Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 5:44:45 PM EDT
What is the cost and where do I start the paperwork to file a DBA?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The cost for a trade name (DBA) is going to be different depending upon the county.  You file your request in the Superior Court in the county in which your business will be based.  A trade name simply allows for you to do business under that name.  In addition to the fee paid to the Superior Court, you will have to run an ad in the legal organ of the county.

LLCs are done through the Secretary of State's office and actually create a legal entity for tax purposes.  I don't recall the fees, but there was a name reservation fee, an application/filing fee, and an annual renewal fee.  It wasn't terribly expensive.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a LLC now. Buys it's in my name. I want a DBA to match what I'm gonna be doing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a LLC now. Buys it's in my name. I want a DBA to match what I'm gonna be doing.
View Quote

Contact the Clerk of Court in the county in which your business will be based and tell them you want to register a trade name.  As I wrote in the initial post, the fee is varies by county.  You'll have to fill out a form and then publish it in the legal organ of the county.

I've been through this process.  I have an LLC, and then I registered a trade name for the LLC.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I will!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#5]
And good luck with your business.  You are what makes America great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top