Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2016 10:57:37 PM EDT
Just a quick question for you. I'm going to be there on the 26th for the Ranger School graduation. I'll be driving down there, staying for the graduation and then leaving post after. What's the policy on bringing a firearm onto post?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Unloaded, ammo stored separately, registered with mp station if staying in post. Now their is a hotel in same parking lot as the museum. Outside the gate. Maybe half mile away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just a quick question for you. I'm going to be there on the 26th for the Ranger School graduation. I'll be driving down there, staying for the graduation and then leaving post after. What's the policy on bringing a firearm onto post?
View Quote

http://www.benning.army.mil/content/pdf/Concealed%20Weapons%20and%20Open%20Firearms%20Carry%20Guide.pdf

I'm just a dumb MP somewhere else but my interpretation: If you aren't staying on post overnight, and have a legitimate purpose (after graduation) you can have it in your car (I am not a JAG-O or an MP [at Benning]).
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.benning.army.mil/content/pdf/Concealed%20Weapons%20and%20Open%20Firearms%20Carry%20Guide.pdf

I'm just a dumb MP somewhere else but my interpretation: If you aren't staying on post overnight, and have a legitimate purpose (after graduation) you can have it in your car unloaded ammo seperate blah blah (I am not a JAG-O or an MP [at Benning]).
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm just a dumb MP somewhere else but my interpretation: If you aren't staying on post overnight, and have a legitimate purpose (after graduation) you can have it in your car unloaded ammo seperate blah blah (I am not a JAG-O or an MP [at Benning]).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found that same pdf and wanted clarification. They said that there was no way I can legally bring it on post and I have no interest in attempting to do it. I'm just going to get a hotel room and spend the night before driving home.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I found that same pdf and wanted clarification. They said that there was no way I can legally bring it on post and I have no interest in attempting to do it. I'm just going to get a hotel room and spend the night before driving home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is they?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Benning PMO
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the graduation on the field next to the museum?  If yes, you don't even go on base.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is the graduation on the field next to the museum?  If yes, you don't even go on base.
View Quote

They still do ranger school graduations at Victory pond (far from the museum) last I went to one
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They still do ranger school graduations at Victory pond (far from the museum) last I went to one
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  They'll have maps at the Visitor Center.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top