Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 9:13:53 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I don't necessarily agree with this. Lots of leftists in Carrollton too. Not sure what to think other than I will be keeping my ear to the ground for sure.

Eta: he's a stupid dick apparently

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck....
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Hire the people qualified to do the job regardless of skin color. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess I know who Carrollton won't elect at the next election.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hire the people qualified to do the job regardless of skin color. 
View Quote

That^

Skin, hair and eye color, height and weight are things you can use to describe yourself but other than that they are irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The jimmies are so easily rustled. I've already been called a racist troll, so I must be doing something right

His page is wide open. Apparently he made up a story about being attacked by racists in a park a made a live feed just after the incident but I can't find it now. If I can find it I'll post it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The only thing Carroll county has going for it is southwire and west Georgia college. He's trying to appease the non residents who don't work there. How stupid can you be. Start calling it west Douglas. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I guess I know who Carrollton won't elect at the next election.
View Quote

I wouldn't bet on that. The same kind of people that elected Obama twice are taking over Carrolton just like they have Douglasville.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Mr Byrd evidently has the toughest and most dangerous job in Carrollton.

Did it actually happen?

After all this potential life threatening, race motivated aggression, he advised the police that he does not want to pursue charges and there's no reason to search for a suspect. Many (including me) are wondering if anything even remotely close to Byrd's claims actually happened. If nothing else, it did give him a great opportunity to promote his "non-profit"
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mr Byrd evidently has the toughest and most dangerous job in Carrollton.

Did it actually happen?

After all this potential life threatening, race motivated aggression, he advised the police that he does not want to pursue charges and there's no reason to search for a suspect. Many (including me) are wondering if anything even remotely close to Byrd's claims actually happened. If nothing else, it did give him a great opportunity to promote his "non-profit"
View Quote

I've been looking for that!! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only thing Carroll county has going for it is southwire and west Georgia college. He's trying to appease the non residents who don't work there. How stupid can you be. Start calling it west Douglas. 
View Quote

There are plenty of leftists out there, believe me. Full on communists and anarchists too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
The city Manager's number is 4045353656 and would love to field questions about Carrollton's discriminatory hiring practices. That number is published online if you dig for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I moved to Carrollton to get away from the atl asshats... How is this idiot getting elected?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I moved to Carrollton to get away from the atl asshats... How is this idiot getting elected?
View Quote

His re-election page on Facebook is still open and has almost 900 followers.  That's kind of a lot of fans for this area. He pushes a lot of multicultural stuff in real life too and the people in his ward appreciate that sort of thing.

There's at least one other leftist on the city council. They push things like community bikes, "free little food pantries" and fixed up a water park. The bikes are a total waste of tax money. FSA votes too.

I've been blocked from his personal page so that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
View Quote

...^ That, +1.....

.....When people are hired to make up some type of quota to be PC, rather than because they are the best person for the job, it only perpetuates discrimination, rather than end it...
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Stopped by Little Gems and got my haircut today. Word on the street agrees with my initial response in this thread. Gotta love the gossip at the barber shop.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wouldn't bet on that. The same kind of people that elected Obama twice are taking over Carrolton just like they have Douglasville.
View Quote

You are wrong.  Carroll County is a solid Republican chunk of Georgia.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are plenty of leftists out there, believe me. Full on communists and anarchists too.
View Quote

I've lived in Carroll County since 1976.  I've only known one real Communist 9 (he was a real member of the party) and I've never known an anarchist.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stopped by Little Gems and got my haircut today. Word on the street agrees with my initial response in this thread. Gotta love the gossip at the barber shop.
View Quote

Especially at Little Gem!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The county didn't elect the mayor, the city and it's diverse residents did. Big difference.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The county didn't elect the mayor, the city and it's diverse residents did. Big difference.
View Quote

The city is very conservative as well.  The current mayor is practically invisible.  He replaced Wayne Garner who was a good ol boy Republican.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow that pisses me off. How is that one of america's principles?  If an individual is qualified they will get the postition, not if they check a box based on race/ethnicity/disability.

I love the second post...way to created a safe-space echo chamber, what a doucher.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow that pisses me off. How is that one of america's principles?  If an individual is qualified they will get the postition, not if they check a box based on race/ethnicity/disability.

I love the second post...way to created a safe-space echo chamber, what a doucher.
View Quote

I generally agree with you on this but people from diverse backgrounds bring different ways of looking at and solving problems.  But for non-policy making positions that is not an applicable dynamic.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I generally agree with you on this but people from diverse backgrounds bring different ways of looking at and solving problems.  But for non-policy making positions that is not an applicable dynamic.
View Quote

The problem is he is looking for crayola diverse. Campuses like Berkeley are crayola diverse. Everybody has to be in lockstep on ideals, viewpoints, etc.

The challenge is colleges, governments, etc are diversifying racially and discouraging the the diversity of thought and principles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top