Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 10:39:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know in the Byron or Warner Robins area where I can get my Daniel Defense DDMK18 engraved? I called Clyde Armory in Warner Robins this past Saturday and spoke with one of the guys who works there and they didn't know where I can get my rifle engraved.

Any help is appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I vaguely remember mad machinist telling someone he could do it. (Macon area).  

I've sent all mine to Chuck Smyder (cs223 here I think) in Alachua fl.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I vaguely remember mad machinist telling someone he could do it. (Macon area).  

I've sent all mine to Chuck Smyder (cs223 here I think) in Alachua fl.
View Quote
I'll Google search for this area and see what I can come up with. I just moved up here to Peach County/Byron area but I am close to the Warner Robins side of town.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
l Google search for this area and see what I can come up with. I just moved up here to Peach County/Byron area but I am close to the Warner Robins side of town.

View Quote

There is a guy on 247 next to the rifleman but I don't think his engraving is deep enough.  Might give Oak Ridge a call and see who they recommend
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is a guy on 247 next to the rifleman but I don't think his engraving is deep enough.  Might give Oak Ridge a call and see who they recommend
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

l Google search for this area and see what I can come up with. I just moved up here to Peach County/Byron area but I am close to the Warner Robins side of town.

I'll give Oak Ridge to see what they recommend or maybe have a Gun Smith on site that'll do it. I been by Oak Ridge when they were close wanted to stop in to see what they offer. Have you had experience with them?

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll give Oak Ridge to see what they recommend or maybe have a Gun Smith on site that'll do it. I been by Oak Ridge when they were close wanted to stop in to see what they offer. Have you had experience with them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of my customers have dealt with them. They are the only place that I know of that offers actual gunsmithing in the area.  I think they are kinda expensive but seem to do good work from what I've heard.  You may also contact Rudy at Macon Armory to see if he has anyone that he recommends.  If you need any type of Pistol Caliber AR stuff, he's the go to guy in the area.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
They are not in your area, but I had a great experience with Tar Heel State Firearms.  Really quick turn around.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Accurate Ordinance did a few for me. Awesome work!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Some of my customers have dealt with them. They are the only place that I know of that offers actual gunsmithing in the area.  I think they are kinda expensive but seem to do good work from what I've heard.  You may also contact Rudy at Macon Armory to see if he has anyone that he recommends.  If you need any type of Pistol Caliber AR stuff, he's the go to guy in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll write them down as well to see what they recommend around the area I don't mind going up to Macon if they recommend a great place for me to visit.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll write them down as well. Thank you.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They are not in your area, but I had a great experience with Tar Heel State Firearms.  Really quick turn around.
View Quote

Not sure if I want to send out my rifle part but it'll be a option.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks, man.  Since we did yours we now have a laser engraver.  No need to coat the lower if someone doesn't want to.  We've even used the laser to do fine engravings inside the trigger guard area.  Woody was goofing with the laser one day and even engraved a picture of his face on a magazine.  He threatened to do that on mine, but he was nice and just did our logo instead.  LOL.

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Services/Engraving/IMG_20160712_153153%20Large_zpstdkho4cw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Services/Engraving/IMG_20160712_153153%20Large_zpstdkho4cw.jpg</a>

Mark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, man.  Since we did yours we now have a laser engraver.  No need to coat the lower if someone doesn't want to.  We've even used the laser to do fine engravings inside the trigger guard area.  Woody was goofing with the laser one day and even engraved a picture of his face on a magazine.  He threatened to do that on mine, but he was nice and just did our logo instead.  LOL.

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Services/Engraving/IMG_20160712_153153%20Large_zpstdkho4cw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Services/Engraving/IMG_20160712_153153%20Large_zpstdkho4cw.jpg</a>

Mark

Hey Mark.  Can you do polymer?  I have a CZ Scorpion that needs to be engraved.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep.  We can engrave, etch and mark with our laser.  The trick with plastic is to not burn too hot, too fast.  We've done several Scorpions.

Mark
View Quote

What part of town are you in?  I'll need to get a lower and suppressor done in the next several months.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We're in Winder.  Accurate Ordnance.

:-)
View Quote

Good to see you still running around here.  One of my customers came walking in with one of your .338 Lapua rifles the other day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Tried few more places around here and no one knows where I can send my SBR to get it engraved. And I am told by a local gun retail store that I don't need my SBR engraved fully just the serial number and my first and last name just needs to be on it? So not sure who needs to be done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

We're in Winder.  Accurate Ordnance.

:-)
View Quote

I'll write to you soon in the next coming week where I can come and drop off the SBR for engraving. If so can you do it in the same day if not busy with work orders before me?

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Best place I have found if you are willing to ship is Tarheel State Firearms.  I don't know of anything in your area without traveling up into Atlanta.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Tried few more places around here and no one knows where I can send my SBR to get it engraved. And I am told by a local gun retail store that I don't need my SBR engraved fully just the serial number and my first and last name just needs to be on it? So not sure who needs to be done.
View Quote

You can reuse the existing serial number on the rifle and any caliber markings, you must add your name or the trust name and your city and state.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is Mad Machinists site....He used to spend alot of time in the hometown forum but lately he has been posting more in his inductry forum for macon armory.

http://www.maconarmory.com/contact-us/
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You can reuse the existing serial number on the rifle and any caliber markings, you must add your name or the trust name and your city and state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Full details are in the SBR forum, FYI.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top