Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the Dads in my son's Scout Troop works for Valero on the wholesale sales side. He said that Colonial is in the process of building a 20 mile pipeline around the break. He was guessing it might be 30 days to get it in place. Supposedly they have all the right of way and EPA approvals completed. Pipe is supposedly delivered. Seems like an unbelievable undertaking to get done in that period of time. I thought that they'd do a one or two mile loop or something.

He also said that the Plantation pipeline that runs a similar path is mixing things up to deliver more gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One of the Dads in my son's Scout Troop works for Valero on the wholesale sales side. He said that Colonial is in the process of building a 20 mile pipeline around the break. He was guessing it might be 30 days to get it in place. Supposedly they have all the right of way and EPA approvals completed. Pipe is supposedly delivered. Seems like an unbelievable undertaking to get done in that period of time. I thought that they'd do a one or two mile loop or something.

He also said that the Plantation pipeline that runs a similar path is mixing things up to deliver more gasoline.
View Quote
News mentioned a several hundred foot bypass. I think they said 700. Would be completed by this weekend. Pipe welders on a 12 hour shift can lay some bead. Shouldnt take long.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
News mentioned a several hundred foot bypass. I think they said 700. Would be completed by this weekend. Pipe welders on a 12 hour shift can lay some bead. Shouldnt take long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am hoping he was wrong. 20 miles didn't make any damn sense.

ETA: they don't have much info about the bypass on their news update page. https://helena.colonialresponse.com/category/news-updates/
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I drove from 120/101 to villa rica, down I-20 to 75/85, up to 400/285 and back. I checked every station I saw, none were out of all fuel. A couple posted out or regular. North Druid hills area stations all had gas. I thing the outage is spotty at best.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
All the stations in Covington on 278 were dry tonight.  The Golden Pantry in Watkinsville is out too.  I am going to check BP in the AM.  I have 3/4 tank but would love to top off.  I have 1 more 76 mile commute round trip tomorrow ans want enough gas for to get back and forth from the Fall shoot in Madison this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All the stations in Covington on 278 were dry tonight.  The Golden Pantry in Watkinsville is out too.  I am going to check BP in the AM.  I have 3/4 tank but would love to top off.  I have 1 more 76 mile commute round trip tomorrow ans want enough gas for to get back and forth from the Fall shoot in Madison this weekend.
View Quote

Think we are gonna head east then try up 129. Basically.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No, just dumping fuel into a jerry can will not get reliable 3+ year storage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3+ years stored in a NATO jerry can with a quality rubber gasket seal.  When I opened it to dump in my tacoma I got the nice "pssssh" venting sound and the fuel ran like new.

No stablizers needed if the storage is completely air tight and not vented at all during storage.

No, just dumping fuel into a jerry can will not get reliable 3+ year storage.

nevermind too late... my experience is similar to DJ
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The stations in Madison looked pretty good tonight. Didn't see any bags on the pumps as I drove by. Anecdotally, traffic past the shop seemed much less than on a normal Monday. I stayed late to do some paperwork, and when I headed home around 11:00 tonight the streets were deserted!!!

Hopefully most folks have filled their tanks, and all their 5 gallon buckets, and things will mellow as they eliminate unnecessary trips, and sip through those full tanks, then refill out of their multiple buckets, while the supply begins to stabilize. I've got high hopes for plenty of petrol for the Fall Shoot this weekend!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have any info about south GA along I-75 (Valdosta)?  I am taking the kids to that dreaded mouse place this weekend.  Don't want to have any issues on my road trip.  If I can get a full tank before I leave I should be able to get into Florida.

East Cobb/Roswell has been hit or miss.  Last night and this morning I saw several stations with gas.  Hopefully it is just spotty outages until the bypass is complete.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
No shortages in Valdosta.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Douglasville/Villa Rica/ Carrollton area is hit or miss. Racetrac stations seem to be consistent but may only have one grade, one Kroger in D'ville was dry last night, Exxon on Hwy. 5 was business as usual. At this point I think the shortages must be more dependent on the distributors in the area being able to make the rounds.

There is a wide range of prices on gas as well, yesterday I noticed 2 stations within sight of each other with a 50 cent difference per gallon of regular.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#14]
The QT on Barrett Parkway at I-575 had cars lined up last night, no idea if it still has fuel today.  Several gas stations on Canton Rd were out last night, but it looked like there may have been cars filling up at the RaceTrac this morning.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I've heard several times from both the news and from sources at work.

Both gas stations on my exit have had gas ever meeting at 05:30 when I've stopped. Never any  line at that time either. $2.19/gallon

I'm pulling the pop-up to Gatlinburg this weekend. They are also having shortages. I know I can make it there obj one tank. Getting back is another question..... Maybe I'll have to extend my vacation!

I normally bring a 5 gallon can I trips. Driving a 37 year old vehicle you learn not to trust the fuel gauge. I think I might add another 5 gallon just to be safe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

Have fun with Mickey.  I hope you left your door unlocked :)
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Paid $2.49 for 87 in Cherokee County ... Haven't seen any station out of fuel
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Stations around dunwoody have gas. My Vernon rd area.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Some are out here in Newnan, my local station was out of premium yesterday
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like it'll all be oversoon!

http://fox5atlanta.com/news/206543609-story
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I drove from 120/101 to villa rica, down I-20 to 75/85, up to 400/285 and back. I checked every station I saw, none were out of all fuel. A couple posted out or regular. North Druid hills area stations all had gas. I thing the outage is spotty at best.
View Quote

Your wrong, panic, head for the BOLs, riots in the street!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do people have a bug out location? I ain't moving all my shit anywhere. Unless I get divorced again. Then I won't have any shit to move n
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I've never considered BOL to be for the end of the world.... I mean that's what I tell the wife and how I convinced her to buy, but let's be honest. It's used only for weekend get a ways....

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never considered BOL to be for the end of the world.... I mean that's what I tell the wife and how I convinced her to buy, but let's be honest. It's used only for weekend get a ways....

View Quote

Most of my purchases are justified by the zombie apocalypse
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like it'll all be oversoon!

http://fox5atlanta.com/news/206543609-story
View Quote

That's good news for the Fall Shoot!

But even better news, is that UGA is away that Saturday!!! Traffic around Madison when UGA is having a home game is significantly higher. It seems to be a favorite food and fuel stop for the majority of the folks passing thru, headed to the game.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Just drove on a chunk of US41/Cobb Parkway between the Canton Rd Connector and just north of Chastain, not sure about the BP at Bells Ferry, but the Exxon at that intersection, both Shell stations, and the Citgo I saw all had gas.  Citgo had a truck unloading just a few minutes ago.  Cheapest price was the Shell north of Chastain at $2.49, the others were all at $2.59.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Construction, fabrication and positioning of the bypass segment around the leak site is complete. Colonial is in the process of executing a hydrostatic test of the segment, which is approximately 500 feet in length, to ensure its structural integrity.

Upon successful completion of the hydrostatic test, Colonial Pipeline will begin the process of tying the bypass segment into the main line (Line 1) and preparing for a safe restart of that line. Based on operational progress made to date and the anticipated schedule of work ahead, Colonial Pipeline now projects a Line 1 restart of tomorrow, Wednesday, September 21.

When Line 1 restarts, it will take several days for the fuel delivery supply chain to return to normal.  As such, some markets served by Colonial Pipeline may experience, or continue to experience, intermittent service interruptions.  Colonial continues to move as much gasoline, diesel and jet fuel as possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal.
View Quote

https://helena.colonialresponse.com/helena-alabama-incident-update-september-20-1015-a-m-cdt-update-19/
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Many stations out in Macon or limited to one octane.  Gray seems fine so far.  I'm still stocked up from the badselfeater garbage so I'm good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

How are prices in that area?

Price jumped a quarter or so in Waycross over the first couple days here, but have been holding steady between $2.159 and $2.199 since. No outages yet that I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troubles may come, they may go. Life is a crapshoot, nothing is for certain . . .

. . except zombies. The zombies ARE coming! It's not a matter of if, only a matter of when.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Much of NE GA is out, the Commerce area is largely dry.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Price jumped a quarter or so in Waycross over the first couple days here, but have been holding steady between $2.159 and $2.199 since. No outages yet that I've seen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$2.39-$2.59.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Madison at I-20 had Raceway (the old Racetrack) out, but the other 5 seemed to all have gas. Prices were in the $2.30ish range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#34]
All gas stations along Jimmy Carter Blvd from Norcross to Holcomb Bridge Rd. in Roswell all had gas, one type or another or both.  Price anywhere from $2.39 to 2.99 (BP).  No lines either, usual traffic flow at 8PM.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#35]
8 days since last post, I hope this means the shortage is gone. Anyone know about fuel availability up around the Blue Ridge area? We're heading up for a little change of seasons.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

8 days since last post, I hope this means the shortage is gone. Anyone know about fuel availability up around the Blue Ridge area? We're heading up for a little change of seasons.
View Quote

Once the initial panic was over, most areas started seeing gas again, I doubt there are any issues at this point, especially since the pipeline was restarted a week ago.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Once the initial panic was over, most areas started seeing gas again, I doubt there are any issues at this point, especially since the pipeline was restarted a week ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Plenty of gas, but price hasn't gone back down. ~$2.39/gal in my area.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top