Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2016 9:56:10 PM EDT
Ok, this going to be a bit long-winded but please bear with me.....I'm a writer, have been since I was in junior high school...some of my stuff has been published in no-name literary magazines (high school, college, nothing that ever paid) and when a story hits me, it hits like a 2X4 between the eyes...I can SEE the story from beginning to end, complete with details...The challenge is to try to get it on paper before the light dims...

Now, I say that only to explain that Friday, that 2x4 hit me between the eyes....HARD...but this time it wasn't a written story, but a video story....and I need help to make it.

I've put together the rough beginning, but to make it a reality, I would need a LOT of help if anyone is up for it...I won't go into details on what the story is, you can tell some of it from what I've got so far...

The help I need is people, with weapons and all of the tactical gear you can muster...camo, body armor, anyone ex-mil that have as much full battle rattle available, LEO appearing gear...and people...Families, friends, like-minded individuals, kids, wives/girlfriends....If anyone has a high quality video camera that's a plus....I promise, no live fire and completely safe...Nothing crazy...

Bottom line, watch what I've got and let me know if any of you would be willing to help me make this a reality...For all I know, it will be a dud...or you could be part of something that might, just might, make some sort of difference...

It's political to the max degree...but something tells me I HAVE to do this......

Video link if it doesn't show below

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For some reason the video never loads aside from the opening dialogue. Youtube maybe? I'm interested.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For some reason the video never loads aside from the opening dialogue. Youtube maybe? I'm interested.
View Quote

That's just it.....I need people for the rest of it....Friends, family, wives/girlfriends, kids....The more the better....A key role for a 8-10 year old (nothing nightmare inducing or dangerous) that's pivotal to the storyline....LEOs/military (current or former)...

I can see it soooo clearly, but it takes a few hours of other people's time one Saturday morning....
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know if you need a fat, tatted, bearded biker that spent time in the Corps. I also have a 12 year old son.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
That looks a lot like the shit that has been running though my head for 30 years. Is it this saturday, or when? I'd be interested and I think my 9 year old would be too, he already hits the range with me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let me know if you need a fat, tatted, bearded biker that spent time in the Corps. I also have a 12 year old son.
View Quote

Definitely...I'm thinking of using the Angry Emu range for location...and thinking Saturday 23 July for a date...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That looks a lot like the shit that has been running though my head for 30 years. Is it this saturday, or when? I'd be interested and I think my 9 year old would be too, he already hits the range with me.
View Quote

See above...Thinking 23 July at the AER....If you have friends or wives/girlfriends that would be interested, bring them along too....
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, gotta work on the 23rd.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]
RB USPSA match that day.

Edit, never mind, figured out AER.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
RB USPSA match that day.

Edit, never mind, figured out AER.

View Quote

Hmmmm, didn't know about the USPSA match.....How about 30 July?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about 30 July?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How about 30 July?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about 30 July?
That could work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
30th might be better , I have some gear and uniforms and did time in the army . I have an 19 year old son . We were even both in the lights out trailer . I have done other extra stuff as well as video demonstrations for other tv and court
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#13]
As ofright nownothing going on on the 30th. I have zero LE or millitary experience and no tactical  stuff, in fact i dont use the term,but i have a few guns ??
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
30th might be better , I have some gear and uniforms and did time in the army . I have an 19 year old son . We were even both in the lights out trailer . I have done other extra stuff as well as video demonstrations for other tv and court
View Quote

Outstanding....Bring your son too, if he wants to take part..

..I won't claim this will have any relationship to a 'professional' set up as you've probably been part of, but there is something driving me to do this...I don't know why, but it won't go away....
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As ofright nownothing going on on the 30th. I have zero LE or millitary experience and no tactical  stuff, in fact i dont use the term,but i have a few guns ??
View Quote

Thanks....Come on if you can and bring whatever you can....rifles, bolt action, shotguns, pistols....It will be a mix-match of weapons in what I want to show....
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That could work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 30 July?
That could work.

....As a Marine, I KNOW you've got at least one shirt or hat showing that.....That would be a good touch if you do....

...For anyone else that is former/current military or LEO, a hat, shirt, etc. that shows your affiliation is a plus...Not required by any means, but that would also help make the point I'm going for...

...Also, for anyone that has maybe this or that gear (say you have two vests or facemasks), if you don't mind bringing it and possibly sharing it with someone, that would also be a help...

..I don't think weapons will have to be shared with this bunch...everyone probably has more than enough...  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you need a belt fed for this adventure ?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Do you need a belt fed for this adventure ?
View Quote
If that's the question, "yes" is always the answer!  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Definitely...I'm thinking of using the Angry Emu range for location...and thinking Saturday 23 July for a date...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLLOL

When I read your first post, I was going to offer the range, and my property, as a place to film, if you wanted.....  

FWIW: consider this post as having my official written permission!!!

Don't think for one second that you needed to ask for my permission, though. Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, it's as much YOUR range as it is mine!!! I'm honored you wanted to film it here!

I'll see if Emu Jr. can lend a hand too. Unfortunately I'll likely be at the shop.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Having seen your diverse creative talents on display for the past year or so, I'm prepared to be blown away!!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I will check with the wife. I've been wanting to get to a htf function for a while. Plenty of old bdus, dcus, and acus hanging around here.

If it's a go I can try to get the old Humvee up and running as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will check with the wife. I've been wanting to get to a htf function for a while. Plenty of old bdus, dcus, and acus hanging around here.

If it's a go I can try to get the old Humvee up and running as well.
View Quote

Don't worry about the Humvee, but you are more than welcome to join in.....Actually, I suppose this isn't exactly a HTF function, I'm just tapping HTF personnel for my own selfish needs...

....but I gotta ask.....what's a bdus, dcus and acus?....I'm prepared to feel the idiot for asking but I can't puzzle them out...

ETA: Yeah, I feel the idiot....the 's' at the end threw me off for some reason .....If you have a few sets that you wouldn't mind loaning to the cause, they'd be welcome...

.....And if you have any family or friends that would be interested we can't have too many people on the OPFOR side of this I don't think....OPFOR side being those in plate carriers, tac vests and camo for this little enterprise...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOLLOL

When I read your first post, I was going to offer the range, and my property, as a place to film, if you wanted.....  

Don't think for one second that you needed to ask for my permission, though. Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, it's as much YOUR range as it is mine!!! I'm honored you wanted to film it here!

I'll see if Emu Jr. can lend a hand too. Unfortunately I'll likely be at the shop.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Having seen your diverse creative talents on display for the past year or so, I'm prepared to be blown away!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLLOL

....I hoped you wouldn't mind..... Actually, when I saw this in my head, it was at AER sooooo, yeah....

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]
My crappy grammar is probably to blame. ACU's, BDU's, and DCU's are types of camouflage. Digital, woodland, and desert respectively. They were my uniforms while I was in the Army.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My crappy grammar is probably to blame. ACU's, BDU's, and DCU's are types of camouflage. Digital, woodland, and desert respectively. They were my uniforms while I was in the Army.
View Quote

Yep, see my edit above...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

....I hoped you wouldn't mind..... Actually, when I saw this in my head, it was at AER sooooo, yeah....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLLOL

Seeing your "storyboard" video, there are several picturesque locations on the property that could make cool, and diverse "meeting locations" for different groups of 2A'ers. If you'd like to come out some Sunday afternoon between now and the filming, I can give you the guided tour of the place, so you can see those multiple locations, if that fits in with what's in your head..... OR if you plan to just use the AER, that's cool too!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in for either date.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't have any gear besides rifle and sidearm, but if you need a warm body, I'm down.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Medic and ceetee, thanks...Hope to see you both there on 30 July (weather permitting).....
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Well DAMN!
If the soundtrack of that vimeo vid is anything to go by, it will be great. Looks like a good story.
I'll know by this weekend if I'm open on the 30th or not. I'd join in as well. All I have is a rifle and a pistol - nothing tacticool...I was at the Lights Out trailer shoot as well. My acting abilities is sorta Conan the Barbarian like - Safety on/ Safety off
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well DAMN!
If the soundtrack of that vimeo vid is anything to go by, it will be great. Looks like a good story.
I'll know by this weekend if I'm open on the 30th or not. I'd join in as well. All I have is a rifle and a pistol - nothing tacticool...I was at the Lights Out trailer shoot as well. My acting abilities is sorta Conan the Barbarian like - Safety on/ Safety off
View Quote

..Here's hoping you can make it boerseun.....Whatever ya' got is plenty good enough....
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#31]
It's looking good for 30 July to video at AER for anyone interested or willing....Right now the weather forecast is partly cloudy to overcast with a slight chance of showers....Hopefully, that will keep the temp down....

I would like to start by 10:00 so we can he done by the time it heats up.....I'm looking for 4-6 people to look the part of enforcement agents and at least 6 weekend shooters..

...As mentioned in the original post, tactical vests/plate carriers/body armor is a plus, if you have a black tee shirt and jeans that would probably be easier to come by than enough mil style camo for everyone.....

....Weapons can by anything, CQB rifles are a plus but AR style, shotgun and pistol, even bolt action for the weekend shooters is fine...

....Thanks again for the help.....I hope I can make everyone proud to be a part of this.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like I'm in. I think I have a few things you listed I can bring.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Just a bump back up near the top.

......We are still on and the weather looks good for this little production.....Any and all are welcome, even if not HTF members (IOW bring your neighbor, buddy, friend, wife, girlfriend, brother-in-law, etc.) as long as they don't have a 'Hillary '16' bumpersticker and value the 2nd, they are welcome....
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Draconis- I have an obligation on Saturday, otherwise I would totally be there. Many apologies. If you need it another weekend, I'd love to participate/help out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife and son claim i never told them(I swear i did) and sheshe made plans for us, so if i can get out of them I'll be coming solo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Just a bump up to the top a and a request for a headcount if you don't mind.....Let me know if you will be able to make it this Saturday please...and if you have any like minded friends or family that's coming with you....

....I don't want to waste anyone's time driving all the way to AER and there's only 4 or 5 of us....For this, numbers count or it won't work.....

....Thanks again.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm in for 1.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#38]
In for 1
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I can bring ACU patterned gear, if you are interested. I was thinking of heading to AER to shoot this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can bring ACU patterned gear, if you are interested. I was thinking of heading to AER to shoot this weekend.
View Quote

Thanks on the ACU but I think we're covered on that.....Now if you have a tactical vest or plate carrier that would be good but if not, no problem....See you there....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#41]
OK, I've revamped the plan a little so I think we'll have enough people so we're on for tomorrow.....As posted earlier, if we can get started by 10:00 we can be through before it heats up and those who want to get some range time in will still have time for it...

....Last call for anyone interested in being in the video, be at AER tomorrow before 10:00.....Jeans ( of course you could change afterward if you're staying to shoot), rifles, pistols, CQB weapon if you have it, tactical vest/plate carrier if you have it,  etc.

Thanks again....

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I can bring a few extra guns, but I have no tactical gear at all - unless you count a maxpedition murse
I'll PM you for directions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I just remembered!

There was a crew cutting limbs away from the power lines out here, and I told them that if they were looking for a place to dump the chipper/shredder shavings, I would like some dumped at the pistol range to help with the erosion/mud situation out there. I haven't been out at the range to see if they did so, BUT, from the road it looks like they might have dumped a load or two. Y'all might want to bring a couple of wheelbarrows, and a few rakes and shovels to spread that stuff around, in case it's in the way of where y'all want to film.

Sorry for the surprise, but being the cheap bastard that I are, I just couldn't pass up the free shavings.....

Oh, and I'm not sure if Emu Jr. will be there. He's complaining of flu-like symptoms today. Hopefully he'll be AOK for tomorrow. I know for a fact, that if he's not too toxic, wild horses couldn't keep him away!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just remembered!

There was a crew cutting limbs away from the power lines out here, and I told them that if they were looking for a place to dump the chipper/shredder shavings, I would like some dumped at the pistol range to help with the erosion/mud situation out there. I haven't been out at the range to see if they did so, BUT, from the road it looks like they might have dumped a load or two. Y'all might want to bring a couple of wheelbarrows, and a few rakes and shovels to spread that stuff around, in case it's in the way of where y'all want to film.

Sorry for the surprise, but being the cheap bastard that I are, I just couldn't pass up the free shavings.....

Oh, and I'm not sure if Emu Jr. will be there. He's complaining of flu-like symptoms today. Hopefully he'll be AOK for tomorrow. I know for a fact, that if he's not too toxic, wild horses couldn't keep him away!!!
View Quote

...Shouldn't be in the way for this, but might put a damper on pistol shooting at the Fall Shoot in September.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can bring a few extra guns, but I have no tactical gear at all - unless you count a maxpedition murse
View Quote

Sent you an IM with directions. Feel free to call me at either of the numbers I enclosed if you have questions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

...Shouldn't be in the way for this, but might put a damper on pistol shooting at the Fall Shoot in September.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just remembered!

I'm hoping we'll have a work day or two before the Fall Shoot and be able to take care of it then!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sent you an IM with directions. Feel free to call me at either of the numbers I enclosed if you have questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...I got the IM. I'll be there.
Brining a 12ga and AR15 I haven't had a chance to shoot yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm working tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just remembered!

View Quote

There's at least 1 load there from last week when I was there.  It made good cover for me to stop the plates from shooting back at me while the pistol range.

Couple rakes and 30 minutes and its a non-issue.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I think the first time I've been early for any event since I got married!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top