Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quick little update here, I went to Paul to have my engraving done and holy hell was that an experience.  First off, his laser engraving is great.  Second, he makes suppressors, brakes, flashhiders, ammo, thread protectors, threading barrels....pretty much anything you can think of he can do.  I now have a list of stuff I plan on working with him to get done soon, first off some barrels threaded.  I think I ended up spending an hour in his shop getting a tour and his people talking to me in each section about the stuff they were working on.

It's $60 for the first engraving, $50 every time afterwards since he has your info saved into his system.  He does is right where you can watch the whole thing.  If you get something done, ask him to rub some hydraulic fluid on the engraving as it re-blackens it roughly 90%, I mentioned getting that area re-blackened at some point and he wandered out and back in with some on his finger and took care of it right there.

All in all, it was an awesome experience as I never thought I would see suppressors, brakes, barrels, and other stuff being built in person like I did today.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quick little update here, I went to Paul to have my engraving done and holy hell was that an experience.  First off, his laser engraving is great.  Second, he makes suppressors, brakes, flashhiders, ammo, thread protectors, threading barrels....pretty much anything you can think of he can do.  I now have a list of stuff I plan on working with him to get done soon, first off some barrels threaded.  I think I ended up spending an hour in his shop getting a tour and his people talking to me in each section about the stuff they were working on.

It's $60 for the first engraving, $50 every time afterwards since he has your info saved into his system.  He does is right where you can watch the whole thing.  If you get something done, ask him to rub some hydraulic fluid on the engraving as it re-blackens it roughly 90%, I mentioned getting that area re-blackened at some point and he wandered out and back in with some on his finger and took care of it right there.

All in all, it was an awesome experience as I never thought I would see suppressors, brakes, barrels, and other stuff being built in person like I did today.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

laser engraving?  (not for your NFA item, right?)
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Real genius laser, not Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine getting done there....Pretty cool to watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_Upj455ZU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

gotcha... I watched the video.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Getting 2 lowers engraved tomorrow at Insert Molding Solutions tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went by Insert Molding Systems yesterday and had two lowers engraved. Two lowers from the Georgia Forum group buy a number of years ago. Could not be happier. Paul and Lonnie are real friendly and they will let you watch the engraving process. Their business is right off of 400.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top