Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:46:24 PM EDT
********UPDATE ALSO FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 3********

OK guys, we're coming down the home stretch. We want as many folks as possible to make it out to the shoot, but we also need to get a handle on how much vittles to purchase so no one goes hungry, or so that we don't buy enough for an army, and just a platoon or a squad shows up. If we've got you down as committed to come, please show up, or let us know in advance that your plans have changed. (Dire emergencies are always forgiven!) If you are still sitting on the fence, try to give us a confirmation ASAP.

This is NOT an ultimatum!!! If you truly won't know til 5 am on the day of the shoot, I'm good with that!!! If you find out plans have changed and you can come, but your name isn't on the list, COME ON OUT!!! I am simply doing my best to try to avoid food/$$$ wastage, OR hungry bellies....

Looking forward to a record turn out at the 2017 Spring Shoot!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Redgoat  has informed me that due to a heavy work schedule, and issues with a bad back, he will be unable to host a Spring Shoot this year. I hope you get to doing better SOON Redgoat!!! He passed the torch to GaHunter, who's schedule, unfortunately, is such that, the earliest he could host a shoot would be late May at best. He contacted me, and asked if we'd like to take up the torch and have the Spring Shoot out at the Angry Emu. After discussing it with Draconis, DagnyGalt, and other members of the "board" we came up with the weekend of 4/8/17.

SO, I know it's kinda short notice, but what do y'all say? Who's up for a Spring Shoot? For anyone not familiar with the Angry Emu, it's located east of Atlanta, about 7 miles south of I-20 near Madison. Ideally we'll set it up on Friday, shoot all day Saturday, then clean up on Sunday. There's plenty of room for camping at the range, for those of you that are interested in making a weekend of it. Spouses and kids are more than welcome! We do ask that you keep a close eye on your children should you bring them. If camping is not your style, there are several decent motels about 7 miles from the range. There will be campfires on both Friday and Saturday nights, (IMHO: the best part of the shoot!) featuring the refreshment of your choice. (No alcohol to be broken out til all the firearms are stowed for the day.)

With only 4 weeks notice, I don't see t-shirts as an option for this shoot, unless someone has a good source, and can pull off a rush order on them.

Lunch on Saturday will be burgers, dogs, and whatever potluck side dishes the attendees bring. Haven't decided on Saturday supper yet, maybe just an open grill to cook what ya brung on it..... Suggestions? Volunteers?

We'll be needing a range safety officer or three. Though, as usual, we'll expect everyone attending to call out anyone they see acting in an unsafe manner. However, I can honestly say that the GA HTF has always been an incredibly safe group of shooters at every event I've ever attended! Chamber flags will be required for firearms on the range. Eye and ear protection are required too. Range rules can be found at AngryEmuRange.com

Volunteers for Friday setup, food duties, and Sunday clean up, will be greatly appreciated!

Questions? What am I forgetting? Sing out!

Who all's gonna be there:

Emu
Emu Jr.
Draconis & Meme, +4  ~6?~
doomtrprz71, +5
LoneWolf545
cpl0313
Redwolf51 & Scarlett10mm, +?
DEDX
foreman2000
votefromrooftops
milsurphunter, +1
GlockSpeed31, +2
DagnyGalt, +1
bearman71
Tok762, +2
Gandydancer, +1
Gentleman4561
FurywithanAK
~EKD, +1~
PeteVenkmanPHD
L33dy
~Red Dawn~
DrumMajor69, +2
~D_J~
GeorgiaBII
MisterTwo
xerxes2695
~ iamthesgt~
ASP2001

RSO Volunteers:

LoneWolf545
cpl0313

Anyone else up for a Spring Shoot at the Angry Emu on the weekend of 4/8/17?!?  
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not in steinhatchee, I'll be there and probably have my wife and father in law with me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm not in steinhatchee, I'll be there and probably have my wife and father in law with me.
View Quote

Post up when you know for sure and I'll  add y'all  to the list. And if you find out at the last minute that you can come, don't stay away if we didn't get you added to "the list." "The list" is just to give us an idea of how many folks to expect. (We generally end up with about 40 folks.)
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
....At this point I'd say there's a 98% chance Meme and I will be there on Saturday at least but we're shooting ( ) for coming in late Friday and leaving Sunday.....Don't want to miss the campfire socials....

...We may also be +4 or +6...I'll update on that when I know for sure....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the day I have to do the final safety meeting so I can join Athens Rifle Club, oh well. I've been on the waitlist for a year so I don't want to skip it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Penciled on the calendar, I'll let you know if I get it to go sharpie.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
....At this point I'd say there's a 98% chance Meme and I will be there on Saturday at least but we're shooting ( ) for coming in late Friday and leaving Sunday.....Don't want to miss the campfire socials....

...We may also be +4 or +6...I'll update on that when I know for sure....
View Quote

Got you and Meme and a +? Chalked up!

It just wouldn't be a Shoot at the Angry Emu without Draconis and Meme there!!!

(For those who haven't followed the progress at the Angry Emu Range over three last couple of years, the majority of the improvements to the range are due to the efforts and oversight of these two!!! Be sure to say thank you when you see them at the Shoot!!!  )
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's the day I have to do the final safety meeting so I can join Athens Rifle Club, oh well. I've been on the waitlist for a year so I don't want to skip it.
View Quote

Athens ain't that far away. You can come to the Shoot before and/or after your safety meeting!

There's nothing quite like a GA HTF campfire!

Still hoping you can shoehorn us in.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Penciled on the calendar, I'll let you know if I get it to go sharpie.
View Quote

I'd be glad to loan you my sharpie if you need one!!!

Fingers crossed, keep us posted!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a tentative go, won't know for several weeks whether my wife is working that day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#10]
...Also, for those who've never been to AER or one of the GHTF shoots, HERE is the video of last year's Fall shoot...Password required to view is: ghtf....

....The conversation is surpassed only by the 'toys'....
......which are only surpassed by the fellowship with friendly folk......
..........which is only surpassed by the get togethers around the camp fire...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a tentative go, won't know for several weeks whether my wife is working that day.
View Quote

I'm thinking we'll start adding the "maybes" to the list with a ~ in front.

Adding you and sea2summit to the list, and hoping it sticks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in. I need some trigger therapy. I'll be tent camping. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll be camping you say
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool beans! Got you on the list!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....Speaking of tent camping, I haven't gotten the Lair ready yet and the Home Away from Home is really too much trouble so it looks like the Tent Mahal will be making the trip (if we can swing the weekend)......Hopefully nobody claims The Devil's Corner before we get there.....That spot is juuuuuust right....

....BTW Emu, what's the status on the electrical panel?......We got juice yet or do I need to tune up the Genny?.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....Cpl, is Pvt going to be able to make it?.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

.....Speaking of tent camping, I haven't gotten the Lair ready yet and the Home Away from Home is really too much trouble so it looks like the Tent Mahal will be making the trip (if we can swing the weekend)......Hopefully nobody claims The Devil's Corner before we get there.....That spot is juuuuuust right....

....BTW Emu, what's the status on the electrical panel?......We got juice yet or do I need to tune up the Genny?.....
View Quote

No juice yet cuz I've been lazy. BUT, I'll do my best to get it up before the shoot!

I'll get over there and rope off the Devil's Corner, and put up a sign that says "Reserved for Draconis & Meme"!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

.....Cpl, is Pvt going to be able to make it?.....
View Quote
Not my weekend. I'm gonna try to kidnap him though. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No juice yet cuz I've been lazy. BUT, I'll do my best to get it up before the shoot!

I'll get over there and rope off the Devil's Corner, and put up a sign that says "Reserved for Draconis & Meme"!!!
View Quote
Good! That way I'll know where to pitch my tent. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good! That way I'll know where to pitch my tent. 
View Quote

......Keep it up and you'll lose shower privileges .....Besides, are you tenting or bringing the Party Mover?....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Redwolf51 and Scarlett10mm will be there and can help out as needed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

......Keep it up and you'll lose shower privileges .....Besides, are you tenting or bringing the Party Mover?....
View Quote
Tent. The fun mover needs tires and it has developed an electrical gremlin. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like that's my weekend off. May try to make it out for once. Missed out on all the others so far.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Redwolf51 and Scarlett10mm will be there and can help out as needed.
View Quote

GREAT! I was counting on y'all being there!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like that's my weekend off. May try to make it out for once. Missed out on all the others so far.
View Quote

I'm putting you on the list, so now ya gotta come! No excuses!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm out. Will be in Kentucky for spring break and Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Add me plus one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry you can't make it redgoat. You will always hold a place of fame at an Angry Emu Shoot due to your Landcruiser, and its/your ability to drag the bulk of the HTF from the range to the road, after 3 days of non-stop rain, and a definite lack of gravel on the driveway, at the first Fall Shoot held at the AER!!!  (Which has thankfully been rectified by Draconis and some volunteers since then!  ) Hopefully you can make it to the Fall Shoot or the MOA Shoot later this year. Have a safe trip, you'll be missed!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Add me plus one.
View Quote

Got you added. Glad you can make it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Throw me down as a maybe (just that Saturday), I'll have to check with plans on the wife's end.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Throw me down as a maybe (just that Saturday), I'll have to check with plans on the wife's end.
View Quote

Got you down as a definite ~maybe~ !!!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
My weekend on at work, can't do it this time.  Just did the inaugural Cola Warrior South East.  Taking 2 weeks in June/July to visit family and friends back in NYistan.  Then my time will be limited.  Hopefully a fall shoot will be in the cards.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My weekend on at work, can't do it this time.  Just did the inaugural Cola Warrior South East.  Taking 2 weeks in June/July to visit family and friends back in NYistan.  Then my time will be limited.  Hopefully a fall shoot will be in the cards.
View Quote

Bummer! We'll for sure miss you! Almost as much as we'll miss your griddle!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#34]
i can come depending on what's going on with the boys and I

i'll even help cook, just need to get out
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i can come depending on what's going on with the boys and I

i'll even help cook, just need to get out
View Quote

I'm putting you on the list, but you're only allowed to come if you bring your wife's famous German Potato Salad!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
She walked out of the family in October, so that may be tough. Going through a divorce now.

i know all the proper ingredients, i'll make it. it is my grandmothers recipes
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Count me and the son in law as going.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorry you can't make it redgoat. You will always hold a place of fame at an Angry Emu Shoot due to your Landcruiser, and its/your ability to drag the bulk of the HTF from the range to the road, after 3 days of non-stop rain, and a definite lack of gravel on the driveway, at the first Fall Shoot held at the AER!!!  (Which has thankfully been rectified by Draconis and some volunteers since then!  ) Hopefully you can make it to the Fall Shoot or the MOA Shoot later this year. Have a safe trip, you'll be missed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The FJ will have to be added to the annals of history as it has been sent to the great junkyard in the sky. A Nissan decided to pull in front of me and totaled it and fractured a vertebrae in my back. It has been replaced with an equally capable TRD Offroad 4Runner. The busted back and the crazy run-up to Masters week at work is why I had to forfeit this year.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm trying to be a salesman. Count us in and maybe plus four.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm out. Confederate Nationals that weekend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm out guys. Got plans all through April I can't get out of.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
She walked out of the family in October, so that may be tough. Going through a divorce now.

i know all the proper ingredients, i'll make it. it is my grandmothers recipes
View Quote

Well that just sux. Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you do need a bit of a getaway! If you can put together Grandma's tater salad, it'll be a big hit, no doubt! But I can promise you this, you are welcome at my place ANYTIME, tater salad in tow, or empty handed!!!!!

Hang tough. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Count me and the son in law as going.
View Quote

I've got it, milsurphunter +1. Glad y'all can make it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I am out sadly .
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The FJ will have to be added to the annals of history as it has been sent to the great junkyard in the sky. A Nissan decided to pull in front of me and totaled it and fractured a vertebrae in my back. It has been replaced with an equally capable TRD Offroad 4Runner. The busted back and the crazy run-up to Masters week at work is why I had to forfeit this year.
View Quote

Durn! Between you and Vote, it sounds like the Augusta crew has been having a bad run of luck! I sure hope the rest of the gang over that way is fairing better!!!

I'll  be sure to light a candle for the mighty FJ!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I won't be able to make it.  

I hope you have all have a great time!

Thanks for stepping up and continuing to encourage the HTF to get out of the house once and a while!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm trying to be a salesman. Count us in and maybe plus four.
View Quote

In-laws and outlaws welcome! Polish up your spiel and drag them along!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm out. Confederate Nationals that weekend.
View Quote

Nooooooooo!!! Now what're we gonna do for an RSO, AND tunes around the campfire, not to mention Mason jar fillins?!?!? You WILL be missed!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nooooooooo!!! Now what're we gonna do for an RSO, AND tunes around the campfire, not to mention Mason jar fillins?!?!? You WILL be missed!!!!
View Quote
I'll help RSO. I also have corn squeezins. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm out guys. Got plans all through April I can't get out of.
View Quote

Just durn! I'm gonna miss seeing your son too!!! What a trooper he was! He's a GREAT kid! He's welcome at the Angry Emu with you anytime! And please tell him I said so!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top