Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/2/2016 1:20:42 PM EDT
UPDATE 15 Aug: T- shirt price will be $6.00 each up to size XL.

So, it looks like the majority want the weekend of 24 September so that's the date to plan for.....Everyone make your arrangements as needed (tell da' boss, and the OTHER Boss if you have one )

...I will revise this post with details as they come up...Feel free to post a reply if you plan to attend, along with how many will be with you.... (Example: Draconis +3)

....Also, we have already got three volunteers to share the load as RSOs (Thanks again Southerncross, RamblinWreck and Redgoat) but if anyone else wants to share a slot speak up....

Schedule of Events (will be fine tuned prior to event)

Friday, 23 September 16
  -Set up and prepare range
  -Campers welcome
  -Firepit open

Saturday, 24 September 16
   900    Safety briefing
   930    Range open and hot
  1200   Range cold
              Lunch (provided)
   1330  Range open and hot
   1900 (approx./dark)  Range closed and cold
        -   Firepit open
        -   Campers welcome
        -   Cpl0313 has kindly offered to do his magic on some BBQ if everyone camping and eating is willing to pitch in to cover the cost....Thanks Cpl....

Sunday, 25 September 16
    1000  Clean up and clear range and camping area

General notes

- Donations can be sent  by descrete Paypal to [email protected] or can be brought with you the day of the shoot
- Lunch/beverages Saturday will be provided, all other meals and beverages BYO
- Camping is primitive style (bring potable water, power (if needed), shelter, etc.
- All adult attendees will be required to sign a waiver/list of range rules to attend
- Anyone violating safe practices will be asked to leave at the discretion of RSO/Organizer/Property Owner
- RSO decisions/instructions are final for the safety of all attending
- Angry Emu Range website is available for more information including Range Rules
-We're working on teeshirts for anyone that's interested.  Price will be $6.00 each up to XL, $8.00 for XXL and larger .  Color will be Gray (Staff/RSO to be high visibility orange). The design will be something like THIS (although not being ordered from there).  If you would like one, post your size(s) and how many in the t-shirt thread....ORDERS MUST BE MADE BY 6 SEPTEMBER...

Menu for Lunch Saturday
(Please post any food items you can bring to help and I will include them on the list below)
-Hamburgers
-Hotdogs
-Chips
-Baked beans

-Softdrinks
-Water
-Sport drink (Gatorade/Powerade/etc.)

RSO
Southerncross
RamblinWreck
Redgoat
GAhunter95
slashsplat

Attending
Draconis (+3 ?)
Meme
Emu + Emu Jr.
DangyGalt +3 (or 5)
boerseun
Crkrdice
GAhunter95
southerncross +1
RamblinWreck
cpl0313 +1 (+2 ?)
Yatzee Squirrel +1 (or 2)
Gandydancer +2
milsurphunter +1
Dinnertime
fenrisulfr (Sat. afternoon)
Eagle34 +2
slashsplat +2
_hacker_
RolandDeschain
doomtrprz71 +3
Mad-Machinist (+1 ?)
Westgram +1
edman99 +1
YourCoWorker +2
votefromrooftops +5
LoneWolf545 (maybe) +1?
tok762 +1
Kletzenklueffer +1
EKD
wfrye
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Emu + Emu Jr.

We'll be needing to have a couple or 3 work days before this happens. Our "Energizer Bunny" Redwolf, who did the vast majority of our mowing last year has been sidelined for a while due to elevated pressure in the eye that had the detached retina, so we're gonna need to have a mowing party right before the shoot. Luckily it's been mega-dry out here (one look at the pond will confirm it!), so the grass isn't that bad, but we definitely will need to do some grooming before the shoot!!! We also need to spread some wood chips on the pistol range too.

Hopefully we can get plenty of help to get things ship-shape before the shoot!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to bring the Bobcat over sometime this month (when work and weather allow) to spread the wood chips, carve out the fire pit and try to scrounge up some rocks from the 'back way out' to surround the pit (if Wizenheiser doesn't mind me robbing the tire killers from there )....

The list (as of now) of prep work in no particular order:
1) move the Volvo
2) fire pit
3) wood chips
4) fire wood (for the fire pit)
5) mow the upper camping area and the range (just before the shoot although a bushhog might be needed first)
6) sand and reseal/paint the bench tops
7) move the grill up to the top pavilion area
8) move the pavilion steel to the side
9) straighten that damn flag pole!! (and replace the pulley and lanyard)
10) determine the possibility of a temporary water line from the house (hose bib) to the upper area for hand washing, etc. on the shoot weekend

I will post a separate workday thread as we get closer to the shoot and when it drops below 100 degrees.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
DangyGalt +1 for Camping Friday and Saturday night.

I'll be the one with the clipboard, whistle and waivers for you to sign while intermittently shooting things and stuff.  

I am pretty booked up, but will try to make it the Sat or Sun prior to the Shoot for a workday.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there for at least the Saturday.
I'll keep an eye on this thread so I can come help out with some of the work. If nothing else, I'll bring the beer
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
AngryEmuRange.com is now live, check it out!

For those who are curious, take a look at last year's video on the Schedule page. As we get more information we will add it to the site and this thread. Thank you to everyone who has helped with the content and design. (Draconis, RedWolf, Emu, and Westgram)

For any feedback regarding the website, please PM me or send me an email via the website.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Should be good to go still for me and pinned for camping on Friday and hanging out on Saturday. One off bus will keep it posted. If anything changes
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AngryEmuRange.com is now live, check it out!

For those who are curious, take a look at last year's video on the Schedule page. As we get more information we will add it to the site and this thread. Thank you to everyone who has helped with the content and design. (Draconis, RedWolf, Emu, and Westgram)

For any feedback regarding the website, please PM me or send me an email via the website.

View Quote

http://AngryEmuRange.com

Made it hot for ya!

Draconis, you might want to post the link to the AER in the OP.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank YOU!! Still green here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.  Just me.

Sorry... my lawn mower is broken again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in.  Just me.

View Quote

Yeah, yeah....Likely story....I've got a push mower with your name on it.....

....Seriously,glad you'll be able to make it since you missed the Spring Shoot....
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't see a Schedule page.  I'd like to see the video
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
In +1, camping Friday and Saturday evening, but you already knew that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

....Seriously,glad you'll be able to make it since you missed the Spring Shoot....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in.  Just me.

Ha!  I did stop by once this summer and gave the AER a quick mowing.  I'm using a bush hog for my range lawn now.  I'll get the mower fixed sooner or later.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I didn't see a Schedule page.  I'd like to see the video
View Quote

At the top of the website there is: Home - Schedule - Range Rules - Forum

Click on Schedule and you will see Events- the link is to the lower right :D

Let me know if you have any other questions
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be fine with doing a casual NV and Thermal demo after dark if there is interest (interdast?). I have the Flir rs, IrD MK II thermal scopes on suppressed 300 BO and .308 ar, plus PVS-14 on a helmet and Ir lasers. Also a glock 20 with Ir laser. I'd be ok with letting folks have a go at handwarmers or glint targets.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in with a plus two maybe. Plus one definitely.

I'll be there come hell or high water. No excuses this time.

If y'all tell me I'm cooking I'll have to show up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

...Meme (Mrs. Draconis) is taking on the cooking duties but I know she wouldn't say no to any and all help offered....We're still fine tuning the 'menu' and I'll get something about it posted shortly....
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Going to try my best to make it Saturday for some fun.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're cooking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Update in the OP....
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#22]
For those who have never been to the Angry Emu Range, or for those folks who attended last year but have killed off a few too many brain cells since then, the map on the homepage of AngryEmuRange.com will be updated a week or two before the Fall Shoot, to show the exact location of the range.

I'm not too keen on showing the exact location on a public web site 24/7/365 due to the fact that this is a private range that is available for use by invitation only. Having said that, be aware that the members of the HTF are cordially invited to use the range, any time, throughout the year. I simply ask that you call ahead to let me know who's going to be out there, and when.

Any HTF members needing directions to come shoot, or to attend a workday, before we change the map (or after we go back to the generic map, post Shoot), can simply IM me. I'll be glad to give you directions, as well as my cell and shop phone numbers, to get in touch with me for questions, or for permission to come on out to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll cook saturday night if y'all want. Bbq and the fixings.  Small donation required.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a thought.....

Does anyone know of any businesses that might be interested in attending, and setting up to demo, or sell, products at the Fall Shoot? There's PLENTY of room out there, and I'm thinking we could turn these into pretty durn cool events if we could start attracting some vendors to display/demo/sell wares during the shoot.

We had about 40 attendees, during the soggiest, most miserable weekend of the year, last year. If the weather is fair this year, I fully expect a minimum of 50, and more likely pushing 75, with (dare I say it?) an outside chance at up to 100 folks, to show up. That's a lot of purchasing power in one place for a vendor to tap into.

If anyone can pass along any contact info to me, I'd be glad to make some phone calls to try to round up some vendors for booths/swag/donations, simply to have a bigger, better financed, more interesting event!

And if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please sing out, and set me straight!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Please add Gandydancer to the list .    Hopefully with 1 or 2 guests over the age of 21 .   I want them to meet a great group of HTF follks .

gd
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just a thought.....

Does anyone know of any businesses that might be interested in attending, and setting up to demo, or sell, products at the Fall Shoot? There's PLENTY of room out there, and I'm thinking we could turn these into pretty durn cool events if we could start attracting some vendors to display/demo/sell wares during the shoot.

We had about 40 attendees, during the soggiest, most miserable weekend of the year, last year. If the weather is fair this year, I fully expect a minimum of 50, and more likely pushing 75, with (dare I say it?) an outside chance at up to 100 folks, to show up. That's a lot of purchasing power in one place for a vendor to tap into.

If anyone can pass along any contact info to me, I'd be glad to make some phone calls to try to round up some vendors for booths/swag/donations, simply to have a bigger, better financed, more interesting event!

And if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please sing out, and set me straight!!!
View Quote
sending you a pm I get home

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Any pickers coming? Been learning bluegrass, mostly fiddle tunes/instrumentals, and will bring my D-18.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any pickers coming? Been learning bluegrass, mostly fiddle tunes/instrumentals, and will bring my D-18.
View Quote

...Over a year of guitar lessons when I was younger...but my nose the only thing I'm good at...  
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can sit there and enjoy it, drink in hand. No skills whatsoever.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm with him. I'll even bring bourbon
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like a good gig to me. I'll work up a set for y'all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds like a good gig to me. I'll work up a set for y'all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I plan on being there unless something changes. My son in-law should be coming with me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm out for this one.  It would cost me 42 hours of vacation time to attend.  It's my weekend on at work Fri-Sun 8am-10pm all 3 days.

I'll be in for some of the work days as long as they fall on my weekends off.  That way I can still get to hang out with some of you and shoot the shit and maybe have a beer or 7.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm out too.  I had already signed up to run an obstacle course race in Dallas, Ga that Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I am now a +3 and it may go to a +5 depending.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a thought.....

I'd start here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/b/2_Industry.html

Excellent idea!!! Great place to start!!!  TYVM!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm out too.  I had already signed up to run an obstacle course race in Dallas, Ga that Saturday.
View Quote

Welllllll, if you were any kind of a runner, you'd be done before noon, then head out to the range, for a little shooting, then joining us 'round the campfire til the wee hours!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry to hear it Roland and wiseanhyzer.....We were looking forward to hanging out at the fire with you guys....Are either/both of you going to be able to make the MOA shoot at least?...
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh, and I still haven't heard from the second source on the tee shirt price....I'll update the OP when/if I do or if I give up on them the price would be $9.00 each....I was hoping to do better on the cost, but there it is....
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Welllllll, if you were any kind of a runner, you'd be done before noon, then head out to the range, for a little shooting, then joining us 'round the campfire til the wee hours!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The race is a 2 hour drive away and I really don't know what to expect.  If I can make it by for social hour I will.  
Quoted:

Sorry to hear it Roland and wiseanhyzer.....We were looking forward to
hanging out at the fire with you guys....Are either/both of you going to
be able to make the MOA shoot at least?...
Yes.  I'm hoping to make it to the MOA shoot.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Dang! I am out this year. Last year was awesome.

My wife booked a vacation for us and I don't think I can commute from Mexico. LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#44]
As luck would have it, I am off work that Sat. I don't know if I could be there the whole day, but could maybe make it for a few hours if you guys would have me
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As luck would have it, I am off work that Sat. I don't know if I could be there the whole day, but could maybe make it for a few hours if you guys would have me
View Quote

Everybody is welcome.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#46]
...UPDATE ON T-SHIRTS...Finally heard back from the alternate provider on the price....

...They can do them for $6.00 each up to XL, Gray, no pocket..Orders MUST be submitted by 10 September to give them time to order the shirts and print them so we can pick them up and have them for the Shoot weekend....

...RSO and Staff shirts will be bright Orange...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Even though I can't make the shoot, I'd still be down for a couple shirts.  Put me down for 2 of XXL.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I haven't kept up with RSO volunteers, but if you need me I am happy to help as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I will be attending. Unfortunately I will be working most of
the weekend. But Saturday afternoon hopefully around 4ish
I will be there to meet all of you fine folks
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I haven't kept up with RSO volunteers, but if you need me I am happy to help as well.
View Quote

...So far we have Southerncross, RamblinWreck and Redgoat as volunteer RSOs....One more will help spread the load into manageable blocks so everyone can enjoy themselves I would think.....Thanks...I'll add you to the list...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top