Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2016 9:25:24 AM EDT
...Ok, as anyone who'd been to one of these knows, these gatherings are a great opportunity to try out things you've never had an opportunity to hold, let alone try....We are fortunate that we have so many people that not only love to show their toys, they don't mind letting others play with them too.....

...In that spirit, if you have something that you think others would be interested in, and plan to bring it, please post it here along with the ammo requirements (if you will provide for $ or factory only if shooter provides, etc.)....

...If you are thinking about buying something but would like to try one first, post what it is here....If some other HTF member has one, and is willing to bring it to let you try, they can answer you here....If need be, you can also discuss any details in private IM....

..I think it's important that we keep the thread to 'Hey, I've got ______ I'm bringing to the shoot if anyone's interested in trying it out.' or 'I would really like to try out a __________ if anyone wouldn't mind.'.....This isn't EE afterall, so even if you are thinking of possibly selling something, this isn't the thread for any details....although I don't think it would hurt if you mentioned you are thinking about letting something go.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
...And I'll start...I've been trying to talk Meme out of her Star .380 as a EDC....Nothing wrong with it mechanically, it's just harder to conceal...I've wanted her to try a Ruger LCP 380 and LC9 to see if she would like one, but haven't had a chance...

...So, if any of you good people have one or the other, I would appreciate a chance for her to try it....Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...And I'll start...I've been trying to talk Meme out of her Star .380 as a EDC....Nothing wrong with it mechanically, it's just harder to conceal...I've wanted her to try a Ruger LCP 380 and LC9 to see if she would like one, but haven't had a chance...

...So, if any of you good people have one or the other, I would appreciate a chance for her to try it....Thanks...
View Quote

I've got an LCP Custom and an LC9s Pro she can try out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
She can try my Shield 9mm and my wife has a LC9s she can try
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you fellas.....I keep telling her she needs something else but she won't listen...
..Of course, she can outshoot me on my best day with me shooting my EDC and her with her Star......I know she loves that lil' pistol but I can't even find an extra mag for the thing...at least not one for less than $60 or so, when I can find them that is....

....I'm hoping I can talk her into at least trying something else if all it costs is ammo.....I'sa got ammo....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Paging tok762 and Yourcoworker. . .
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
'Sup Southerncross?

I'm planning to make the shoot, but not sure what I'll bring.  Too heavy for the first shoot, too light for Red Goat's event.

Any requests?

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Can someone please bring a mini gun!  

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
'Sup Southerncross?

I'm planning to make the shoot, but not sure what I'll bring.  Too heavy for the first shoot, too light for Red Goat's event.

Any requests?

View Quote

.....Whatever you decide to bring, know this Tok...there will be a reserved space for you right behind the firing line.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#9]
That's good, us Olde Guyys need help with toting ammo and stuff.  i can feel my bones creak now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If I come, I'd like to try a scorpion EVO (pistol or SBR), and/or Kriss Vector
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I am thinking of bringing the following:
Ruger LC9S

S&W Shield 9mm Perf. Center Ported

Century Arms Golani (Galil) 5.56

Tavor with Timney trigger

Suppressed 308 bolt rifle

AR Pistol 7.5" 5.56 arm brace

S&W M&P 15-.22LR Integrally suppressed

Glock 17 with extended stock and arm brace, ext mags and drums

Cobray M11 9mm (for sale, too)

Others under consideration...

Considering the Savage 110BA .338 Lapua, but is an issue at 200 yards and $5 per round??  Would be willing to bring is there was a desire to shoot it, at paper assumedly.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan on bringing my Evo, so you can try that one out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
A few of the more fun things that I can bring...

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each
beer can and golf ball launcher use blanks, full 12 oz cans or golf balls.  (not sure if Emu wants golf balls all over the property though)
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each
beer can and golf ball launcher use blanks, full 12 oz cans or golf balls.  (not sure if Emu wants golf balls all over the property though)
View Quote

I don't see a problem with golf balls, heck the dogs will prolly pick 'em all up and bring them back to the house!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]
10-22 and a .38

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each
View Quote

SG-43?

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
i'm bring my SCAR16 10cqc and SCAR17 w/ Dead Air Sandman L. FNX Tactical 45 w/ Griffin Armament Revolution. BCM 12" SBR

you guys are welcome to shoot em up
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I have nothing special. I'll bring my AXTS MI-T 556 with the SilencerCo Omega. My home build DMR ish build.  I have ak's and AR's of all flavors and a nice Benelli M-3.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SG-43?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each

SG-43?

Maybe... I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no.  As of now, I am only off work for 12 hours that day.  Work - home - Emu's range - home - work in 12 hours may not leave me with much time or desire to mess with anything using a belt or a mount.   Also, the belt feds may be EE threads before too long.  The 43 is back from a factory overhaul and if I have to part with it, I'd just assume have in it top notch shape for the next person.   Waiting to see how broke I will be.    

Hopefully I can get rid of my call that weekend and have some more fun time at the AER.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each
View Quote

.....I know a few people interested in the 50.....Not naming names or anything like that but I've got a few family members who were green with envy when Meme told them aaalllllllll about her experience with your 'big one'......
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

.....I know a few people interested in the 50.....Not naming names or anything like that but I've got a few family members who were green with envy when Meme told them aaalllllllll about her experience with your 'big one'......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each

Lol!

I can bring it again.  I may even bring out the bigger one
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

50bmg (AR-50)
338 Lapua (BA-110)
beer can launcher
golf ball launcher
M-1 Garand

50bmg ammo is $3-5 each
338 ammo is $4-5 each

Lol!

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Paging tok762 and Yourcoworker. . .
View Quote

Checking in. Still trying to confirm that I am available, and if so, I'll bring a thing or two that I have not shared yet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Do we have wood frames for paper targets?  I have plenty of targets and staples.

Would be required for my 338LM, as 200 is too close to shoot steel...
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I plan to bring some frames and cardboard.  If for nothing else , to sight in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I plan to bring some frames and cardboard.  If for nothing else , to sight in.
View Quote
Yeah, sighting in. Great idea. I will have paper targets, too.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]
If anybody has a 2011 that they wouldn't mind bringing I would appreciate it.  I have been kicking around the idea of getting one for shooting USPSA but I haven't had much of an opportunity to put many rounds through one before spending a bunch on one.

I can bring some factory ammo to put through it or some cash for some handloads if that would be ok.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thank you fellas.....I keep telling her she needs something else but she won't listen...
..Of course, she can outshoot me on my best day with me shooting my EDC and her with her Star......I know she loves that lil' pistol but I can't even find an extra mag for the thing...at least not one for less than $60 or so, when I can find them that is....

....I'm hoping I can talk her into at least trying something else if all it costs is ammo.....I'sa got ammo....
View Quote

Got a Bersa 83 and a Firestar .380 both copies of the Bersa Thunder I can bring.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Got a Bersa 83 and a Firestar .380 both copies of the Bersa Thunder I can bring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought a zip loc baggie of .380 hand loads from a guy selling out of his trunk at a gun show. If I bring them can I run them thru your pistols?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bought a zip loc baggie of .380 hand loads from a guy selling out of his trunk at a gun show. If I bring them can I run them thru your pistols?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, I run Freedom Munitions through them and they work alright.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....Thanks....I'll be sure to bring some .380 ammo with us....She'll be slaving over the grill till lunch, but I hope to get her to the range in the afternoon to take advantage of y'alls kindness.....Christmas is coming, so.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

.....Thanks....I'll be sure to bring some .380 ammo with us....She'll be slaving over the grill till lunch, but I hope to get her to the range in the afternoon to take advantage of y'alls kindness.....Christmas is coming, so.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so much copies as the originals.  But same same.    I started digging in the ammo fort and .380 was the first to come out, well. after the PC.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some stuff came up, so I won't be there after all. Thanks for the offer though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone have a spare ACOG mount lying around I could see for a minute?  I have a Cabela's prism scope and I'd like to find out if the mount holes are in the same location as an ACOG.  I bought an ACOG spacer and it doesn't work with the Cabela's scope so not sure if A) the mount is bad or B) the holes aren't universal and need to go another route...probably the latter.  I think the Cabela's scope is made by Burris but it looks a lot like the Primary Arms scope (maybe previous generation) too.

Thanks!

Random internet picture with a bunch of extra stuff on the scope:

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Got, will bring (ACOG mount)
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Wasn't any interest in the thermal gear, and there is no night shooting on the schedule anyway, so unless some one wants to look thru the IR Defense MKII thermal scope on my .308 AR - I am not bringing it. I am bringing only the suppressed stuff: 300 blackout, Sig 9mm, Ruger 22/45. Oh yeah also a new shotgun I am picking up on the way. I'll be there tomorrow around 1-2PM.

I also have a spare ARMS ACOG mount I will bring. FDE. For sale cheap.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wasn't any interest in the thermal gear, and there is no night shooting on the schedule anyway, so unless some one wants to look thru the IR Defense MKII thermal scope on my .308 AR - I am not bringing it. I am bringing only the suppressed stuff: 300 blackout, Sig 9mm, Ruger 22/45. Oh yeah also a new shotgun I am picking up on the way. I'll be there tomorrow around 1-2PM.

I also have a spare ARMS ACOG mount I will bring. FDE. For sale cheap.
View Quote

I plan on bringing night vision and will be at least trying it out on the range after dark.  Not planning a full on night shoot, but not saying there won't be a few suppressed rounds heading down range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't have a problem with any extra-curriculars after dark, if anyone wants to exercise their gear.

ETA: it might be fun to watch some tracers fly down range.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with any extra-curriculars after dark, if anyone wants to exercise their gear.

View Quote

It may be a little dry for tracers. Don't feel like fighting fires, lol.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point!!! I guess we oughta scratch the tracers.

Obviously there was something good about last year. No worries about brush fires then!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got, will bring (ACOG mount)
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#42]
!!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!

They are currently doing road work on Hwy 441 south of I-20. I was stuck in traffic for well over 15 minutes before I bailed this morning and went another way. If you are coming to the shoot, out I-20, and plan to get off at exit #114, it would be best to turn right onto Pierce Dairy Rd. which is the road right next to the TA Truckstop, immediately south of I-20 on the right hand side of 441 as you head south. Follow it til it ends then turn right, and go about a mile to the range. I don't know if they'll be working tomorrow, or how late they'll be working tonight, but the Pierce Dairy drive is MUCH nicer anyway. Except for: if you are coming after dark, WATCH OUT FOR DEER!!!

ETA: Pierce Dairy is the paved road that runs beside the TA on the south side of the truckstop. You do not want the dirt road that borders the TA on the north side.

This has been a public service announcement for all those attending the Fall Shoot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Just lost all brakes on the motor home. Looks like I ain't gonna make it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top