Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 7:26:56 PM EDT
I ordered a retractable brace for my Sig MPX pistol and some 30 round mags in a combo deal from a reputable company that I have ordered from a few times.  They had a super sale going on the combo, so I jumped on it a little over a week ago.  

I got a shipping notification last Tuesday saying that it was going out Fedex Ground and gave me my tracking number.    The next day, I tried the tracking number, and the website showed that nothing had happened with the package and it hadn't been scanned in by Fedex yet.   I thought it strange, but figured maybe it was going out the next day, so I gave it another night.

When no activity came up the next morning, I called the company as soon as they opened to inquire.   They talked with the shipping manager and the package had gone out on that Tuesday as it was supposed to, and they looked around for it to confirm it wasn't misplaced.

They said they would do some more research and get back to me.   I got a call at the end of the day and they said that they "think" what happened to it was that someone put the Fedex package into the USPS bin by accident and that it may have gone out with the mail.   They didn't have any more of the combos left as they sold out fast, so I couldn't get a replacement and asked them what the next steps were.

They said that this never has happened to them before, but the Fedex representative told them that this happens a lot more often across the US than you would think.   It turns out Fedex, UPS, and the USPS have an agreement that if either gets the others package by mistake, they will hold the package and call and request a driver to stop by and grab it.

Finally today, the package went active in a major city about 50 miles away from where the company is located.   So the postal service must have shipped it to their sorting facility and had it picked up there.

Moral of the story is double check what bin you throw shit into, otherwise you will add a week to your delivery time or more.   This ever happen to any our HTFers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top