BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey guys- my beau has to work that entire weekend so it will just be me on Saturday instead of the plus 5. He's pissed his camping/shooting weekend just got hijacked because subs can't get their job done.  I will at least be able to vent down range.  

On a happy note, I made some updates to the AngryEmuRange.com , check them out and let me know if there are any questions!
View Quote

Ummmm, the location of the range as noted by the pin on the map, found on the contact page, is close, really close..... but, uhhhh, no cigar!

Give me a call and we'll see if I can walk you over to the exact spot!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ummmm, the location of the range as noted by the pin on the map, found on the contact page, is close, really close..... but, uhhhh, no cigar!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys- my beau has to work that entire weekend so it will just be me on Saturday instead of the plus 5. He's pissed his camping/shooting weekend just got hijacked because subs can't get their job done.  I will at least be able to vent down range.  

On a happy note, I made some updates to the AngryEmuRange.com , check them out and let me know if there are any questions!

You've got it now Dagney!!! It's in the exact right spot!!!

Anyone needing directions need only go to the AngryEmuRange Contact us page and click on the map. That'll take you to Google maps where you can plot your route to the range. If anyone has questions on how best to get there, IM me.

If you plan to come out to shoot sometime after the Fall Shoot, be sure to save that link, because it'll be made generic after the Shoot, as this is a private range and we don't need just any Tom, Dick, or Harry showing up thinking it is a public range.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The site is looking REALLY good!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That Google Maps satellite image must have been taken just after last year's Fall Shoot....You can see the benches but the road hadn't been reworked yet.....Interesting view....Those benches were shining like a new penny....
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That Google Maps satellite image must have been taken just after last year's Fall Shoot....You can see the benches but the road hadn't been reworked yet.....Interesting view....Those benches were shining like a new penny....
View Quote

Another interesting factoid is the street view. It was taken June of 2016. The trailer is gone, you can see the cleared spot for the pavilion, and yes, Emu Jr's white Volvo station wagon is parked there.

The only 2WD vehicle that I recall leaving the range thru the front road, under it's own power, last year!!!

Multiple times!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Another interesting factoid is the street view. It was taken June of 2016. The trailer is gone, you can see the cleared spot for the pavilion, and yes, Emu Jr's white Volvo station wagon is parked there.

The only 2WD vehicle that I recall leaving the range thru the front road, under it's own power, last year!!!

Multiple times!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Multiple times!!!
I will tell Volvo about this heroic event. (They are one of my customers)

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Multiple times!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple times!!!

No doubt leading to its early demise. Rpms were redlined way too long. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple times!!!

That poor little car was singing us the song of its people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple times!!!

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple times!!!

that is awesome!

I think it would make a great target!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whahahahhahaha

In cast I missed it. I see the title is saying Sept 16...uhhh. dates change? Or is that just when the post was updated?

PS. I'm now legit 'Merican! Got sworn in yesterday at Turner Field.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Jodi is making a large potato salad for everyone, ive had several request

OP ask for anyone bringing food to post it
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

In cast I missed it. I see the title is saying Sept 16...uhhh. dates change? Or is that just when the post was updated?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

Congrats!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Congrats!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

Congrats!

Thanks goat! I'm trying to fend the family off. I may swing by there...not sure yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

.....That's just when the post was updated....and Congratulations !!!! ...Now you can bitch and moan with the rest of us 'Mericans .....
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
.....That's just when the post was updated....and Congratulations !!!! ...Now you can bitch and moan with the rest of us 'Mericans .....
View Quote

Well shit, guess that makes me one of the "deplorables"? And Thanks!

I'll do my best to swing by. Sucks that I have to deal with my in-laws for a whole weekend while I could be hanging out with y'all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whahahahhahaha

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, Eagle!
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm a tentative go, with a possible +1, all depends on whether the wife is scheduled to work that day.  
View Quote

May not be able to make it unless the gas situation cleared up, it'll take me close to half a tank for the round trip.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Please add me to the list for Saturday. I am looking forward to it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm coming out I-20 from Paulding county. I'll be in a F-450 toy hauler.  Anybody wanna ride let me know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Please add me to the list for Saturday. I am looking forward to it. Thanks.
View Quote

.....Added....
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It looks like I'll be too busy after all. Hope to catch you guys next time!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Can you put me down for a +1 for sure and possibly a +2.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you have an E-Z Up/Canopy? If so, I suggest bringing them, forecast looks sunny, hot with a slight chance of rain!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Had to work all last weekend so I couldnt make it to my father in laws for the movie screen/projector. Sorry guys. Work has been kicking my ass hard lately.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do you have an E-Z Up/Canopy? If so, I suggest bringing them, forecast looks sunny, hot with a slight chance of rain!
View Quote

Got one but that will take away from gun space.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Yatzee Squirrel:
Can you put me down for a +1 for sure and possibly a +2.
View Quote

.....Done....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Had to work all last weekend so I couldnt make it to my father in laws for the movie screen/projector. Sorry guys. Work has been kicking my ass hard lately.
View Quote

.....No problem....If RamblinWreck brings enough corn squeezins, there will probably be enough entertainment for all.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

no biggie.  probably be a waste anyways.  booze plus firepit equals all the entertainment we will need.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

no biggie.  probably be a waste anyways.  booze plus firepit equals all the entertainment we will need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but this is the third time I said I'd try to bring it and I hate being that guy. Something always comes up to keep me from getting down south to pick it up.

Maybe 400North will bring the entertainment again. My sides hurt after last time I laughed so hard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yeah, but this is the third time I said I'd try to bring it and I hate being that guy. Something always comes up to keep me from getting down south to pick it up.

Maybe 400North will bring the entertainment again. My sides hurt after last time I laughed so hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I anyone has a white bed sheet we can hang it on the rv.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue is the actual projector I believe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It definitely was side splitting hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll be flying solo this go round, isthatthingpinned is in a wedding he forgot about until this week .
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#36]
...For those who've not been to the range before, or even if you have and the 'turn at the black dog' directions don't work out, there will be a sign at the driveway to the range whenever I can get it up Friday afternoon....

...If you're a member of the GAHTF you will recognize it....
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wait a damned minute.  Let's not be bringing white sheets to this get together...  

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Wait a damned minute.  Let's not be bringing white sheets to this get together...    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And just why not?  Are you triggered?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Triggering intensifies. . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, I am now totally TERRIFIED. I thought arfcom was a safe space...

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]
....Well, we are almost loaded up and ready to head out....Depending on how well Meme's toy Wrangler handles the loaded trailer (I miss my truck ) we should be there before lunch, say 11:00ish......I promised her I wouldn't break her toy so I'm not trying for any speed records.......

.....See y'all there.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll be there around dark.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#43]
We are leaving before 1300 and will be there as soon as traffic allows.  We think 2.5 hours trip.  
Have the Polaris, too.  Me +2 over 21 y.o.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll be heading out after FedEx drops off and a few other things tied up around my end.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#45]
leaving shortly.  will be there around 11am
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm out. Horrific sinus infection has got me down. Have fun.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#47]
!!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!  !!!ATTENTION!!!

They are currently doing road work on Hwy 441 south of I-20. I was stuck in traffic for well over 15 minutes before I bailed this morning and went another way. If you are coming to the shoot, out I-20, and plan to get off at exit #114, it would be best to turn right onto Pierce Dairy Rd. which is the road right next to the TA Truckstop, immediately south of I-20 on the right hand side of 441 as you head south. Follow it til it ends then turn right, and go about a mile to the range. I don't know if they'll be working tomorrow, or how late they'll be working tonight, but the Pierce Dairy drive is MUCH nicer anyway. Except for: if you are coming after dark, WATCH OUT FOR DEER!!!

ETA: Pierce Dairy is the paved road that runs beside the TA on the south side of the truckstop. You do not want the dirt road that borders the TA on the north side.

This has been a public service announcement for all those attending the Fall Shoot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Be heading out in an hour or so. Should be there around 5ish i guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Just lost all brakes on the motor home. Looks like I ain't gonna make it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I am headed out around 630am Saturday set to arrive before 8am-
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top