BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 5:32:26 PM EDT
Recommend anyone?
What is a reasonable cost?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by NE?

I have always used Specialty Engraving in Norcross and been quite happy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
NE= North East Ga (Franklin,Banks,Stephens,Hart,Rabun,Madison,Clark,Harbersham)

I live about 10min North East of Commerce,GA
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you mean by NE?

View Quote

Thought you did your own
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thought you did your own
View Quote
Well....haha
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Just finished up an engraving job on a steel receiver 870 with some art files my daughter generated for me. Stealth Grey and Tungsten cerakote colors.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used Guns N Gear in Lavonia a few times. They have been a pleasure to work with and the price was very reasonable.
I tried to use that Specialty Engraving place once because someone here recommended them. They made it clear they did not want my business so I didn't trouble them with it. Maybe I didnt know the secret password or something.

J
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've used Guns N Gear in Lavonia a few times. They have been a pleasure to work with and the price was very reasonable.
I tried to use that Specialty Engraving place once because someone here recommended them. They made it clear they did not want my business so I didn't trouble them with it. Maybe I didnt know the secret password or something.

J
View Quote

Yeah I called up their and one of their staff said Charles (owner) is the only one who knows how to run the machine. And he is only around every other weekend or so. They quoted me a price of like $60 or something like that. I thought that to be kinda high. Was talk about a place in Toccoa that does engraving. I am going to call them and see.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you mean by NE?

View Quote

Have any pics of the work they do?  I work right across the street and need an SBR and SBS engraved....its too convenient for me
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have any pics of the work they do?  I work right across the street and need an SBR and SBS engraved....its too convenient for me
View Quote
Not good ones, all my engraved guns and cans have been painted over. 

Its pretty basic font, nothing fancy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not good ones, all my engraved guns and cans have been painted over. 

Its pretty basic font, nothing fancy.
View Quote

So its safe to say that if you're going to cerakote it after the engraving, their quality of work will be fine?

Forgot to ask how much they charge?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Paul at insert molding solutions in cumming will do it while you wait. I believe thortons jewelry in Athens used to do nfa engraving a decade or so ago.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah I called up their and one of their staff said Charles (owner) is the only one who knows how to run the machine. And he is only around every other weekend or so. They quoted me a price of like $60 or something like that. I thought that to be kinda high. Was talk about a place in Toccoa that does engraving. I am going to call them and see.
View Quote
Nothing good ever came out of Toccoa...Jus' Sayin'!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#14]
You can bring it by my shop if you want (barrow co)

I have a fiber laser that I mark our machined parts with.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing good ever came out of Toccoa...Jus' Sayin'!
View Quote
I came out of Toccoa...

Your point is confirmed 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I came out of Toccoa...Your point is confirmed 
View Quote
I'll be damned...ok, I should have said "...present company excluded!".
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't understand. why engrave a SBR.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't understand. why engrave a SBR.
View Quote

Because it is the law...

If you Form 1 that is. If you buy a manufactured SBR then it will already have their markings on it and you won't need to engrave.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried calling Paul today, I have two that I need to engrave. Do you have a  better number to reach him? I used (678) 965-5334 and got a voicemail all day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I posted this exact question on the FB HTF page, a lot better results here.  I guess I'll try Paul also as he's right down the street.  

Anyone ever use Specialty Engraving in Alpharetta?

Can anyone speak to the quality of either's work?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Paul's the only guy I'd let get anywhere near my sbrs. the engraving comes out perfect and is notably different that what I have seen of non laser sbr engraving.

He's a bit hard to pin down and busy with the real work they do there.

Email me and I can send you his cell #. Please don't blow him up. I'd hate to see him stop doing the sbr stuff because it was a distraction
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
But I have been told you don't need to engrave it till you sell it. ATF has the ser# already on your stamp and who has it and where it came from. I hear A LOT of different info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I used Dobbs Defense to engrave mine.  He does good work.  Ended up purchasing a can while I was there getting the SBR engraved so he waived the engraving fee.  He's over in Dallas though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]
This was from Paul's in Cumming. Cost me $60 for the first and $50 for the second. It is good work and the guys there are great and showed me the shop after. Picture isn't the best but it actually came out really good. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Just finished engraving my SBR and finishing in ODG Cerakote and a little color fill to make it pop. Specifications are .003" deep but mine are closer to .015"  Also did my MP5 and SP89...the MP5 was originally married to the sear  
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You can bring it by my shop if you want (barrow co)

I have a fiber laser that I mark our machined parts with.
View Quote
Whats the name of your shop?
Have you done a number of Lowers?
Can you do Glock Slides?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Also Guns and Gear has gone out of business from what I have been told.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top