User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
cool.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yall accept ferniers?

I'm originally from GA but the wife is a coonass, and the daughter is from MS.

I have several homebuilt Larue rifles with MBT's that I will likely be bringing with.  Might have to bring the pistol lower as I don't think I can get my transport paperwork back in time for the SBR's.

Will likely be camping out Friday and Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yall accept ferniers?

I have several homebuilt Larue rifles with MBT's that I will likely be bringing with.  Might have to bring the pistol lower as I don't think I can get my transport paperwork back in time for the SBR's.

View Quote
I'll vouch for him. Wait, that might not help.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

View Quote

Directions sent via return IM.

ETA: before I read this post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yall accept ferniers?

View Quote
Is it just you, or are you bringing any extra folks? Trying to keep a good record of attendees. :D
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

...Ditto on the vouching.....It only took Eagle, what....four times......reminding me he's a Jawja boy.....but I remember that now....

...Oh, and yer wecum ta sit a spell et the fir and spin yaruns....I'll add you to the list...Bringing any other ferniers wid ya?...
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Depending on scheduling (business) may attend +2.  Would be glad to RO.  (as you can see, I've already been shot)

What are the ranges like - distances/configurations - to help in firearm selection to load up for the long damned trip from Ball Ground...

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
And on the AE site, the menu items are white on white in my Chrome browser.  If I hover, they are light gray and I can see them...

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Depending on scheduling (business) may attend +2.  Would be glad to RO.  (as you can see, I've already been shot)

What are the ranges like - distances/configurations - to help in firearm selection to load up for the long damned trip from Ball Ground...

View Quote

....I'll add you +2 to the "provisional" list....
...As for ranges, 100, 150 and 200 yard rifle and a pistol range to one side....Ehhhh, just bring em all....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

...As for ranges, 100, 150 and 200 yard rifle and a pistol range to one side....Ehhhh, just bring em all....
View Quote
Unfortunately, I lost every gun and all my ammo in a tragic boating accident.  Had I not, it would be VERY impractical to attempt to load them ALL.

Just got confirmation from the +2 and my wife did not beat me (again) when I asked permission.  So it is looking very likely...
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it just you, or are you bringing any extra folks? Trying to keep a good record of attendees. :D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

Myself, wife and 7 yo daughter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...Ditto on the vouching.....It only took Eagle, what....four times......reminding me he's a Jawja boy.....but I remember that now....

...Oh, and yer wecum ta sit a spell et the fir and spin yaruns....I'll add you to the list...Bringing any other ferniers wid ya?...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

Just confirmed with the wife.  Three of us.  Any facilities onsite, toilets/showers, port o pots?  Chef isn't real big on "camping" but I may still be able to swing that part.  She is looking into getting a hotel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I can bring a Polaris 4 wheeler (the one from Lights Out movie, in fact).  Would that be appropriate and helpful?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I can bring a Polaris 4 wheeler (the one from Lights Out movie, in fact).  Would that be appropriate and helpful?
View Quote
I can bring a toro electric work cart if needed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just confirmed with the wife.  Three of us.  Any facilities onsite, toilets/showers, port o pots?  Chef isn't real big on "camping" but I may still be able to swing that part.  She is looking into getting a hotel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

....As for facilities, there will be at least one porta-john....Showers are not a fixture there (yet) but the wife and I set up the 'Tent Mahal' and we'll have a camp shower enclosure da Boss is welcome to use....you'll just have heat your own water...

....Seriously, other than a porta-john it's really primitive camping at this point....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're welcome to, but the parking area is, at most, rock throwing distance from the firing line....The camping/eating area is further away but not far enough to break a sweat or get short of breath getting there...Probably 150-200 yards max from firing line to camping area with parking in between....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....See above on distances....Your welcome to bring it though....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

....As for facilities, there will be at least one porta-john....Showers are not a fixture there (yet) but the wife and I set up the 'Tent Mahal' and we'll have a camp shower enclosure da Boss is welcome to use....you'll just have heat your own water...

....Seriously, other than a porta-john it's really primitive camping at this point....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall accept ferniers?

Appreciate it.  Might pick up one of those solar water heater bottles for her then.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Appears I'm free that weekend. I would love to come shoot a bit. Or a lot. :)
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

....You're welcome to come shoot as much, or little, as you like....even if it's just the breeze....

[snotty maitre d' voice]...And how many will there be in your party Sir?..[/snotty maitre d' voice]

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Thinking about coming, but not sure if I should bring the family. I've got a 1 year old - is that an issue? Should I leave her and the wife at home?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And on the AE site, the menu items are white on white in my Chrome browser.  If I hover, they are light gray and I can see them...  
View Quote

Let me take a look- are you not seeing the grey and black background underneath when the page renders?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thinking about coming, but not sure if I should bring the family. I've got a 1 year old - is that an issue? Should I leave her and the wife at home?
View Quote

If you planned to camp, you'd have a spot for the wife and youngin' to hang out at that should not require ear or eye protection, while you are shooting. For that matter, you could be in the camping area with the tyke, while your wife goes to shoot. The main camping/cooking/dining area is 100+ yards from the firing line, with a little bit of a treeline between, to help buffer the noise too. There is a pond near the firing line that you'd want to keep in mind, should Jr. join you in the vicinity of the firing line. We certainly don't need any accidental issues involving water!

All in all, I'd say bring the family. It'll be a bit of a burden, but the Fall Shoot is certainly not 100% about seeing how many times you can pull a trigger. There's campfires in the evening with plenty of tall tales to share and/or disbelieve! We encourage families to use the range, as long as they keep the youngsters from running wild!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

....You're welcome to come shoot as much, or little, as you like....even if it's just the breeze....

[snotty maitre d' voice]...And how many will there be in your party Sir?..[/snotty maitre d' voice]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just myself and some rifles :)
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91172  

Awesome !! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Let me take a look- are you not seeing the grey and black background underneath when the page renders?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I use a VERTICAL monitor.  The bg image is not big enough:

It does not align to the top of the page, it aligns to the center.  So when the screen is taller than the graphic, it leaves the text light/illegible.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91204

It does not align to the top of the page, it aligns to the center.  So when the screen is taller than the graphic, it leaves the text light/illegible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91204

OOooooooo.....I had it anchored in the middle. Try it now. :D

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

OOooooooo.....I had it anchored in the middle. Try it now. :D  
View Quote
Excellent. My two bottom monitors are vertical 24" and the two top are horizontal 24".  Plays havoc with web sites.  What are you doing the site in??

You are a hero!  Have an Avatar!

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#32]
SORRY FOR THE HIJACK, now we return you to your regularly-scheduled program on the Fall Shoot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
SORRY FOR THE HIJACK, now we return you to your regularly-scheduled program on the Fall Shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#34]
i'm in, but with the date moved people that wanted to go are going to have to reshift work schedules, so not sure who and how many at this point, i'll update later this week
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i'm in, but with the date moved people that wanted to go are going to have to reshift work schedules, so not sure who and how many at this point, i'll update later this week
View Quote

date hasn't changed.  still the 23rd-25th of september.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like we won't be camping, staying at the Super 8 near 20.  Can't wait to get to do some shooting and socialize a bit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks like we won't be camping, staying at the Super 8 near 20.  Can't wait to get to do some shooting and socialize a bit.
View Quote

You'll be sleeping about 6 miles from the range. Plenty close enough to be found round the campfire til the wee hours. I talked to a guy at my shop today who was staying with his wife at the Super 8 last night and tonight. He claimed it was nothing to write home about, but certainly decent enough. He stayed there with his wife last year too. She was, and is, taking a furthering education class to maintain her court recorder license. These were not low rent folks.

I took that as a reasonably positive endorsement. Maybe not quite as enticing as camping out with the HTF, but absolutely head and shoulders above either of our crack no-tell motels!!!

Oh, and FWIW, Madison/Morgan County is a VERY safe place to live or visit. I'd feel comfortable in 95%+ of the city limits, and 99.9% of the county night or day 24/7. I often do jewelry repair til 2:00-3:00am at my pawnshop, downtown a block from the square, with the front door standing wide open for the breeze. Granted over half of the ne'er-do-wells around here are my customers. But if you were to run out of gas here, even the worst of them are more likely to give you a ride to the gas station, and then a ride back to your car, and hope for a nice tip, rather than to do you wrong, including the ones at either of the crack no-tell motels. Heck if you ran out in front of the motels, they'd prolly fight each other trying to be the one to help you, so they could get the tip, for another rock!!!

I'm glad you can bring the family. Oh, and if the wifey is interested, downtown Madison is filled with antebellum mansions, and lots of boutique & antique type shops, if she wants to get away from the range for a bit. Have her Google Madison, GA, to get an idea of where she'll be. Downtown Madison will be about 4-5 miles north of your hotel. It really is a cool place!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Glad to have you.  Here's an avatar so we can keep track of where you are from.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You'll be sleeping about 6 miles from the range. Plenty close enough to be found round the campfire til the wee hours. I talked to a guy at my shop today who was staying with his wife at the Super 8 last night and tonight. He claimed it was nothing to write home about, but certainly decent enough. He stayed there with his wife last year too. She was, and is, taking a furthering education class to maintain her court recorder license. These were not low rent folks.

I took that as a reasonably positive endorsement. Maybe not quite as enticing as camping out with the HTF, but absolutely head and shoulders above either of our crack no-tell motels!!!

Oh, and FWIW, Madison/Morgan County is a VERY safe place to live or visit. I'd feel comfortable in 95%+ of the city limits, and 99.9% of the county night or day 24/7. I often do jewelry repair til 2:00-3:00am at my pawnshop, downtown a block from the square, with the front door standing wide open for the breeze. Granted over half of the ne'er-do-wells around here are my customers. But if you were to run out of gas here, even the worst of them are more likely to give you a ride to the gas station, and then a ride back to your car, and hope for a nice tip, rather than to do you wrong, including the ones at either of the crack no-tell motels. Heck if you ran out in front of the motels, they'd prolly fight each other trying to be the one to help you, so they could get the tip, for another rock!!!

I'm glad you can bring the family. Oh, and if the wifey is interested, downtown Madison is filled with antebellum mansions, and lots of boutique & antique type shops, if she wants to get away from the range for a bit. Have her Google Madison, GA, to get an idea of where she'll be. Downtown Madison will be about 4-5 miles north of your hotel. It really is a cool place!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most all of GA is GTG in my book.  I'm originally from Metter, "Everything is better in Metter."    Dad's side of the family is all from Vidallia Onion country (Tattnal/Toombs area), Mom's side of the family is all from N GA, Rabun county.  My great Grandfather purchased the original plots of land that would become Black Rock Mountain State Park.  My grandfather went to Augusta Medical School and later had his practice for many years in Douglasville.

Wife originally had reservations in Covington but I told her to change that as it was 45 miles away.  One of the selling points for this trip was as I told you via IM.  Sure enough it worked.  I take it the big circular driveway/road is Pierce Dairy, easily seen from the satellite view.  I'm sure she will venture off and do some shopping.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91246
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91246

Thanks that is pretty cool.  Didn't notice the flashy eyes at first.

Not from MS, just where I hang my hat for now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Most all of GA is GTG in my book.  I'm originally from Metter, "Everything is better in Metter."    Dad's side of the family is all from Vidallia Onion country (Tattnal/Toombs area), Mom's side of the family is all from N GA, Rabun county.  My great Grandfather purchased the original plots of land that would become Black Rock Mountain State Park.  My grandfather went to Augusta Medical School and later had his practice for many years in Douglasville.

Wife originally had reservations in Covington but I told her to change that as it was 45 miles away.  One of the selling points for this trip was as I told you via IM.  Sure enough it worked.  I take it the big circular driveway/road is Pierce Dairy, easily seen from the satellite view.  I'm sure she will venture off and do some shopping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actually the old Thomas-Bennett Dairy, which is now some sort of a private corporate retreat. They own the land behind me, as well as the land across the street from me. At one time there were over 400 dairies in this county. We now have less than 30.

You are FAR better off staying here in Madison, and she relly will enjoy herself if she chooses to explore the downtown district while you are busy with manly pursuits out at the range. Assuming, of course, that she enjoys prowling thru antique shops, and girly shops. There are plenty of places to eat downtown too. It's all very picturesque, and plenty to do and see within easy walking distance. Make sure she brings a stroller for the kid. Extra room on the stroller for toting all the trinkets she can't pass up is advisable....

ETA: look up Steve's Place, 165 W Washington St. Madison, GA 30650. I'll be closed that day, being a one man band that will be out at the range for the festivities, but it'll be a pretty good place for her to park that's fairly centrally located. FYI: they seldom enforce the two hour parking rule on the weekends, but if she's in my parking lot she won't have to worry about that!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Thanks that is pretty cool.  Didn't notice the flashy eyes at first.

Not from MS, just where I hang my hat for now.
View Quote

I try to keep the animation subtle. Don't want to trigger seizures. unless they are Hillary voters
We will update it when you move...

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I AM IN!!!!!

I finally decided you bastards are worth 42 hours of used vacation time.

My job change isn't happening right away and my vacation time re-loads in early November.  I have 47 hours left and using 42 of it to hang out, shoot the shit, shoot the guns, drink some beer, and partake in more campfire antics with you bunch of misfits.

Will roll in Friday late morning to help set up and get things going.

Any work days yet Draconis?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I AM IN!!!!!

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/Meme/in_zps17hex0pv.gif

My job change isn't happening right away and my vacation time re-loads in early November.  I have 47 hours left and using 42 of it to hang out, shoot the shit, shoot the guns, drink some beer, and partake in more campfire antics with you bunch of misfits.

View Quote

Good. One more regular on board.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I AM IN!!!!!

View Quote

....Fantastic.....Good you can make it after all, though I don't think we can top the campfire shenanigans of the Spring Shoot at RGR....We can only hope to tie...

....As for work days, I was studying on this weekend but it looks to be a wet one so I had planned to try next weekend.....I'll start a separate thread soon on workdays and the list of goals we want to get done before the 24th.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

....Fantastic.....Good you can make it after all, though I don't think we can top the campfire shenanigans of the Spring Shoot at RGR....We can only hope to tie...

....As for work days, I was studying on this weekend but it looks to be a wet one so I had planned to try next weekend.....I'll start a separate thread soon on workdays and the list of goals we want to get done before the 24th.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I AM IN!!!!!

The range will definitely need to be mowed.  Tall weeds have taken over.  I cleared some 2 weeks ago so I could see at least 1 plate at 200 from the far left bench.  If anyone knows anyone with a brush hog style mower, that would be good.  This is my weekend off this coming weekend.  Busy Friday and Saturday, but I do have Sunday and Monday off.   The next would be my weekend on.  

Emu, is there a sunbelt rental or equivalent in Madison we can get a bush hog mower on the cheap?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like I can make it this year, so it'll be doomtrprz71+3 adults.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The range will definitely need to be mowed.  Tall weeds have taken over.  I cleared some 2 weeks ago so I could see at least 1 plate at 200 from the far left bench.  If anyone knows anyone with a brush hog style mower, that would be good.  This is my weekend off this coming weekend.  Busy Friday and Saturday, but I do have Sunday and Monday off.   The next would be my weekend on.  

Emu, is there a sunbelt rental or equivalent in Madison we can get a bush hog mower on the cheap?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I AM IN!!!!!

Just south of I-20 on hwy 441, pretty much across the street from Tractor Supply. I believe it's called Madison Rentals. I have no idea how "on the cheap" it might be though.....

Sure am glad you can make it!!! It would be a shame for one of the most regular users of the range to miss the Fall Shoot!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If'n it ain't too late.....I am gonna try and drag my sorry ass up Saturday.....and bring toys and ammo......and My wife Kim may make it as well......was hoping to make the whole weekend...but we'll be in the middle of Knob Creek prep...
I'll have an AR45 on a postie lower.....with the new adapter and mags.......and a Glock mag 9mm postie subgun as well.....
View Quote

.....Sooooo, if'n we brings some factory .45 and some 9mm do we get to play with your toys?.......Might go a ways to convincing the Accountant that at least one of them needs to be on the wishlist if she plays with one....

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top