Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 10:44:25 PM EDT
Title says it all, any info appreciated!

thank you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
if its available comcast biz level 100 mb/s is around 200 a month. comcast has a terrible rep for consumer internet but their biz level internet is very good. support is respsonsive.

i  use comcast biz for work with 8 static ips (which comes in very handy in a number of ways) and ATT DSL consumer for backup. In my area ATT cant come close to comcast speed. you might also check them out as they do have high speed internet in some areas.

the biz level stuff pays off if there are network issues. they stay on top of it 24x7. i've heard if you have consumer level comcast and the net goes flaky they can be very slow to respond.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Who are the providers in your area? That's the question you should be asking.

+1 for Comcast Biz class. I have it for over a year. It has been pretty solid. No issues during peak times. Guessing they QoS my traffic higher than residential customers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had comcast mega blast for years, and the service dropped all the time, although down speed high, upload speed struggled often.  After 3 outages in a week, an ATT sales rep knocked on the door, I said I don't have time to buy today but come back tomorrow and it will be your easiest sale.

I'm on the ATT giga fiber now.  Iphone 7 will do 350 down and 350 up over wifi, consistently, sometimes as high as 375.  I'm using an old router, intend to get a new one and expect speeds to increase.  So far reliability has been flawless over 2 months and 4 days.  My neighbor has a much nicer PC than mine but still several years old and he gets 990 down and 990 up hardwired.  my pc only has a 10/100 port.

at the price i'm paying two year promo rate of $70/month, discounted from $99.99.  This is bundled with my direcTv, so not sure if that's the promo or if its just a running deal.  Either way cheaper than comcast biz, and i was paying 92$ a month for mega comcast.

Comcast support blows, IMO.

hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top