youtube]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Only watched the cave run so far. What kind of ammo are you using, or is there some sort of bullet stop? Just wondering how you deal with the splash back. Love the "you move pretty fast for an old man" comment as he pants like crazy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only watched the cave run so far. What kind of ammo are you using, or is there some sort of bullet stop? Just wondering how you deal with the splash back. Love the "you move pretty fast for an old man" comment as he pants like crazy.
View Quote
They use horse stall mats. They cut them a little bigger than the target and stack 4-5 of them together and bolt them to the cave wall.

I used to sponsor shooting events in the cave for a couple years, but the last time we wanted to do it they said no more shooting in the cave. Guess they changed their minds again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Derek has it right.

Does make you wonder why they would have said no to you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That is so awesome!   Was that the event where you had to run a 5K as well?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is so awesome!   Was that the event where you had to run a 5K as well?
View Quote
It came out to almost 4 miles according to someone who had a GPS device on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They use horse stall mats. They cut them a little bigger than the target and stack 4-5 of them together and bolt them to the cave wall.

I used to sponsor shooting events in the cave for a couple years, but the last time we wanted to do it they said no more shooting in the cave. Guess they changed their minds again.
View Quote
They have opened it back up, I think they were concerned about the environmental impact on the bat population.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Man that looks like fun
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Derek has it right.

Does make you wonder why they would have said no to you.
View Quote
If memory serves there was something environmental about it. Something was endangered like fungus or a blind rat or some shit. Can't rightly remember.

But suppressed pistols with IR lasers and PVS-15's were the shit in there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, I'm quite sure the steam coming off your barrel was really helpful when trying to hit a teeny white dot in the middle of a downpour...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn, I'm quite sure the steam coming off your barrel was really helpful when trying to hit a teeny white dot in the middle of a downpour...
View Quote
Yeah, at some point the steam hit the front lens and it just went white.

I am disappointed I didn't try SOMETHING to clear the lenses though. I am just not used to optics yet I think.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
very cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top