Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2016 4:44:57 PM EDT
Going to be in ATL next week for the Microsoft Ignite conference.  This is my first time in GA and had a few questions.  Does the World Congress Center allow CCW?  What rules in the CCW laws in GA should I be aware of?  In Texas we have a sign that has to be displayed in English and Spanish at an entrance displaying the 30.06 law prohibiting conceal carry and 30.07 for open carry.  Any info anyone wants to share will be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a carry permit a sign here has no value . They can ask you to leave . The World Congress center is state property, There is a sticky above that details most of the rules here .
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Law enforcement / Govt. has working office's within the structure, making it a defecto " off limits area " per GA Code.

www.georgiacarry.org has a site with very valuable information, as well as an excellent FAQ section.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127 (a)

(3) "Government building" means:

(A) The building in which a government entity is housed;

(B) The building where a government entity meets in its official capacity; ...

(4) "Government entity" means an ... authority,... of the state.

The GWCC satisfies both A and B of the statute, and is therefore off limits.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
This is going to be interesting as hell at NRA 2017

Its at the GWCC, and they typically don't book at places where their members cannot carry.

Standing by to stand by.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reading Hb60 allowed carry on state property.  I just cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Line 146-220  

Link to bill
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was reading Hb60 allowed carry on state property.  I just cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Line 146-220
View Quote
It does, atleast from everything i can understand.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to Atlanta!

I will be attending Ignite too. Win10, deployment, and Surface are my areas of interest.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Line 146-220  

Link to bill
View Quote

I believe this covers it...

206 (e) (1) A license holder shall be authorized to carry a weapon in a government building
207 when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building
208 is not restricted or screened by security personnel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welcome to Atlanta!

I will be attending Ignite too. Win10, deployment, and Surface are my areas of interest.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
View Quote

Thanks Georgia is one of only a few states I have never been in.  So I get to check it off the list and get to get a bunch of MS swag.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

206 (e) (1) A license holder shall be authorized to carry a weapon in a government building
207 when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Line 146-220  

Link to bill

This as per a recent legal class I set in on about this stuff.  Screening can be metal detectors or something as simple as wanding people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks Georgia is one of only a few states I have never been in.  So I get to check it off the list and get to get a bunch of MS swag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to Atlanta!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

There will be lots of other vendors there too. Got a sweet Red Hat red hat last year.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There will be lots of other vendors there too. Got a sweet Red Hat red hat last year.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to Atlanta!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I'll be there as well.  I'm driving down tomorrow and I present on Thursday.  I'll be occasionally working in the expo hall.  Make sure you keep your eye open for party info.  There is usually a party somewhere every night. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top