Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2016 7:20:08 PM EDT
I have a leak from the top seal of my windshield on a dodge ram. You can hear the wind coming in at highway speeds and water leaks in when it rains really hard. Does anyone know if the entire windshield would need to be replaced or can it just be resealed or something? The windshield was previously replaced about 10 years ago by the stealership.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd call Safelite. They replace the gasket when they put the new windshield in. I presume they have a ready supply of gaskets, and certainly have the know-how and tools.

Might call the stealership, and see if they do a lifetime warranty on stuff like that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Windshields have an adhesive sealer than keeps it water/air tight, then a moulding is put around it. They might be able to reseal the leaking area by applying more adhesive, if they can't you will have to replace the windshield. Very seldom do they come out without breaking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
from my experience, they will go ahead and replace the entire windshield because of the way the gasket comes on it.  attempts at resealing the old one will most likely leak again.  this coming from a glass shop that replaced my windshield under warranty because the first one leaked, so it's not like they were just trying to make more money off of me
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top