Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:41:25 PM EDT
I'm in East Paulding, between New Hope and the Cross Roads.

Forgot a gallon of milk in back passenger floorboard that I had bought on 11FEB17.

16FEG17, the jug reminded me by leaking about a pint into the carpet.

The Rug Doctor knocked the smell down tolerable enough to drive to a Pro Shop.

Please tell me where I can get this squared away on short notice, like tomorrow.

Thanks to those that know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
When I worked as a street cop and had to get dead body funk out of my trunk, I dumped a shitload of baking soda on it, brushed it into the carpet,  let sit as long as possible (preferably a day or more), and vacuumed it up.   But, you say you wanna knock it out quick.   Give it a shot, I never tried it over a shorter period of time, so it may work.....plus it's cheap and easy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Try spritzing some vinegar on the affected areas. It kills any odor I throw it on pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Massive quantities of baking soda for the win!

Leave on the spot for as long as possible.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Pull carpet and pad out.  Soak in gas apply flame.

Install new.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Took almost a year to get the smell out of my wife's car when a gallon of milk let go... we wet vac'ed 100 times it seemed and hit with all kinds of stuff. In hindsight, should have just spent the $700 they wanted to replace the carpet... good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I worked as a street cop and had to get dead body funk out of my trunk, I dumped a shitload of baking soda on it, brushed it into the carpet,  let sit as long as possible (preferably a day or more), and vacuumed it up.   But, you say you wanna knock it out quick.   Give it a shot, I never tried it over a shorter period of time, so it may work.....plus it's cheap and easy.
View Quote

Damn, this shit got serious quick!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to soak it in vinegar to kill the bacteria or the smell will just be covered up
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Might want to try one of the ozone generators as well, once you clean that carpet 100 times.  Some detail shops have one they will rent out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
There is an enzyme based carpet cleaner called Folex. Soak it with that and then vacuum it up at the local car wash. The enzymes will neutralize the funk and then vacuum will lift it all from your carpet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I second the ozone generator. Environmental cleanup companies, the kind you call for actual dead body removal, will have them in the size needed for a vehicle. If you have the source of the stink removed, but need the smell out of the upholstery, seats, headliner, etc., then ozone is what you need.

If you can rent one, it's as simple as plugging it in and running it inside the closed vehicle for several hours. If you have to hire someone, it'll be a little more costly, but it'll remove ALL organic odors. Make sure you run the HVAC in the vehicle on recirculate, so it cleans the smell out of the vents, and consider changing the cabin filter first.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have used Hydrogen Peroixde on terrible smells/stains on carpets and padding.

Get a few cheap bottles (1.50 ish) and soak the area. let it dry.  (Depending on the color I would test an area first.)

It breaks chemical bonds so it should destroy the soured milk at an organic level.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have used hydrogen peroxide & baking soda to great success cleaning the odor of skunk from my dogs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Install new.
View Quote

Beat me to fire.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Beat me to fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Install new.

Beat me to fire.
Maybe he's taking y'all up on the suggestion. He's also looking for burn barrels. 
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top