Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, with my wife being unable to make it, I'm not that enthused about making the drive alone.  Further, she apparently is scheming with one or more of her girlfriends to go shooting Sunday, so I think I'll be shifting my energy towards that.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting on the road in a few.

Gonna be a great time!

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a great time!

Thanks for hosting, and thanks to all the volunteers who helped make this happen.  I wish I could have stayed longer.   This really is an awesome group of deplorable people!  

I did get "wiseanhyzer'd" as I was leaving... so at least that tradition continues!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a great time!

Thanks for hosting, and thanks to all the volunteers who helped make this happen.  I wish I could have stayed longer.   This really is an awesome group of deplorable people!  

I did get "wiseanhyzer'd" as I was leaving... so at least that tradition continues!  
View Quote

Glad you could make it out for a bit! With your work schedule I'm surprised you came out at all!!!

Fingers crossed that you can make it for the whole weekend next year!!!

Let's hope we can break the Wisenhyzer curse next year!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got home, unloaded the LC, and then had a long well earned (and badly needed) shower. Now I'm sippin' iced tea in the AC, surfing arf in clean skivvies. Ahhhh.

I had an awesome time. Thanks to all involved. Special thanks to Drac and Meme for going above and beyond, and Tim for stepping up, improvising, and making what turned out to be the best smoked butt/BBQ I've ever had at any shooting event.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just got home, unloaded the LC, and then had a long well earned (and badly needed) shower. Now I'm sippin' iced tea in the AC, surfing arf in clean skivvies. Ahhhh.

I had an awesome time. Thanks to all involved. Special thanks to Drac and Meme for going above and beyond, and Tim for stepping up, improvising, and making what turned out to be the best smoked butt/BBQ I've ever had at any shooting event.

View Quote
Your killin me Smalls. Thanks to those who picked up my slack

Y'all don't know how bad I feel not making it.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have pics from the festivities? Wish I could have made it...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Picture a Matt Best video with older, out of shape shooters.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
..Well, Meme's toy got us home in one piece, I didn't miss any more stop signs and we managed almost 50 MPH all the way...Got the essentials unloaded and got a nice cold glass of tea....

...I want to say thank you to all who made it an enjoyable weekend even if you couldn't share some of Wreck's fantastic guitar pickin' around the campfire and the great socializing after the weapons were put up, the sun went down and the libations flowed....  Without a doubt, we have some of the best HTF members that make get togethers like this really enjoyable....

....A special thanks to those who pitched in with willing (if sweaty) hands to help set up Friday and clean up Sunday (Roland, Southerncross and SC .5, RamblinWreck, Slashsplat and his +2...Thanks to Emu for the use of his property without which it couldn't happen too....
....and we found out Dangy Galt makes a great registration clerk at the sign in table and Roland Deshain  is a TRUE "Butt Master".....

Quoted:
View Quote

...I'm collecting stills from those who took them to add to the video I got to put together another video of the shoot...It'll take me a bit to get it tweaked, but I'll post it up as soon as possible for those that missed it....If anyone else has stills that I haven't spoken to about getting copies, if you don't mind I would like to include them too....Drop me an IM here and I'll forward my email address so we can figure out something....
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Emu said the group was a really great folks who took shooting seriously.  I was blown away.  As an RSO for many years and MANY events during my tenure at Hunter Shoot at River Bend over 7 years, I have NEVER seen such a mature, dedicated, SAFE bunch of people.  The adherence to common sense safety was impeccable.  In spite of some little ones, many automatic firearms, tons of people, and lots of excitement, it was the safest and most relaxing shoot I have ever attended.

My compliments to the attendees, all of you restored my faith in fellow shooters.

Emu, Drac, Meme, Joe, and all the others who worked so hard to make it happen - THANK YOU.

My +2 (ages 26 & 30 males) were totally impressed with the caliber of the people, and are getting on the board immediately.  They also wanted to thank the generous folks who allowed them to shoot full auto, a true "top of the Bucket List" for both.

You can count on me for any future shoots.

ETA: got 8.4 MPG hauling a$$ on the way down, 11.4 going back tuckered and slow.

Shout out to our little buddy Jack, a truly special young man.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
And could someone please post the Facebook group name.  I am too dumb to find it.  TIA
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
A huge thank you to Draconis and Meme for putting together a wonderful Fall Shoot!!! Without their tireless efforts, the Fall Shoot could not have happened!!! Putting on, and more importantly, pulling off (without a hitch!) an event like this, is far more work than most folks realize. The GAHTF is truly indebited to Draconis, not only for organizing the Fall Shoot, but also for being the straw boss, head scrounger, and, as a rule, hardest working peon, in turning the Angry Emu Range into a constantly improving asset, for the GAHTF!!! For those of you who have not been able to come out to the range, let me say that you WILL be impressed, if you can come for a visit. When I think of all the future improvements he has planned, I daresay that we are, without a doubt, the most blessed HTF in this whole durn USofA!!!

Little by little, bit by bit, he is building us a first class range, with a really, really, nice campground attached to it. We still need plenty of volunteer labor, and donations of materials and ca$h, to bring this massive project to completion over the next several years. Those of you who were lucky enough to attend the Fall Shoot at the Angry Emu Range for the second time, couldn't help but notice all the improvements since last year. Chief amongst them being the vastly improved access to the range and the removal of the derelict mobile home. I was truly thankful for all the donations that you folks put into the range improvements jar yesterday! It totaled $287!!! Thank you ALL very much, for being so generous! May you all rest assured that each and every penny of those funds will be spent solely on improvements to the range, and campground. Our next projects will be electricity, and a steel pavilion for the campground, with full time water soon to follow. We have already received the building permits for these, from the county. But, we will still need plenty of volunteer labor to help us build the pavilion. Those steel columns and beams will require a LOT of muscle to hoist into place!

Without a doubt, though, I'd like to say thank you to all the GAHTF folks who took the time to come out and enjoy Draconis and Meme's hospitality, out here at the Fall Shoot. It is truly a fine group of folks that attend these events. Not only is EVERYONE polite, friendly, helpful, and a joy to meet and greet with, but most importantly, this is, without a doubt, the most safety conscious group of shooters I have ever had the pleasure to interact with. It is truly amazing to bring this many shooters together and have, for all intents and purposes, NO safety issues for an 8 hour shooting event, with many attendees arriving on Friday, and staying til Sunday. If you have never attended a GAHTF event, you will be as amazed as I was, and still am, at the conscientiousness of ALL the folks that attend!!! I hope many of you, who are reasonably close to the range, will begin to utilize the Angry Emu as your home range, on a regular basis!

A much deserved thanks to all the folks in the orange shirts (Fall Shoot Staff). Ramblin', Slash, GAHunter, and Southern, excellent job on the RSO department! Meme and Dagney had the thankless task of manning (or in this case womaning?) the check-in and food tent! You all worked hard to make this a great and smooth running event. A special thanks to RolandDeschain (one of our regulars at the range who considers the Angry Emu his home range!) for his culinary skills, and all the food that he donated to this event in order to help feed the hungry masses, not to mention his cooking gear!!! AND coming back in the morning to haul off 8 BIG, FULL bags of trash! THANKS Roland!!!!!

In closing, I can honestly say that we are all truly blessed, to have so many wonderful folks, that care about this sport, which we all enjoy, and have found one another, in friendship, here on the GAHTF. I'm looking forward to a bigger and better (though I don't know how it could be any better!?!) Fall Shoot next year!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all
you fine people. I definitely will plan better
next time so I can stay longer and help out.

Thanks to all involved who put on such a fun
Event
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Also the HTF shoot shirts are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
SlashSplat's long haired +, here.

Had a blast (not mocking the tannerite!) with you all this weekend. I'm still putting usernames with names/faces, but I thank you all for welcoming my friend and myself into your group with open arms. You all made me feel like one of your own.

It's always a bit nerve racking when you get around that many people you do not know at a gun range. You just never know what will happen and lives could end up gone with the right mistakes made. Every one of you made me comfortable to be around. Very safe group. Everyone followed every safety protocol gone over in the briefing. I would love to shoot with you all in the future.

Very kind group as well. Thanks to who all prepared the food and all the hard work that was put into the range - you guys have worked your rears off. I know it was a shame ol buddy with the smoker couldn't make it, but looking back, I think it would have been a shame to cook the pork different than how we did. Everything was wonderful.

For those who camped, you will chuckle to hear that I was awoken by an imaginary rooster crowing at 4:30 this morning!

Thank you for having me. Pleasure meeting and shooting with you all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks to all for the great shoot. My son (Killian) wasn't too excited when we first arrived, and he thought he was gonna take a nap. After he saw some of the guns being toted to the line, he woke up. Thanks to edman99 for sharing his toys, and especially to those that let my young'un try their stuff.

GAhunter- his favorite to shoot was the Garand. He turned 18 in Feb and has been carefully considering what he wanted his first gun purchase to be. He has several, but hasn't bought his own yet. The Garand may have pushed him in that direction.

Hopefully we can spend more time at the next one.

Thanks to all of the RSO's for their dedication, to EMU for the great location and set up. I hope to pitch in with some elbow grease.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SlashSplat's long haired +, here.

Had a blast (not mocking the tannerite!) with you all this weekend. I'm still putting usernames with names/faces, but I thank you all for welcoming my friend and myself into your group with open arms. You all made me feel like one of your own.

It's always a bit nerve racking when you get around that many people you do not know at a gun range. You just never know what will happen and lives could end up gone with the right mistakes made. Every one of you made me comfortable to be around. Very safe group. Everyone followed every safety protocol gone over in the briefing. I would love to shoot with you all in the future.

Very kind group as well. Thanks to who all prepared the food and all the hard work that was put into the range - you guys have worked your rears off. I know it was a shame ol buddy with the smoker couldn't make it, but looking back, I think it would have been a shame to cook the pork different than how we did. Everything was wonderful.

For those who camped, you will chuckle to hear that I was awoken by an imaginary rooster crowing at 4:30 this morning!

Thank you for having me. Pleasure meeting and shooting with you all.
View Quote

Glad to have y'all at the shoot.  We're always looking for good folks to join us! I hope to see you at future events!!!

Oh, and welcome to ARFcom!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a great time meeting everyone and getting to shoot without the constraints of a traditional range!  Thanks again for organizing and hosting the event and for all the hard work that went into lunch on Saturday - next time I'll be able to stay longer and help with cleanup.

As others have said, this was really a good group of responsible people that took the event seriously but still had maximum fun as well.  I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to but I'll send over the good ones.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Thank you everyone for coming out! Special thanks to Draconis and Meme (leading the charge, food, generosity, forward grip), Emu(hospitality), GAHunter95 (for the .50cal) and SlashSplat (for the .308 and new faces!- I accidentally brought the 20 rd mag home, I will return it when I see you next, yikes!)

As promised, I will organize the November camp-out. It is the more social, less organized cousin of the Fall Shoot. It will be a bring your own food to bbq/cook, adult libations, guitars for pickin', and some stuff to shoot kind of weekend. The weather will be much cooler and nights longer for a focus on the campfire, great conversation, and idea sharing for the next set of events. Keep an eye out for the post in the next week.

I am still smiling from the fun stuff I got to test out, now all I need is an extra 20k-50k to build out all the stuff I want.

Cheers, Dagny  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

SlashSplat's long haired +1, here.

Had a blast (not mocking the tannerite!) with you all this weekend.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

... SlashSplat (for the .308 and new faces!- I accidentally brought the 20 rd mag home, I will return it when I see you next, yikes!)

View Quote
That was a gift for your efforts!

And it was worth it seeing you and Meme hit LITERALLY EVERY darned thing you pointed at with the suppressed .308, especially since neither of you had ever touched it before...  Y'all made me proud.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to all who put their efforts in to the fall shoot. It was a blast, and can't wait to do it again in a couple months for the spring shoot .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And could someone please post the Facebook group name.  I am too dumb to find it.  TIA
View Quote

I second this... I have looked and cannot find the FB group to request to join
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have y'all searched the ga HTF for this info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys. This is Russell, slash's other +1 for the shoot. Thanks to all for a great weekend! Look forward to seeing you all again at the next event!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a secret group. Searching it fruitless. IM Southerncross or Johnnypantz for an invite.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Big thanks to all that were involved and showed up to make this another sucessful event. Thanks to our host Emu. Our organizers Draconis and Meme. Our RSOs Ramblinwreck and Slashsplat. And all the others that gave time and effort. Everyone I could see had a great time. Everyone was safe. Nobody went away hungry or unhappy. See y'all at the next one!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#28]
For those of you that ordered shirts but couldn't make it, let me know how you want to proceed....We will be at the MOA Shoot so if you're going we can get them to you there....If you would rather have them mailed to you, let me know....

Bill, we haven't forgotten you and they will be in the mail this week as soon as we recover from the weekend....
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

For those of you that ordered shirts but couldn't make it, let me know how you want to proceed....We will be at the MOA Shoot so if you're going we can get them to you there....If you would rather have them mailed to you, let me know....

Bill, we haven't forgotten you and they will be in the mail this week as soon as we recover from the weekend....
View Quote
I'm gonna be at the MOA shoot. I can pay you know if you want.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Had a great time. Took until this morning for my liver to recover. Joe, I owe you a bottle of rum.

Thanks to everyone who made it, because these things aren't much fun without people. Thanks to Draconis and Meme for doing all the hard work so I could enjoy the fall shoot instead of shoveling gravel this year. Thanks to my favorite yankee for making awesome bbq. Thanks to Steve for being a gracious host. Thanks to Dagny for her secretarial skills. Slashsplat/Ramblinwreck, thanks for the RSO work. The rest of you guys all have my respect and if there are any other orange shirts I forgot to mention, blame it on the lingering effects of the rum. Thanks to the long haulers from CSRA who made it, always good to see you guys.

Seriously, I enjoy every chance I get to hang with you guys. Jack had an awesome time and can't stop talking about how he shot Mike's .50. I'm pretty sure everyone he saw/met today knows. Thank you so much Mike for letting him have a turn on it and shooting video for me since I was up top helping with lunch.  Same to Slashsplat for letting him spend half the day on your TC Icon. He wants a suppressed 308 now. I appreciate all the comments you guys gave me on him as well. He's a good kid and loves shooting.

See you guys at the next one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Ditto

View Quote

....No problem....We can settle up at the MOA Shoot.....Brakes and sinuses willing.....

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Big thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome.  We all had a great time.  Chef said that she would be happy to do this again, and Eaglet had a big time, especially playing in the pond.

Thanks to Angry Emu range for hosting, Meme and Draconis for all the hard work getting everything set up.  DagnyGalt for all the work getting everyone signed in.  Thanks to our RSO's Rambling Wreck and Slashsplat for doing a very professional job at keeping everyone safe.  Thanks to all the attendees for making this a very safe event.  Thanks to RolandDeschain for stepping up and manning the pit, the pulled pork was most delicious.

Slashsplat Thanks again for pulling me aside and the kind words of encouragement, really means a lot to me, so, Thanks again.

It was good meeting all of yall and wee hope we can come back sometime in the future.

We made it home right at 7 hours without incident.  Did run into a bit of a traffic jam about 40 miles from the house, don't know what happened but the Interstate was a parking lot, little detour and we arrived home safely.

22 MPG cruising at 80-85 all the way.

Oh we counted 60 Alexander Sunarrah billboards from GA till we made it home.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Big thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome.  We all had a great time.  Chef said that she would be happy to do this again, and Eaglet had a big time, especially playing in the pond.

Thanks to Angry Emu range for hosting, Meme and Draconis for all the hard work getting everything set up.  DagnyGalt for all the work getting everyone signed in.  Thanks to our RSO's Rambling Wreck and Slashsplat for doing a very professional job at keeping everyone safe.  Thanks to all the attendees for making this a very safe event.  Thanks to RolandDeschain for stepping up and manning the pit, the pulled pork was most delicious.

Slashsplat Thanks again for pulling me aside and the kind words of encouragement, really means a lot to me, so, Thanks again.

It was good meeting all of yall and wee hope we can come back sometime in the future.

We made it home right at 7 hours without incident.  Did run into a bit of a traffic jam about 40 miles from the house, don't know what happened but the Interstate was a parking lot, little detour and we arrived home safely.

22 MPG cruising at 80-85 all the way.

Oh we counted 60 Alexander Sunarrah billboards from GA till we made it home.
View Quote

Quite a drive, but CW vets don't seem to fear long trips. We were glad to have you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Had a wonderful time and met many great folks. My special thanks to Emu for hosting us and to the organizers and workers.

This was my first GAHTF shoot, but was made to feel right at home. Special folks - have them here.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Where are the pics and vids? I don't do facistbook.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
For those who want access to the dropbox folder of the raw photos we took, PM me your email address. I can send you a link.  Also, once we get the good ones edited, I will load them on the Angry Emu Range website! :D

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For those who want access to the dropbox folder of the raw photos we took, PM me your email address. I can send you a link.  Also, once we get the good ones edited, I will load them on the Angry Emu Range website! :D  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanna see 'em!!!!

Oh wait.....I meant the pics!!!

IM sent  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....I'm working on it, I'm working on it....sheesh....

.....Seriously, I am compiling the assorted videos and still shots, editing, tweaking and sorting for a complete video but it will probably be this weekend before I can put serious time on it....When it's finished I'll upload it and share it here, in a new thread.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Wish I could have been there instead of where I was.

:(

Sounds like it  was a good time!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

.....Seriously, I am compiling the assorted videos and still shots, editing, tweaking and sorting for a complete video but it will probably be this weekend before I can put serious time on it....When it's finished I'll upload it and share it here, in a new thread.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top