Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2017 4:31:47 PM EDT
I was contacted a couple months ago by an American who currently lives in Japan and works for a medical supply/equipment company. He said he was bringing a few Japanese cardiac surgeons to the US and wanted them to do the kind of stuff they can't do in Japan, so we set up a 1-day long range class. They were accompanied by a cardiac surgeon from Kentucky.

Met them on the 1,000yd range of Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN. Started them on a custom .308 bolt action, then on my JP Enterprises LRP-07 in .308, topped with a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x42mm. We started at 100yds and worked out to 1,000yds in 100yd increments, all on steel.

I had every one of them ring steel 2 or more times at 1,000yds using the JP LRP-07. Most had never fired a firearm at all, a couple had shot a handgun before. Great bunch of guys, we all had a good time.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding! I bet that will be a top highlight when they tell folks about their trip to the US.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm picturing Shep using his colorful phrases and language in Japanese.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm picturing Shep using his colorful phrases and language in Japanese.
View Quote

Ha!  Yes.....

Shep, that is awesome you got all of them on steel at 1,000 for the first run.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.  

I'm not sure they understood some of my more colorful or colloquial turns of phrase.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was contacted a couple months ago by an American who currently lives in Japan and works for a medical supply/equipment company. He said he was bringing a few Japanese cardiac surgeons to the US and wanted them to do the kind of stuff they can't do in Japan, so we set up a 1-day long range class. They were accompanied by a cardiac surgeon from Kentucky.

Met them on the 1,000yd range of Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN. Started them on a custom .308 bolt action, then on my JP Enterprises LRP-07 in .308, topped with a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x42mm. We started at 100yds and worked out to 1,000yds in 100yd increments, all on steel.

I had every one of them ring steel 2 or more times at 1,000yds using the JP LRP-07. Most had never fired a firearm at all, a couple had shot a handgun before. Great bunch of guys, we all had a good time.

Semper Fi!
View Quote

That's awesome.  Thanks for being a good ambassador for the cause.  I bet they had a blast.  Hell I've never shot past 400 yards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top