Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds great!  Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have some food and supplies left from the Fall Shoot that we can bring to the MOA Shoot if y'all want....I'll get a list together of exact amounts and items and pass it along but I know there were hamburgers and hotdogs (uncooked), buns, plates, plastic utensils, soft drinks, water, chips, etc. that's already paid for/donated.....
....Just let me know...

Sounds great!  Thanks!

For planning purposes, we have left:

32 hamburger patties
24 hotdogs
36 hamburger buns
48 hotdog buns
Plastic silverware
1 large can baked beans
1 1/2 large charcoal lighter fluid
75 paper plates
100 plastic cups, 16 oz.
65 individual serving bags of chips, assorted (plain, BBQ, cheese curls, nacho cheese)
2 bottles ketchup
2 bottles mustard
1 bottle pickle relish
3 squeeze bottles mayo
ETA:
2 Diet Coke 12 pk
1 Coke 12 pk
1 Mountain Dew 12 pk
1/2 flat (12) bottled water

All items unopened/uncooked except lighter fluid.....

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
And a partige in a pear tree?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
This sounds fun.  I'm not sure of if my schedule will work with this event but I'll let you know.  I probably won't do well compared to the really good shooters but I finally re-sighted my rifles last weekend after fiddling with the scopes so at least now I should hit close to where I'm aiming.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This sounds fun.  I'm not sure of if my schedule will work with this event but I'll let you know.  I probably won't do well compared to the really good shooters but I finally re-sighted my rifles last weekend after fiddling with the scopes so at least now I should hit close to where I'm aiming.
View Quote
You'll be the only one that cares how well you shoot. Unless you suck bad then everyone there will do their best to assist you in getting better. They'll let you use their gear and weapons. It's all about the fun and fellowship. Come on out, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Where is this located?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You'll be the only one that cares how well you shoot. Unless you suck bad then everyone there will do their best to assist you in getting better. They'll let you use their gear and weapons. It's all about the fun and fellowship. Come on out, you won't regret it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can guarantee you there will be someone there who is shooting worse than you. I won't mention names, but they are on this thread!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can guarantee you there will be someone there who is shooting worse than you. I won't mention names, but they are on this thread!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't even started my build yet. This could be fun!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where is this located?
View Quote

Between Crawfordville and Union Point.  (Not far off of I-20)

Private range, so the directions will not be posted, but rather emailed to people.  There is plenty of room if you would like to try!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that excuse has been used before  You have about 2 1/2 weeks to get it done!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't think that excuse has been used before  You have about 2 1/2 weeks to get it done!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll be done. Might not be sighted in, but it'll be built.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
a week and a half to go!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
That's right....I gotta go get some butts!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
GAhunter95,

If it's alright, put me down with a +1.  My brother would like to attend and give the challenge a go with his 20" build.

Is there anything you need help with before the shoot?

What can we bring to help with lunch?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Lunch has been pot luck. But bring something good or we will ridicule you relentlessly if it tastes like Crap.  Also post up what you are bringing so there is only one.

BBQ pork is being provided. Smoked that morning with dillo dust.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Great.  I'll add you and +1 to the list... (eventually lol.. kinda busy til Monday)

Friday afternoon / evening we will get things set up so Saturday should be pretty smooth...I hope :)

As was previously mentioned... let everyone know what you are planning on bringing.  Jeep is going to smoke a pair of butts, I'll make breakfast on Saturday morning for the campers, and Saturday night will likely be burgers and dogs.  Sunday morning is usually just time to pack up / clean up and head home.

There is a grocery store 20 miles away, so if need be, we can run and fill in the gaps for the lunch.  

Draconic sent me an inventory of leftovers, but I don't have time right now to copy it over.  I've been off the grid for a few days and it was wonderful!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah.... directions...

send me an IM and I'll send you back gps coords with a google map link for you.   Private property - so please don't post them.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm out guys.  Going to the farm to kill things.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I am moving from a go, to a no-go due to a daughter commitment I didn't figure out was the same day until just now.  :(   If it was pretty much anyone but her, I'd be packing gear already.

Thanks much for planning this, Gahunter95, and I'll wish you guys a safe and accurate day on the range.  Show Texas how it's done.  :)

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm out now, my fishing trip got delayed so I won't be back in time to make it to the shoot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Updated.

Plenty of room for more shooters.  Feel free to spread the word and get a few more people in here.  I can live with left over BBQ, I'd rather not see leftover prizes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]
We may have a +1 or 2 Saturday.....Probably only one to shoot, but I won't know until later this week...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Updated.

Plenty of room for more shooters.  Feel free to spread the word and get a few more people in here.  I can live with left over BBQ, I'd rather not see leftover prizes.
View Quote

Okay, how many dillo's are up for grabs? Next weekend right?

I gotta convince 6...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I gotta convince 6...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Updated.

I gotta convince 6...

In 4 days.

Some people are camping Friday and or Saturday night.

Everyone who shoots, gets a special edition dillo and some dillo dusted BBQ and maybe something else.  I have a lot of triggers as well, but those are currently earmarked for shooters who complete the MOA Challenge at under 1 MOA.  (I want my MBT!)  And one shooter gets a real nice prize!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#24]
did somebody say dillos?

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

In 4 days.

Everyone who shoots, gets a special edition dillo and some dillo dusted BBQ and maybe something else.  I have a lot of triggers as well, but those are currently earmarked for shooters who complete the MOA Challenge at under 1 MOA.  (I want my MBT!)  And one shooter gets a real nice prize!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Updated.

I gotta convince 6...

In 4 days.

Damnit, got drawn for a hunt Saturday

If there's extra dillos I know a loving home for one
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think you've got me down. I'll do my best to make it out to shoot, but it'll prolly be too dark again by the time I get there. SO, put me down, 99.9%, as a campfire tender/BS'er. That's my favorite part anyway!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't think you've got me down. I'll do my best to make it out to shoot, but it'll prolly be too dark again by the time I get there. SO, put me down, 99.9%, as a campfire tender/BS'er. That's my favorite part anyway!!!
View Quote

Fixed.  Glad you are going to make it over.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have lots of lanterns! And a flash light.I'm sure you can try....

We gotta get you a trigger this year!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring a suppressed 22 and a battery operated led light.  Now you can shoot after dark and not disturb anyone ;)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll get there as soon as I can!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Jack is psyched up for this. I'll be pretty happy to be there as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#32]
it is perfectly fine to bring your +1 (guest or kids).  

The person bringing them should take pics and post for them in the challenge thread if they don't have an account here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#33]
My gate will be open and I will have some sort of signs by it.  A few years ago, some Arfcommers took the wrong drive and that neighbor pulled a gun on them.   I have used a political yard sign painted orange in the past.  Could be my "bitter gun owner" or a trump sign, or any combination of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Have no fear, It was just a snub nose 38, he was greatly outgunned.

And what he heard later that night I'm sure he will never do it Again....mwahahaahaha
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#35]
See you guys Saturday! Seth talked me right into it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Lunch has been pot luck. But bring something good or we will ridicule you relentlessly if it tastes like Crap.  Also post up what you are bringing so there is only one.

BBQ pork is being provided. Smoked that morning with dillo dust.
View Quote
I'm planning on bringing mac-n-cheese in a crockpot to go with gajeeps butts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#37]
And we'll have chips, buns and baked beans to go with it....
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#38]
GAhunter95, thank you very much for putting on the MOA shoot for a second year in a row.

Huge thanks to LaRue for sponsoring us again.  Amazing event!

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for putting this on Mike, I had a blast. I know Jackson did as well.

Good seeing everyone again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you GaHunter for hosting the MOA Shoot again.....You have a fantastic place out there.....A big thank you to Mark LaRue and LaRue Tactical for sponsoring this event again this year.....

....It was great seeing some new faces to go with screen names and to get to hang out with everyone.....I can hardly wait for next year...
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Cross post from the MOA Challenge  Thread...I also posted in the LaRue Industry thread to say Thank You to LaRue....

Results from the 2nd Annual Georgia MOA All Day Challenge Shoot....

Photo of set up and range:

Scored target (after review)

Scored and reviewed target with calipers

Division you wish to be listed under with range, User_Name: Rifle Manufacturer and caliber - notable customizations- Scope- Ammo. Groups: 1"/2"/3"/4"/5" = avg. 3" = .287 MOA

SPR Division,
100 yards,
Draconis,
Rifle: LaRue 20" Stealth barrel on Stealth upper with SLR adjustible gas block/LaRue PredatAR lower with MBT and Vltor A5 recoil system, Vortex Viper HST 6-24X50 scope in a LT845-QD scope mount, Harris S-BRM bipod, Cross Tac squeeze bag.  
Ammo: Handloaded 69 grain SMK HPBT in once fired and prepped Norma brass over 24.9 grains of Reloder 15, 2.22 COAL

Groups:
.684+.728+1.002+.711+.813 = 3.938
3.938/5 = .787
.787/1.047 = .7516 MOA

...I want to say thank you to GAhunter95 for hosting the HTF MOA Challenge shoot again this year, the great members of the GAHTF that make these get togethers great and a BIG thank you to Mark LaRue and LaRue Tactical for sponsoring this event again.....I'm still chasing five perfect ragged holes to do this rifle justice.....

Thanks Mark....
Pic of the swag and prizes......

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is my post from the MOA thread.  

Not an official entry because, honestly, it sucks.  The pics speak for themselves.  This is more of a Thank You to LaRue for sponsoring the GAHTF MOA Shoot.  Even though I didn't shoot well, it was a great learning opportunity.    

Shooting 75 Grn Hornady Steel match out of a WOA 18 inch Bbl  with a 10x vortex scope at 100 yards.

This is my son shooting our Kid's class during the MOA shoot.  Ruger 10/22 at 50 yards.  He was very proud of his target and its now hanging on his wall!

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Posting this for 'Meme' (Mrs. Draconis) winner of the Women's Division of the shoot (she was the only female competing )

Results of 2nd Annual GHTF MOA Challenge:

Set up and range:

Scored target:

Target with calipers (a bit blurry...if needed I can retake and repost)

SPR Division,
100 yards,
Meme,
Rifle: LaRue 20" Stealth barrel on Stealth upper with SLR adjustible gas block/LaRue PredatAR lower with MBT and Vltor A5 recoil system, Vortex Viper HST 6-24X50 scope in a LT845-QD scope mount, Harris S-BRM bipod, Cross Tac squeeze bag.  
Ammo: Handloaded 69 grain SMK HPBT in once fired and prepped Norma brass over 24.9 grains of Reloder 15, 2.22 COAL

Groups:
.867 + 1.468 + .698 + .626 + 1.173 = 4.832 / 5 = .9664
.9664 / 1.047 = .923 MOA

A few words from Meme:

" Thank you to Mr. LaRue for sponsoring the 2nd annual shoot.  Fantastic swag gifts *LOVE THE MBT* Now my husband will have to build me my own precision rifle around my new trigger.  Thanks to Gahunter94 for inviting us back again this year.  The shoot was fantastic.  Lots of good food and good friends, shooting and campfires.  It was a great time and I'm looking forward to the next shoot.

I think that most wives and girlfriends think this is a male only event.  Ladies, let me tell you, it's not. Sooooo, I would like to challenge all the above to a friendly competition.  When the next MOA shoot happens please join in and I believe that you would have a good time.

I was able to go from MOB (Moment of Badguy) last year to sub MOA this year with Draconis' LaRue rifle.  Next year it would be nice to have a Women's Division of more than ONE.

Thanks again to Gahunter and Mr. LaRue.

Meme
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top