Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 3:28:05 PM EDT
Hope Y'all are enjoying your suppressed and FA weapons, yes I'm jelly   I have a few questions

What is the best internet provider?
What's the best car Insurance?
What's the best home insurance?
Whats are the best health insurance plans (Extorris helped me with one *thanks!*, but would like to see what other options you guys use) T
What is the best cellphone company?

I know I could find this information online but I would like to see from your pov what has worked for you.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Every question you asked is entirely dependent on where you live.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the same car insurance company I did when I lived in NY, my rate dropped 45% as soon as I moved here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the same car insurance company I did when I lived in NY, my rate dropped 45% as soon as I moved here.
View Quote

Extorris I have Geico and just paid $671 for 2 vehicles, 1 with full insurance, other just liability... You think it can get lower than that?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Every question you asked is entirely dependent on where you live.
View Quote

Norh of Suwanee that crosses to Forsyth, Also Cumming, GA

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
No best insurance of any kind.  I switch every 2-4 years as they all get stupid and increase rates eventually.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Canton and i have Comcast cable internet.  It's fast and it's rare it goes out.  It's kind of expensive since I don't bundle it with anything.. $60
Cellphone company i have ATT and it seems to have good coverage.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in Canton and i have Comcast cable internet.  It's fast and it's rare it goes out.  It's kind of expensive since I don't bundle it with anything.. $60
Cellphone company i have ATT and it seems to have good coverage.
View Quote

John,

If $60 is expensive, I think i'm gonna go crazy... by any chance, what is your internet speed?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cellphone company I have ATT and it seems to have good coverage.
View Quote

I have AT&T for cell phone also, no problems.
Internet through Charter.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The big 3 are all fairly reliable and priced about the same.  Chances are you will have a choice of two - Charter, Comcast, or ATT.  From what I've heard, Charter seems to be the best for speed/price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did too moving from CT . Where are you now OP?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
USAA for car and home insurance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
.....Sorry if any of you are agents for them but, IMHO, stay away from State Farm for insurance....My family were all with them for generations until about 3-4 years ago....They started getting stupid on home coverage (threatened to cancel one family members homeowners policy because their yard dog had damaged the ballister on the back porch stairs) and I know several people first hand who's auto insurance, that they'd had for 10-15 years with no claims, was cancelled after one claim....

....YMMV and all that, but that's MY opinion of them....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
.....Sorry if any of you are agents for them but, IMHO, stay away from State Farm for insurance....My family were all with them for generations until about 3-4 years ago....They started getting stupid on home coverage (threatened to cancel one family members homeowners policy because their yard dog had damaged the ballister on the back porch stairs) and I know several people first hand who's auto insurance, that they'd had for 10-15 years with no claims, was cancelled after one claim....

....YMMV and all that, but that's MY opinion of them....
View Quote

Funy you said that, I thought that since State Farm was headquarted in GA, their service and price will be better.. point taken.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5648380512.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cellphone company I have ATT and it seems to have good coverage.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5648380512.png

That's not bad Extorris, I just hanged up with Fios, I negotiated 100/100 which is usually 110/month for 59.99 for 2 years, hopefully, those are going to be my last 2 here
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Extorris I have Geico and just paid $671 for 2 vehicles, 1 with full insurance, other just liability... You think it can get lower than that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monthly or annually?

And not Extorris
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Monthly or annually?

And not Extorris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monthly or annually?

And not Extorris

6 months
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Call Georgia Farm Bureau and get a quote on home and auto.  They smoke everyone  for us.  You don't have to have a farm.  I have had a couple of fairly large claims with zero problems.  

Cricket for Cell phone.  They use ATT towers 45 month unlimited talk/text +3 gigs data.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

6 months
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monthly or annually?

And not Extorris

6 months

I pay $573 for the same with USAA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Call Georgia Farm Bureau and get a quote on home and auto.  They smoke everyone  for us.  You don't have to have a farm.  I have had a couple of fairly large claims with zero problems.  

Cricket for Cell phone.  They use ATT towers 45 month unlimited talk/text +3 gigs data.
View Quote

Would you say that you can depend on Cricket? I got kids and would want my phone to work when I need it the most...?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Would you say that you can depend on Cricket? I got kids and would want my phone to work when I need it the most...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been using them for several years, only 1 time did it not work....that was because ATTs whole system was hacked and down.  I travel a lot and it works great nation wide.  I honestly wish they would get rid of the stupid name because it makes it sound cheesy.  It is ATT without all of games with your bill that cost you big $$$
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#22]
For cell phones, I've had my family on Net10 for a few years.  Its the exact same phones, towers, and cell coverage as ATT but $45/month for unlimited talk, text, web.  And no contract.  If they piss you off, you can cancel that day and take your money elsewhere.

And for that guy ^^ who used Cricket because he didn't like ATT, I hate to break it to you, but Cricket is part of ATT.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Wireless .  ATT owns Cricket.
In the USA, there are only 4 different Cell networks - ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint.  Every other company is a MVNO and basically rents the towers from these big names and sells it to you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I understand cricket is owned by att.  It is not managed like att in which your bill "mistakenly" goes up every few months because somebody monkeyed with your account...of course always in Atts favor.  You will notice in my first post, I stated they use Atts towers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
We have have State Farm for cars and either renter's or homeowner's insurance since 2006.  In that time we have filed the following claims:

-Comprehensive, mystery person hit my wife's car in the parking lot at work.  About $3,000 worth of body work.
-Comprehensive, deer ran into the side of my wife's car on the way home from church one night.  Totaled the vehicle.
-Claim under another driver's State Farm insurance when my truck was rear-ended.  Not totaled.  Something on the order of $4,500 check was cut to us.
-Claim under another driver's State Farm insurance when my wife's van was rear-ended.  Still ongoing, but the van was totaled, and the wife is still receiving physical therapy.

In all of these cases, State Farm has been awesome.  They don't hesitate to pay out.  They use clean retail values, not low-ball blue book values.  When my truck was hit, they wanted to total it because it was right on the 75% of value line, but my body shop was easily able to talk them into cutting me a check.  When my wife was rear-ended, State Farm had zero hesitation handling the rental car, paying for the car seat, covering my lost wages, and even paying for what a kennel would have cost for the time that my mother in law had to keep our dogs in Tennessee because the rental agreement wouldn't allow my wife to bring them home.  

In all of this, there has been mention of rates increasing or our policy being dropped.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#25]
In alpharetta GA  the answers are as follows

What is the best internet provider?   comcast / Xfinity
What's the best car Insurance?  Geico
What's the best home insurance?  Geico
Whats are the best health insurance plans  Who knows for 2017  several have left GA
What is the best cellphone company?  Best coverage in verizon  best price and very good coverage is   straight talk
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hope Y'all are enjoying your suppressed and FA weapons, yes I'm jelly   I have a few questions

What is the best internet provider?
What's the best car Insurance?
What's the best home insurance?
Whats are the best health insurance plans (Extorris helped me with one *thanks!*, but would like to see what other options you guys use) T
What is the best cellphone company?

I know I could find this information online but I would like to see from your pov what has worked for you.

Thank you!
View Quote

I have moved 3 times in the past 8 years, all have required me to switch ISP because each area has a locked in company. West GA I had Bellsouth/ATT, in ATL I had Comcast (hated them), and now in south GA I have Charter (not bad).

I use Geico for my 2013 Passat and 08 F150. Full coverage for both with low deductible and I pay $212 a month I price it out every two years or so and no once has beat geico yet.

Home Insurance is through Geico but is an Assurant Policy. I have no complaints except they only cover $1k in firearms and so I needed an additional policy for those. Still looking for a decent company for that.

I have United HealthCare and Delta Dental.  I work for a massive company that spans 10K employees though... so I have no idea if that is a normal insurance company in GA. I had BCBS before then and it was ok.

Cell phones are iffy. I have T-Mobile, and I have had ZERO issues with it. Cheap, unlimited data/text/minutes, new phone whenever I want to buy one. I have no complaints. However I stay inside of Metro ATL, New York city, Chicago, Houston, and Dallas Fort Worth, and occasional trips to Europe. My phone has worked in all major cities and countries. My parents on the other hand switched from TMO to Verizon because where they live (NW GA) they do not get very good signal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top