Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 3:31:37 PM EDT
Just moved from Montana, trying to find some good outdoor places to shoot near the Cartersville area.  So far all I've found is Adairsville Sporting Range, and Creekside.  I was really hoping for a place to go shoot out on public land or something. It's starting to seem like that doesn't really happen out this way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not like it is out west here. There is a WMA range up past Calhoun in Sugar Valley but that is about it.

I'm not too sure of the rules of just shooting on state land, someone else will have to chime in.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of 13ish acres in Fairmount not far north of you for sale that you can shoot on if you buy it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Currrently still in the process of buying a house, but land is in the near future. How much are we talking for that land? Also forgot to ask, is there a 3 gun group around here?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...Also forgot to ask, is there a 3 gun group around here?
View Quote

Atlanta 3 Gun is the place to be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
North on I-75 to Resaca for the John's Mountain WMA firing range, need a Georgia Outdoor Recreation Pass for it, I believe.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Just go to downtown Atlanta . They shoot down there ALL the time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to make a road trip the CMP in Alabama has a 600 yard range
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on out to the Fall Shoot 9/23-9/25 (shooting on the 24th) to check out the Angry Emu Range near Madison. It'll be a bit of a trip for you, I'm thinking less than 2 hours, but you'd be welcome to shoot over here any time you liked. This is a private range built by, and for, the GA HTF. Rifle backstops at 100-150-200 yards and we have a pistol berm too. There are steel targets at all shooting locations. Longer ranges out to 500 yards are in the plans, eventually, as funds and labor become available. We have about 20-25 regular attendees, but even so, most days, you'd likely have the place to yourself.

Hope to see you at the Fall Shoot, even if the Angry Emu is a bit too far away to become your regular home range.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies. The Angry Emu Range looks very cool, wish it was closer. Still, I'd like to make it out there and check it out when time permits, thank you for the invite!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. The Angry Emu Range looks very cool, wish it was closer. Still, I'd like to make it out there and check it out when time permits, thank you for the invite!
View Quote

IM me for directions, or, about two weeks before the Fall Shoot or any other event at the range, we will change the google map on our web site AngryEmuRange.com to show the exact location of the range. Because it is a private range, use by invitation only, and all GA HTF members are cordially invited, we don't like to make the location available to just anyone who stumbles across that public web site. After the event is over we will make the map be generic again.

We still need lots more good photos of the range to post on the web site. Hopefully we'll get some more after the Fall Shoot! (Hint, hint, to all you photo bugs that will be attending the Fall Shoot....!!!!! )
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Isn't Creekside near Cartersville? I haven't seen anybody suggesting that place.  Has it fallen out of favors with this hometown crowd?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
North on I-75 to Resaca for the John's Mountain WMA firing range, need a Georgia Outdoor Recreation Pass for it, I believe.  
View Quote

Negative on the pass.  Just need to pay the $5 parking fee.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Isn't Creekside near Cartersville? I haven't seen anybody suggesting that place.  Has it fallen out of favors with this hometown crowd?
View Quote

He mentioned Creekside in the original post, and also that he was looking for public ranges.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top