Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2016 4:14:13 PM EDT
Last weekend 3 of my friends and I camped in the Jack's river falls area (not the prohibited area).  Around dark:thirty a hiker walked by our campsite, which is a little unusual because the location of our campsite is the last spot on that side of the river. There are other camping areas further on but you would need to cross the river and in the 5 years we've camped in this spot we've only seen 1 set of hikers attempt this.  After the guy passed our camp a few minutes passed and we noticed he hadn't crossed the river but instead was partially concealed in the trees "observing" the area.  Approx 20 min passed and he returned by our site back to the main trail.  The campsite we use is very remote, slightly hidden and not at all well traveled so to see someone out there in the darkness with full pack seemed odd. The guy mentioned something about watching the water level  etc then moved on.   At 2am that evening there was a LOUD splash/thud like the sound of a very heavy rock being thrown into the water.  I instantly awoke grabbed side arm/flashlight and crawled out of my hammock.  Couldn't see anyone in the river or on the bank but what kind of person goes into a camp and does that in the middle of the night?  Just kinda got me all sketchy feeling and I stayed awake/half asleep for the rest of the night.  You see some weird things in the woods sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you stayed woke

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Another reason I always take my NV/Thermal camping.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I sleep with a firearm next to me at all times. Camping especially.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This exactly
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This exactly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This exactly
Sleep. Wake. Eat. Walk. Shop. Travel. Drive.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Creeps in the woods ???   Just remember Gary Hilton .   I believe he is locked up in FLA at this time .  Never to prowl the woods of North GA again.

gd
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The "National Forest Killer"
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
as we packed up to leave that AM, one of my friends asked why I always carry a pistol camping?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
No banjo music?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was a kid, a friend's mom dated Gary Hilton for a while. We went camping a lot in those days. You never know what people are prepared or capable of doing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/gary-michael-hilton-gets-life-sentences/WukmkShqrf2TooQZVsnUKK/
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#12]
one can't be too careful I guess.  Maybe the suppressed SBR will make the next camping trip.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
as we packed up to leave that AM, one of my friends asked why I always carry a pistol camping?
View Quote

Hell, I carry a J frame on my couch in my own living room. You are damned right I am armed in the woods...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top