Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 4:32:42 PM EDT
and a price of a AR15 barrel and if they stocked the exact one I want.
Guy said 1st they stock the whole line then said some were special order and call back next Tuesday or Thursday to see what they have.
I mean WTF which is it.
Then he said they don't give prices out over the phone and basically did not have time to talk to me because they have thousands of calls per day and don't have time for it.
I have bought things from them before but guess now I'll go other places or just buy from factory they seem to have time to talk and sell to me.
Geez
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly getting an A+ lately on phone skilz are they.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a bummer. They have been good to me when I was there for cmshoot's classes and I purchased stuff from them. They were very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly getting an A+ lately on phone skilz are they.
View Quote
I hear customers are just knocking in their doors though.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/34148770/marietta-police-say-robbers-used-a-truck-to-break-into-gun-store
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hear customers are just knocking in their doors though.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/34148770/marietta-police-say-robbers-used-a-truck-to-break-into-gun-store
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same experience with their "customer service", so I took my business elsewhere. If they have thousands of calls per day, how come I never see any other customers in their store and the guy at the counter is usually playing on his phone?

Cherokee Gun and Pawn is always packed to the brim with customers yet they always take the time to be nice and polite on the phone. They probably have thousands of calls per day too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had the same experience with their "customer service", so I took my business elsewhere. If they have thousands of calls per day, how come I never see any other customers in their store and the guy at the counter is usually playing on his phone?

Cherokee Gun and Pawn is always packed to the brim with customers yet they always take the time to be nice and polite on the phone. They probably have thousands of calls per day too.
View Quote
Im in Acworth and there is probably a dozen or more gun stores closer to me than Cherokee. I still exclusively shop with Cherokee. Ive learned that lesson a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Im in Acworth and there is probably a dozen or more gun stores closer to me than Cherokee. I still exclusively shop with Cherokee. Ive learned that lesson a long time ago.
View Quote
I just bought an LE trade in P229 from AIM and had it shipped to Cherokee.
Not because the transfers are free, but because they're great to deal with. I spend more while I'm there than I would for a transfer fee elsewhere. I live in Peachtree City, work in Austell. Still drive to Cherokee.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I was pretty desperate to find a jug of H4350 and called adventure outdoors last week. Literally blown away by how courteous they were considering my half a dozen shitty experiences with them. My experience is that customer service is rarely consistent at most of these places. Some better than others.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I just ordered 2 barrels,1 bolt carrier & bolt from another place so they just missed a darn good order because of $hitty customer service.
Every time you take care of a customer you get repeat business and they tell a friend and for every time you treat one bad he tells everyone and there brother to stay away from the company.
I'm in sales and you never know where your next sale comes from so treat everyone with the same respect you want to be gave and you survive if not your sales suffer !!

Truprep is a no go place for me anymore.

Oh yeah Cherokee is top notch !
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Hate to hear that.

When I used to work their, customer service was certainly a priority.

The owners are regulars here, so I am sure they will chime in.  

I am positive they wouldn't tolerate what you mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hate to hear that.

When I used to work their, customer service was certainly a priority.

The owners are regulars here, so I am sure they will chime in.  

I am positive they wouldn't tolerate what you mentioned.
View Quote
Yeah I remember when you worked there and wish you still did this would not have happened IMO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
This is twice lately I have seen similar experiences there . I wonder what happened . They used to be solid.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're over that way and Tru Prep left a sour taste in your mouth, Ilmee is just a few doors down and has great Korean food. I love that place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you're over that way and Tru Prep left a sour taste in your mouth, Ilmee is just a few doors down and has great Korean food. I love that place.
View Quote
So is McDonalds and there customer service is alot better to LOL
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Does McDonald's have Kim Chee? Kinda have to go to Buford hwy to get Real Korean, but Il Mee sure is closer. Since TruPrep is on my way home from work I rarely call, but I've never had a bad experience with them. Must be a bad month, but yeah, Cherokee is my first choice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
chirp chirp
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I am surprised to read this.  We have always had great experiences at TruPrep.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]
That damned Cherokee Gun keeps coming up. Love that place.  They are always busy and STILL treat me with respect.  Placed phone order, they called when it came in, just as they promised.  Great operation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Well lets break that down.

They are open 10-7 today. That is 9 hours.

The guy claimed they get "thousands of calls a day". Let's be generous here and say that he is claiming 2,000 calls per day and not 10,000.

At 2k calls per day, with a 9 hour work day that breaks down to 222 calls per hour, or 3.7 per minute. or roughly a call every 16 seconds.  Given that volume they should soon eclipse Cabelas by the summer.

I am reminded of the initial episode of Band of Brothers. Capt. Sobel: "This man had 200 prophylactic kits in his foot locker! How in the name of God was he going to have the strength to fight the war?"

The owner should fire whoever said that to a customer. There is 0 excuse for that type of behavior.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I've had great service there as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I have noticed that Cherokee Gun might need to take a refresher course on customer service.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered an AKM from Atlantic, gave them Cherokees info. 3 days later my rifle was there, and I got a call. They could not have been nicer when I picked it up. Tried to find something else to buy to make up for the free transfer, but was not successful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well lets break that down.

They are open 10-7 today. That is 9 hours.

The guy claimed they get "thousands of calls a day". Let's be generous here and say that he is claiming 2,000 calls per day and not 10,000.

At 2k calls per day, with a 9 hour work day that breaks down to 222 calls per hour, or 3.7 per minute. or roughly a call every 16 seconds.  Given that volume they should soon eclipse Cabelas by the summer.

I am reminded of the initial episode of Band of Brothers. Capt. Sobel: "This man had 200 prophylactic kits in his foot locker! How in the name of God was he going to have the strength to fight the war?"

The owner should fire whoever said that to a customer. There is 0 excuse for that type of behavior.
View Quote
Agreed 110% he is a business killer and the owners should fire and hire another with better sales skills.
Lots of business is got via the phone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have noticed that Cherokee Gun might need to take a refresher course on customer service.
View Quote
....Cherokee Gun you say?....I disagree wholeheartedly, at least from my experience....Recently, my wife and I were 'in the neighborhood' (IOW, north of middle Georgia) and made the trip to Cherokee....
....This was a Saturday, just after noon and the place was packed...We had to park next door sort of packed....Despite the crush of people waiting to get to the counter, when we did get to the counter the young man (didn't catch his name) talked to us as if the store was empty....In no way did he even let on that there were people all around...Not even 'Well, why you're thinking about it I'll go help someone else' and disappear like most stores would be under the circumstances...
..We even got to say 'Hi' to Richie Rich for a few minutes, who was also busy but took the time to discuss details of the weapon we were looking at...

....Bottom line, even though Cherokee is roughly 1:45 to 2 hours away for us, I will be back for future purchases even if I'm NOT 'in the neighborhood'.....The selection is great (IMO), the customer service is top notch and the prices are in line with online 'deals' even figuring in gas money....
...Of course, next time we'll just have to allow more time to really look...gotta make the trip 'worth it'.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Chopps,  as one of the owners of TruPrep, I would like to apologize for you coming away from your recent experience with us feeling you received less than exceptional service.  As several on here know, customer service is something we have held in very high regard ever since we opened many years ago.  Despite that goal there is always the exception and some leave unhappy with their experience.

Let me take a moment and explain what the person you spoke to on the phone meant by his response.  We do carry many barrels but our selection varies.  We typically receive shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays for regularly stocked items which is why it was suggested you call back at that time since we were out of what you were looking for.  

For anything we don't carry, we offer to special order it for 10% over cost as a service to our customers.  Our only caveat is we don't quote them over the phone.  That policy is in place because the process can be very time consuming and error prone due to the number of options available and the load would be overbearing due to the volume and take away from customers in the store.  To take the volume of calls that would require, we would have to hire more people and increase our 10% margin which would make everyone unhappy also so we try to strike a balance.

Unfortunately, due to various reasons, that isn't always communicated as eloquently as we would like.  We will be discussing this incident internally to see how we can do better moving forward. For one, we are discussing an online quote request form much like our Free FFL Transfer form to manage the volume of requests we receive and to help keep the lines open and prices down.  We are always looking for ways to improve our products and services and always welcome your feedback.

Keep in mind that as owners, we are just two guys who are also long-time members of this board (over 15 years) who decided it would be a good idea to own a gun/survival store and went with it.   I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show your experience was the exception and not the rule.  If you do feel that bridge has been burned and want to support one of the other fine local businesses then we completely understand as well.

Thanks,

Joey
Truprep
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for stepping up Truprep
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Chopps,  as one of the owners of TruPrep, I would like to apologize for you coming away from your recent experience with us feeling you received less than exceptional service.  As several on here know, customer service is something we have held in very high regard ever since we opened many years ago.  Despite that goal there is always the exception and some leave unhappy with their experience.

Let me take a moment and explain what the person you spoke to on the phone meant by his response.  We do carry many barrels but our selection varies.  We typically receive shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays for regularly stocked items which is why it was suggested you call back at that time since we were out of what you were looking for.  

For anything we don't carry, we offer to special order it for 10% over cost as a service to our customers.  Our only caveat is we don't quote them over the phone.  That policy is in place because the process can be very time consuming and error prone due to the number of options available and the load would be overbearing due to the volume and take away from customers in the store.  To take the volume of calls that would require, we would have to hire more people and increase our 10% margin which would make everyone unhappy also so we try to strike a balance.

Unfortunately, due to various reasons, that isn't always communicated as eloquently as we would like.  We will be discussing this incident internally to see how we can do better moving forward. For one, we are discussing an online quote request form much like our Free FFL Transfer form to manage the volume of requests we receive and to help keep the lines open and prices down.  We are always looking for ways to improve our products and services and always welcome your feedback.

Keep in mind that as owners, we are just two guys who are also long-time members of this board (over 15 years) who decided it would be a good idea to own a gun/survival store and went with it.   I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show your experience was the exception and not the rule.  If you do feel that bridge has been burned and want to support one of the other fine local businesses then we completely understand as well.

Thanks,

Joey
Truprep
View Quote
Well said!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top