Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2016 11:27:46 AM EDT
So unfortunately, I lost my birth certificate during a move. I was born in Atlanta, but am currently in SE Georgia/Statesboro, so would I be able to walk into the Bulloch county records office and order a replacement even though I wasn't born there.

Also, I don't remember the hospital I was born, nor my mother's name on the certificate, so would that prevent me from obtaining a copy of my records.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So unfortunately, I lost my birth certificate during a move. I was born in Atlanta, but am currently in SE Georgia/Statesboro, so would I be able to walk into the Bulloch county records office and order a replacement even though I wasn't born there.

Also, I don't remember the hospital I was born, nor my mother's name on the certificate, so would that prevent me from obtaining a copy of my records.

View Quote
If you were born in atlanta you'll have to request one from there. You can do it in person or via snail mail. I just got extras copys for my son in Douglas county took about 5 minutes. FuCo took much longer when I got mine.
The form I filled out asked for mother and fathers name at time of birth. It also asked for hospital name.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you were born in atlanta you'll have to request one from there. You can do it in person or via snail mail. I just got extras copys for my son in Douglas county took about 5 minutes. FuCo took much longer when I got mine. The form I filled out asked for mother and fathers name at time of birth. It also asked for hospital name.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were born in atlanta you'll have to request one from there. You can do it in person or via snail mail. I just got extras copys for my son in Douglas county took about 5 minutes. FuCo took much longer when I got mine. The form I filled out asked for mother and fathers name at time of birth. It also asked for hospital name.

Well looks like snail mail it is for me then. Can't feasibly go up to Atlanta anytime soon since classes start for me on Monday. Much appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You can have them mailed to you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife was born in Texas.  She requested a copy of her birth certificate by mail.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I was recently told that you could go to any health dept., in any county in GA, and they could get it done for $25 on site.

I need to find out next week for sure, cuz I need it for my driver's license renewal before Labor Day.  

Grrrrrr
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Walk into any health dept and hand them a name written down. When asked questions "no hablo englesh"

They'll hand walk you through especially if you ask about reg to vote democrate.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Walk into any health dept and hand them a name written down. When asked questions "no hablo englesh"

They'll hand walk you through especially if you ask about reg to vote democrate.
View Quote
I have slantey eyes, don't think they'll buy a spanish speaking asian.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I were you I'd try it and get somebody to film it. I guarantee they'd be either so ignorant or so confused they wouldn't say a word!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Atlanta you would be guaranteed a job
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If I were you I'd try it and get somebody to film it. I guarantee they'd be either so ignorant or so confused they wouldn't say a word!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd do it, but I really just want to get my birth certificate ASAP for my recruiter, and also so I can order plates from Highcom like I've been meaning to.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I wentt to my local health department, and they got me a certified copy of my birth certificate. Took 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the person he would be talking to. She would get a good laugh out of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#14]
In high school, we had a foreign exchange student from Germany. She was Asian. To hear see a little Asian girl speaking thick, native German is a shock to the brain.

When I worked at a musc store in my youth, I heard a customer come up behind me and ask a question in a deep, booming Texan drawl. Turned around to find a little Asian fella in dressed like he just came out of a Horsetown catalogue.

Also once met a Korean mechanic on Buford Hwy in Doraville. His name was Doyle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Man, I was born in Carrollton and requested everything online and it showed up in the mail. I lived in SC at the time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also Dude, slantey eyes is not the preferred nomenclature.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you never watched "Born In East LA?"

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I was born in Mitchell County GA.  I did not have a birth certificate.  When I went to the Gwinnett County Probate court to apply for my CCP, the lady pulled it up on the computer and printed it off in about 30 seconds.  She even printed/stamped a copy for me to keep.  It cost ~$10.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You can have them mailed to you.
View Quote

I had to do this to get my passport many years ago.  I was living in MD at the time.  Think it cost $25 for them to print it off and FedEx it to me.  Think my aunt went to the health dept. to request it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Planning on running for President?

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally got around to going over to the health dept. to get my birth certificate. Since I wasn't born in the state of GA I got the big "no can do."

I suspect I will not have the proper documentation on hand to get my driver's license renewed, on or before Labor Day.

What a pain!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Finally got around to going over to the health dept. to get my birth certificate. Since I wasn't born in the state of GA I got the big "no can do."

I suspect I will not have the proper documentation on hand to get my driver's license renewed, on or before Labor Day.

What a pain!!!
View Quote

Do you have a passport?

A GWL?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you have a passport?

A GWL?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a pain!!!

Do you have a passport?

A GWL?

Sorta have a passport, (over 10 years expired, so no good). Have a current GWL. Can't find my SS card either (been a couple of decades or so, since I last needed it), but I figure with the new birth certificate that I was able to order online, my current driver's license, my current GWL, an electric bill, and a copy of my professionally prepared, fed and state taxes, I ought to get by..... Hoping so, anyway.

What a PAIN though!!!! I got my learner's permit in 1974 here in GA, have been "in the system" since, and there's no way they can't look the rest up online, if it's that critical!!! If I was a criminal they sure as beck would/could!!!

Grrrr.....

Have I mentioned my warm and fuzzy feelings toward .gov of late?!?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sorta have a passport, (over 10 years expired, so no good). Have a current GWL. Can't find my SS card either (been a couple of decades or so, since I last needed it), but I figure with the new birth certificate that I was able to order online, my current driver's license, my current GWL, an electric bill, and a copy of my professionally prepared, fed and state taxes, I ought to get by..... Hoping so, anyway.

What a PAIN though!!!! I got my learner's permit in 1974 here in GA, have been "in the system" since, and there's no way they can't look the rest up online, if it's that critical!!! If I was a criminal they sure as beck would/could!!!

Grrrr.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a pain!!!

Do you have a passport?

A GWL?

Grrrr.....

Going to save you some trouble.... Without that BC on file you are not going to renew.

I had that problem last year and had to drive to FL on one days notice to take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Going to save you some trouble.... Without that BC on file you are not going to renew.

I had that problem last year and had to drive to FL on one days notice to take care of the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a pain!!!

Do you have a passport?

A GWL?

Grrrr.....

That's what I figured.

Does anyone know if they give extensions, or should I just not bother til I get my birth certificate in my grubby lil fist?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's what I figured.

Does anyone know if they give extensions, or should I just not bother til I get my birth certificate in my grubby lil fist?
View Quote

I personally wouldn't even bother....
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I figured.

The only advantage that I have, is that the nearest DDS to me is only about 20 minutes away, in Greensboro. From what I understand, there is seldom much, if any, wait to talk to one of our .gov overlords. I can likely leave home, prostrate myself in obeisance to .gov, and make it to the shop in an hour's time, total.

However, as you suggest, it's probably not worth my time, since I should have my birth certificate by the end of next week. And heck, as long as I don't get stopped, or find a roadblock after midnight on Labor Day, my license will still be valid. I'll sho' 'nuff feel like Cinderella on Labor Day, making certain I leave the Ball in time to get home before midnight.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top