Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 10:50:06 PM EDT
As the title says looking for a good place in or near Columbus to Cerokote my AR and also pin and weld a AAC blackout flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
FMJ in Lagrange. Bout Ur beat choice. And they are opening a new store in range this week also. I just them move shit n setup displays. They have a ass load of 22 and other ammo.

Disclaimer I have no affiliation in this store. I'm just friends with owners.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
FMJ can do the cerecote. I know they do a lot of it. Not just locals either.

Member Mad-Machinist can do the blind pin and weld.
See this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_35/605043_GA_Source_for_trashed_AR_barrels_.html

Of course, neither is in Columbus. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone been to All-American firearms? Mother look like they do some good work at least on their Facebook page.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind crossing the river, Josh Hammerstone / Defending America in Smiths Station is Cerakoting now. I've seen his work in person and it is great. He is also very responsive and easy to deal with.
Defending America has a facebook page or PM me for contact info.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don't mind the drive (about 2 hrs) I recommend GA Firing Line in Marietta.

GA Firing Line - Facebook

Their gunsmith, Andy, does great work if you need any machining or gunsmithing work along with their Cerakote, which is top notch.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone been to All-American firearms? Mother look like they do some good work at least on their Facebook page.
View Quote

I'm a little skeptical because their Cerakote prices are ridiculously cheep, and coincidentally the same price as their Duracoat.
Patrick has done one small bit of work for me (not refinishing,) and it was done poorly.

I had a Cerakote thread here about 3 ago. I was asking about Bullseye Blueing. I was told Mike does good work, but the wait is long.
Against the advice here, I gave them a try. It was reasonably priced. The work was good. I was originally quoted 2 weeks. The 3rd time I called, 13 weeks, he acted like he had misplaced my parts. Then he found them and got them done by the end of the week. If you find my old thread, he had had one members gun for 2 years.

The most recent gun I had Cerakote'd was by Devil's Den Gun Works. They're on the other side of the river, in Ft Mitchell. It was done in a week. My AR came out perfect. Price was about market price. He had two 3 color camo ARs that had baked at the same time as mine. They were perfect. The owner, Chris, is active duty. He is also very active in USPSA and 3gun. There is alot of his stuff on facebook.

When I say these were 2 done well, I also own a poorly prepped cerakote'd rifle. It was 1st gun I ever had done. I didn't realize how poorly it was done, until I had one done right. That place is no longer in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top