Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 12:32:49 PM EDT
Come on Georgia we need to pass something like this!

Tennessee Bill allows ramming protesters blocking road!

I've got a huge grill guard on my Silverado just dying to meet some hippies.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the actual bill:

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/110/Bill/SB0944.pdf

It does NOT authorize ramming protestors blocking the road.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Cattle Bumpers are an art Form
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the actual bill:

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/110/Bill/SB0944.pdf

It does NOT authorize ramming protestors blocking the road.
View Quote

Literary license was involved in link

Honestly it SHOULD authorize ramming. And backing up and doing again.

You want to protest? Fine. Stay on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta love the selective support of the Bill of Rights around here.

We expect unlimited freedom to express our 2nd Amendment Rights, but let's trample and run over the ones who choose to express their 1st Amendment Rights.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We expect unlimited freedom to express our 2nd Amendment Rights, but let's trample and run over the ones who choose to express their 1st Amendment Rights.

View Quote

There are limits...we know this.  Can't yell fire in a crowded theater, telling someone they can't protest in a highway isn't the same as telling them they can't protest.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Second Amendment doesn't allow me to shoot whoever I think needs it, the First Amendment doesn't allow someone to interfere with another person's right to travel freely.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with you but at the same time disagree with you.  When did "freedom of speech" become "freedom of expression" and authorization to block roads, burn down McDonalds and pull people out of their cars?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree with you but at the same time disagree with you.  When did "freedom of speech" become "freedom of expression" and authorization to block roads, burn down McDonalds and pull people out of their cars?
View Quote

Their rights end where mine begin. A simplistic way of saying it but still true.

You can protest all you want. IDGAF. But you do not have the right to restrain my movement or travel. You don't have the right to block critical infrastructure. You don't have the right to keep emergency responders from well.. responding.

If you feel wronged and think protesting will help by all means PROTEST. Just don't involve me or mine in it. Don't form a mob and surround my vehicle and put my family in danger.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Their rights end where mine begin. A simplistic way of saying it but still true.

You can protest all you want. IDGAF. But you do not have the right to restrain my movement or travel. You don't have the right to block critical infrastructure. You don't have the right to keep emergency responders from well.. responding.

If you feel wronged and think protesting will help by all means PROTEST. Just don't involve me or mine in it. Don't form a mob and surround my vehicle and put my family in danger.
View Quote

I feel the same way.  Your right to swing your fist ends just outside my nose and if your fist touches my nose, you deserve a ride to the pokey.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your rights end when they start infringing on others so spare me the angst.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]
1A rights dont give you the right to endanger my life.  period.  walking / protesting / fucking whatever on the freeway or roadway endangers people lives including the motorist.  

no-way was I ever in favor or "free speech zones" but on the flip side there are places that have to be off-limits and the fucking interstate is one of them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you believe blocking an Interstate highway should be protected under the 1st Amendment?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top