BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only folks that I could ever imagine feeling awkward around this group of malcontents would be paid informants, my ex-brother-in-law, or an anti-gunner. Though I could well imagine this gregarious band of staunch shooters, converting the anti-gunner into a hardcore pro-2A person before the sun sets!

The paid informant, or my ex-brother-in-law, on the other hand, might feel more comfortable in different surroundings.

Your REAL first name isn't Billy is it....?!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm socially awkward but would like to come

The only folks that I could ever imagine feeling awkward around this group of malcontents would be paid informants, my ex-brother-in-law, or an anti-gunner. Though I could well imagine this gregarious band of staunch shooters, converting the anti-gunner into a hardcore pro-2A person before the sun sets!

The paid informant, or my ex-brother-in-law, on the other hand, might feel more comfortable in different surroundings.

Your REAL first name isn't Billy is it....?!?
Nope I'm not Billy. Def. gonna try and make this one though
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

when is voting over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think we could get a MOD to TACK this.

when is voting over?

hopefully not yet, my weekend off is still down by 3 votes.  as much as I like ya'll I'm not burning 42 hours of vacation time for a HTF shoot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as any of my stamps are approved before then I'll be happy . Waiting on 3 form 1 cans (2 mailed todayyesterday, so I'll see them in 2 years ) and 1 .22 can.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

when is voting over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when is voting over?

....The original intent was to allow voting until the end of July so those who just drop by upon occasion have a shot, but it's looking pretty strong for 24-25 September....

....Sorry Roland..... .....Any chance someone would trade shifts with you?...
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

....The original intent was to allow voting until the end of July so those who just drop by upon occasion have a shot, but it's looking pretty strong for 24-25 September....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

when is voting over?

Nope. Working 2 weekends in row with 3x14 hour days in a row would suck and I wouldn't ask that of my partner and would hope he wouldn't ask that of me.  I'm actively looking for s new job so if that happens the weekend may open up. July isnt over yet so the day may change as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nope. Working 2 weekends in row with 3x14 hour days in a row would suck and I wouldn't ask that of my partner and would hope he wouldn't ask that of me.  I'm actively looking for s new job so if that happens the weekend may open up. July isnt over yet so the day may change as well.
View Quote

Still another month left for the other guy to screw you with 2 weekends in a row for you to call the favor in for the shoot too
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in, any weekend except the 10-11 as I am shooting a match that weekend. Def camping at least Sat night.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a bump to get back on the first page so everyone gets a shot at voting on the date, and knows it's coming up...

.....Looks like the weekend of 24 September is still in the lead....
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Another bump to keep this on the front page.

Coming down the home stretch for voting on the weekend for the Fall Shoot....
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
For anyone on the fence about coming, these are a hell of a lot of fun and you get to lay hands on some really nice equipment. Great people as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For anyone on the fence about coming, these are a hell of a lot of fun and you get to lay hands on some really nice equipment. Great people as well.
View Quote

Yankee transplants that talk trash about the South, stay at home...........
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well said SC....

...Also for those that may be on the fence but wonder if a group of folks with loaded weapons getting together is a good idea, or safe...If you've never been, these events are based on very stringent rules such as:
- no alcohol before or while the range is hot...ever
-Range Safety Officers (RSO) are present and dictate the operation of the shoot
- a safety briefing is given prior to going hot and any violation of the safety rules can result in the violator leaving immediately
- several members are trained to perform first aid (from minor injuries to triage depending on who attends) and a well stocked and designed first aid kit is on hand (thanks again to MedicOC)
- hearing and eye protection is required at the line at all times

...These are just a few of the basics to give you an idea what it's like.....These aren't a bunch of 'Bubbas' walking around with a beer in one hand an loaded weapon in the other...Children are welcome (with supervision based on age) and often attend, and shoot as well....

...When I start the Fall Shoot planning thread, I will also post a list of the AER range rules along with details of when, what, suggestions, etc.....Stay tuned..

....Looks like it's going to be on the weekend of 24 September at this point......Get your votes in if you haven't picked a date....
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well said SC....

...Also for those that may be on the fence but wonder if a group of folks with loaded weapons getting together is a good idea, or safe...If you've never been, these events are based on very stringent rules such as:
- a safety briefing is given prior to going hot and any violation of the safety rules can result in the violator leaving immediately
- several members are trained to perform first aid (from minor injuries to triage depending on who attends) and a well stocked and designed first aid kit is on hand (thanks again to MedicOC)

...These are just a few of the basics to give you an idea what it's like.....These aren't a bunch of 'Bubbas' walking around with a beer in one hand an loaded weapon in the other...Children are welcome (with supervision based on age) and often attend, and shoot as well....

...When I start the Fall Shoot planning thread, I will also post a list of the AER range rules along with details of when, what, suggestions, etc.....Stay tuned..

....Looks like it's going to be on the weekend of 24 September at this point......Get your votes in if you haven't picked a date....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said SC....

I'm gonna go ahead and volunteer to RSO this time since I'm not organizing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm gonna go ahead and volunteer to RSO this time since I'm not organizing.
View Quote

Thanks SC.....Hopefully we can get a few volunteers to be RSOs to share the load.....That way being a RSO doesn't mean 'no shooting for YOU today'....  
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you Southerncross! That is a big help, Weew!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank you Southerncross! That is a big help, Weew!
View Quote

Its the least I can do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I still have a lot of chamber flags from the last time. I can also help RSO like last time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
September 24-25 good for me, but any weekend will work too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#19]
You don't say, Left coast that are better than than group STAY HOME!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I still have a lot of chamber flags from the last time. I can also help RSO like last time.
View Quote

...Thanks Wreck....At least this time, between you and SouthernCross sharing duties, you will each have time to get some shooting in...If any more RSOs want to volunteer, that will lighten the load even more....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

...Thanks Wreck....At least this time, between you and SouthernCross sharing duties, you will each have time to get some shooting in...If any more RSOs want to volunteer, that will lighten the load even more....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top