Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 1:34:32 PM EDT
...Just a quick note for anyone that's never been to one of these HTF shoots.....These things run on a donation only basis rather than a 'pay at the door' sort of thing....There is an accounting of monies spent and anything left over is forwarded toward the next shoot, so it all stays within the HTF Shoot system so these things can keep going....

...So far, a few have already donated kindly to the cause through Paypal ( [email protected] ) and for that I thank you...For those that don't like Paypal there will be a donation jar at the shoot as well...(I'm sure Emu will also have a Range Improvement Donation jar there as well for anyone who wants to help in that regard)...

.....There really isn't a dollar amount per person, just whatever you can do to help is appreciated to go towards food, drinks, plates, and the other things that go into something like this......Either way, regardless of how much or how little you can help, you are welcome and you won't go hungry or thirsty for Saturday's lunch.....

Total expected to eat Saturday: (to be updated soon)

...As for the menu....

Menu for Lunch Saturday
(Please post any food items you can bring to help and I will include them on the list below)
-Hamburgers
-Hotdogs
-Chips
-Baked beans
- Potato Salad (votefromrooftops)

-Softdrinks
-Water
-Sport drink (Gatorade/Powerade/etc.)

...And for those camping Saturday night, Cpl0313 has kindly offered to work his magic on some BBQ if those who plan to belly up will help cover the cost....I'm sure he would like to know if you are in for that so add that here as well....
...I know me and Meme are in so Cpl, that's two (ok, three...I love me some good BBQ )

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I plan on hitting the Walmart in Madison that Friday and grabbing some of everything on your shopping list for Saturday lunch.  I also have a 2 pack of butts in the freezer for BBQ donation.

Also bringing venison summer sausage to share.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there Friday thru Sunday per the usual. I'll bring whatever you tell me to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I plan on hitting the Walmart in Madison that Friday and grabbing some of everything on your shopping list for Saturday lunch.  I also have a 2 pack of butts in the freezer for BBQ donation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...Thanks...The butts may be something cpl0313 might be interested in discussing....He's offered for Saturday night to work some BBQ magic....I'll let him speak on that...

...As for the the rest of the items already on the list (hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, chips) Meme and I are bringing those...Now if someone wants to go the buns, that would be one less thing for us to pack.....

...I'll add a note in the OP, but as we get closer I will update the OP with the expected number of people to make it easier to tell how much of what needs to be there....

Quoted:
I'll be there Friday thru Sunday per the usual. I'll bring whatever you tell me to.

...Thanks...As we get closer we'll see if there are any holes to fill....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Butts sound good. Easy and I can shoot while they cook.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Butts sound good. Easy and I can shoot while they cook.
View Quote
Ok. As of right now we have Boston butts and small brisket. I think Vote is bringing potato salad. Anybody else?  

We need

Plates. Crkrdice

Set ups

Cups.  Crkrdice

More sides

Anyone wanna pitch in?  I don't require any money on my end. Y'all are supplying the food, I'm just manning the smoker.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Put me down for plates and cups if they're still needed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
As of now, yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
BoltLube.com just made a contribution.  Have a burger on us!

Use it toward the shoot or the range or however it best serves GAHTF.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Will bring a small brisket for CPL.

Can pick other items if needed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Bringing some corn. In a mason jar.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....Are you planning to cover lunch and cpl's magic smoked butts dinner, or just the Saturday night eats?.....Lunch looks to be 60-65 and I would guess Saturday night's pig pig-out to be 15-20......Just let me know so Meme knows whether to get some too when she goes shopping....
....Either way, thanks....
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BoltLube.com just made a contribution.  Have a burger on us!

Use it toward the shoot or the range or however it best serves GAHTF.

View Quote

......WOW......Many, many thanks for the generosity....... Rest assured it won't be wasted or lost in the shuffle.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bringing some corn. In a mason jar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
the Augusta folks coming with me will have cash in hand, i've told everyone that 20 bucks plus for every person. Jodi is making a large potato salad that most folks love
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I can bring chips unless something else is needed
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Saturday night will be;
Brisket supplied by Eagle

Boston butt supplied by Roland

Tater salad supplied by Vote

We need bread or buns and more sides.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saturday night will be;Brisket supplied by Eagle

View Quote

Give me a list in a PM and I'll bring whatever you need.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

.....Are you planning to cover lunch and cpl's magic smoked butts dinner, or just the Saturday night eats?.....Lunch looks to be 60-65 and I would guess Saturday night's pig pig-out to be 15-20......Just let me know so Meme knows whether to get some too when she goes shopping....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saw this, I can cover both. I have to hit up Sam's to see if I can find the pelican knock off during lunch tomorrow so I'll snag some when I'm there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

...As for sides, there will probably be baked beans from lunch.....Meme tends to cook for companies when platoon strength is expected.....so we'll more than likely have enough for a battalion....

....As far as buns, I think Roland is planning on getting enough for lunch and Saturday night barbeque too....unless I misunderstood....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just saw this, I can cover both. I have to hit up Sam's to see if I can find the pelican knock off during lunch tomorrow so I'll snag some when I'm there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Thanks again....As far as cups, the lunch refreshments will be mostly cans and plastic bottles (as planned right now) but there is a chance someone could bring some 2 liters....and I'm sure some cups would be used around the fire pit later....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#21]
....Anyone interested in picking up plastic forks/spoons/knives for around 75-100?  Just trying to fine tune Meme's shopping list...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

...As for sides, there will probably be baked beans from lunch.....Meme tends to cook for companies when platoon strength is expected.....so we'll more than likely have enough for a battalion....

....As far as buns, I think Roland is planning on getting enough for lunch and Saturday night barbeque too....unless I misunderstood....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will get a shitload of buns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
....Anyone interested in picking up plastic forks/spoons/knives for around 75-100?  Just trying to fine tune Meme's shopping list...
View Quote

Got it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I will get a shitload of buns.
View Quote

....Just like Miley Cyrus....that twerks.....

Quoted:
Got it.
View Quote

.....Thank you Sir....
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll bring a few gallons of water, some cold brew iced tea bags, sugar and pitchers. It's gonna be hot!

Must.... stay..... hydrated!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, here's my food haul:

10 doz hamburger buns and 6 dozen hotdog buns for saturday lunch

3 boston butts for saturday dinner

friday nights are typically bring your own, but I am bringing 5 pounds each of crawfish and shrimp to do a low country boil.  anyone who's there is more than welcome to partake .

also bringing some venison summer sausage to share as well.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok, here's my food haul:

friday nights are typically bring your own, but I am bringing 5 pounds each of crawfish and shrimp to do a low country boil.  anyone who's there is more than welcome to partake .

View Quote

Hell yeah. You good on cooking gear?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, here's my food haul:

good to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
good to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's my food haul:

good to go.

I've the smoker and all my gear loaded. If anyone has a bag of charcoal they could bring it'd be greatly appreciated.  I've tables, pans, warming trays, and all the other shit required for Saturday night. As long as y'all bring butts and brisket we are gonna be golden. I have sauce for the pulled pork. If y'all want Bbq sauce bring it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've the smoker and all my gear loaded. If anyone has a bag of charcoal they could bring it'd be greatly appreciated.  I've tables, pans, warming trays, and all the other shit required for Saturday night. As long as y'all bring butts and brisket we are gonna be golden. I have sauce for the pulled pork. If y'all want Bbq sauce bring it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, here's my food haul:

good to go.

you good on a dry rub for the butts or you want me to bring some?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's my food haul:

good to go.

I generally don't rub butts. The surface area to internal area doesn't gee haw. If you want some bring it and I'll use it. I have a jug of what I call "slop sauce" to mix wit it once pulled.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Ill bring a bag of charcoal
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Ill bring a bag of charcoal
View Quote
Might not be needed but just in case. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#34]
!!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!

They are currently doing road work on Hwy 441 south of I-20. I was stuck in traffic for well over 15 minutes before I bailed this morning and went another way. If you are coming to the shoot, out I-20, and plan to get off at exit #114, it would be best to turn right onto Pierce Dairy Rd. which is the road right next to the TA Truckstop, immediately south of I-20 on the right hand side of 441 as you head south. Follow it til it ends then turn right, and go about a mile to the range. I don't know if they'll be working tomorrow, or how late they'll be working tonight, but the Pierce Dairy drive is MUCH nicer anyway. Except for: if you are coming after dark, WATCH OUT FOR DEER!!!

ETA: Pierce Dairy is the paved road that runs beside the TA on the south side of the truckstop. You do not want the dirt road that borders the TA on the north side.

This has been a public service announcement for all those attending the Fall Shoot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#35]
What's left to bring?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
!!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!

They are currently doing road work on Hwy 441 south of I-20. I was stuck in traffic for well over 15 minutes before I bailed this morning and went another way. If you are coming to the shoot, out I-20, and plan to get off at exit #114, it would be best to turn right onto Pierce Dairy Rd. which is the road right next to the TA Truckstop, immediately south of I-20 on the right hand side of 441 as you head south. Follow it til it ends then turn right, and go about a mile to the range. I don't know if they'll be working tomorrow, or how late they'll be working tonight, but the Pierce Dairy drive is MUCH nicer anyway. Except for: if you are coming after dark, WATCH OUT FOR DEER!!!

This has been a public service announcement for all those attending the Fall Shoot.
View Quote

Now you tell us. Found out the hard way
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Just lost all brakes on the motor home. Looks like I ain't gonna make it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Please post that all are safe, and it was just a huge, costly, inconvenience...

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, everyone's safe except my wallet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Big thanks to all that were involved and showed up to make this another sucessful event. Thanks to our host Emu. Our organizers Draconis and Meme. Our RSOs Ramblinwreck and Slashsplat. And all the others that gave time and effort. Everyone I could see had a great time.  Everyone was safe. Nobody went away hungry or unhappy. See y'all at the next one!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Big thanks to all that were involved and showed up to make this another sucessful event. Thanks to our host Emu. Our organizers Draconis and Meme. Our RSOs Ramblinwreck and Slashsplat. And all the others that gave time and effort. Everyone I could see had a great time.  Everyone was safe. Nobody went away hungry or unhappy. See y'all at the next one!
View Quote

This right here.  Thanks for all the work you did with the butts, and tending the pit for the brisket.  Hope there was enough left over for breakfast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top