Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2016 11:36:01 PM EDT
Although we are still sweating the heat of Summer, I thought we could start discussing the upcoming Fall Shoot....

First order of business is voting on a weekend in September so make your choice between now and the end of July....That should give everyone a month (or more) to make arrangements.....

Some historic weather averages for September at AER:
3- 4,  88/64
10-11, 88/60
17-18, 82/59
24-25, 83/61
No guarantee on temps or, as we know, dry versus rain....
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I vote for the DRY weekend!
Last year was wet enough for the next decade's worth of Fall Shoots!!!

Truthfully though, the later we make it the cooler it's likely to be, (and durn me if'n it ain't been HOT so far this year!) as long as we don't encroach on GaHunter's MOA Shoot, which I suspect will be in October sometime. Sing out GaHunter, and let us know when you'd like to do the MOA Shoot!!!

I voted for all of the above, what say the rest of the HTF???
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
In! I'll pick a date after I consult with the Events Coordinator.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you two have a double date last night?  

The Second Annual MOA shoot willl be held on the October 22nd weekend.

I vote for as late as possible to hopefully have cooler temps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The later the better due to temp for sure. This year has been dry so hopefully it carries over to the later months too .
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in of course. Throw my vote onto the majority vote so we can get it done.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Need to order more ammo!
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Anything BUT Sept 24-25, I'm planning on going to Tampa, Fl for the Gun Rights Policy Conference.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I am out on Sept 3-4. My preference is Sept 24-25 for travel scheduling and cooler temps!   Draconis- text me when there is a consensus and I will update other mediums!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I would say later is better . but dry overrules all
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for whenever as long as it doesn't conflict with CWE. Still no definite date on it yet, but they're talking about mid-late october so I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#11]
After looking at the calendar, the weekend of the 30th-2nd would be out more than likely since my wife's birthday is the 30th. I could say it's a work trip, but I may feel guilty on that one .
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like fun. I should be able to attend any date.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Just want to say I'm in.

End of month would work real well for myself.

I'm old and move slow .   Takes time to prepare.

gd
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I have another vote for Sept 24/25.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like 24-25 September is in the lead by a gnat hair.....The plan is to give everyone who's interested a chance to see the thread and vote....I know some people just stop by the forum ever so often instead of daily....
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like 24-25 September is in the lead by a gnat hair.....The plan is to give everyone who's interested a chance to see the thread and vote....I know some people just stop by the forum ever so often instead of daily....
View Quote

I'm clear for all of September. They announced CWE for Mid October.

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]
For those who didn't make it to last year's Fall Shoot, or have never been to the Angry Emu Range, here is the video of the 2015 shoot...Bear in mind, the drive is not the muddy mess it was then as you can see in the photo below as well....Enjoy...

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I used your video, hope you don't mind :D
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
i'll show up whenever
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i'll show up whenever
View Quote

Was wondering where you been!!!!!

I'd durn near cancel the shoot, if I thought you weren't bringing your tater salad!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]
lol, Jodi loves making that for everyone

i usually spend my time trolling facebook and trying to put my personal life back together

but i'm looking forward to the shoot
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I voted for the weekend of the 17th.  

Got a thing already on Saturday the 24th but I live close enough to Emu's that I could probably swing by and say hello.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Got a thing already on Saturday the 24th but I live close enough to Emu's that I could probably swing by and say hello.
View Quote

Don't stick the Pilot this time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sharp rocks at the rear exit are sharp.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry guise, I got the road hazard warranty.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring a decent jack this time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Voted. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Aside from the shooting stuff, what are some things to bring for first timers?  Like bug spray, plenty of water, stuff like that.  I have a 9x9 pop-up canopy tent I can bring for extra shade.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Aside from the shooting stuff, what are some things to bring for first timers?  Like bug spray, plenty of water, stuff like that.  I have a 9x9 pop-up canopy tent I can bring for extra shade.  Thanks.
View Quote
New guy supplies the bourbon and 50 rounds of .22 LR for everyone in attendance.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
New guy supplies the bourbon and 50 rounds of .22 LR for everyone in attendance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well played.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of us that camp Friday and Saturday evening so if you're planning to do that, pack accordingly. Tables, tents, tarps are always welcome.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are a lot of us that camp Friday and Saturday evening so if you're planning to do that, pack accordingly. Tables, tents, tarps are always welcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What SC said....and yeah, bug spray if they love you like they do me...Depending on if you're thinking a day trip on Saturday only or a weekender camping out....Bear in mind if you are camping that this would be considered 'primitive' camping at this point....Lunch Saturday will be provided, but you can bring anything you like to supplement the offerings.....There will be another official thread that will have details on food, start/stop times, range rules, etc once the definite date is set.....which right now looks to be the weekend of the 24th by the voting....
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Well played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played.
Wild Turkey 101 is a crowd pleaser

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By southerncross

I'll bring a decent jack this time.
View Quote
I'll bring the tacoma

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played.
Its like we share a brain or something!  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#35]
If there is a question, Turkey 101 is the answer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good question. As others have stated, a lot depends on when you plan to arrive and when you plan to leave. This is essentially a 3 day event. Friday for setup, Saturday for shooting, Sunday for tear down and clean-up. You are welcome to come as early, and stay as long as you care. Willing hands for Friday and Sunday, are encouraged and appreciated!!!

For the shoot itself: bug spray, plenty of water, and your canopy, are pretty much a requirement!

In addition to the above, as you stated, you'll obviously, want to bring something to the shoot, to shoot! Anything legal is welcome at the shoot, be it Fudd stuff, or tacti-cool. Stamp collectors and their toys are especially welcome!!! There will be plenty of full auto, as well as suppressed firearms, in attendance. Be forewarned that we may, or may not, have a visit from local LEOs (some of which may be there because they're my buddies and I invited them) so applicable paperwork on some of the cooler items might save you from 'splainin' from the backseat of a patrol car. NOT a likely happenstance, but, if someone sneaks in something that is not legal, and they get caught, they'll get NO sympathy from me.....

You'll need to bring more ammo than you expect to shoot, if for no other reason than you'll prolly run across some other folks' cool stuff you'd like to try out (a common and expected occurrence), and it'd be nice not to have to bum ammo to do so. You'll likely be there all day, and one can go thru a LOT of ammo in 12 hours or so!

Eye and ear protection will be required, (duh) and please have chamber flags for each of your firearms. With that many weapons in one place, safety is number one! Range officers can know at a glance that a weapon is unloaded and safe, if the required chamber flag is in place. Simple and cheap chamber flags can be made from weedeater string and duct tape.

A table, or tarp, or gun rack to keep from having to lay your firearms in the dirt would be advisable, as well as a chair to park your bottom on. These are nearly necessities.

If you have a reasonably quiet generator (Can you say Honda 2000, or similar small, suitcase type genny?) it will excellent for plugging a fan into, under your canopy, to make the anticipated heat of the day, much more bearable.

Sunscreen might be advisable as well. It'll likely be a looong hot day, with LOTS of sunshine, unless we have another one like last year....

If you care to camp, bring what you need to make yourself comfortable. There will be plenty of room for tents, travel trailers, pop ups, or just sleep in the back of your vehicle. As Draconis stated, we are currently only set up for "primitive" camping. Electricity (unless Glockfan brings his massive diesel genny again) and water are not available........ YET. There are plans to make a full blown campground out there, as funds and labor allow.

As Draconis said, food arrangements will be discussed at length in a new thread, soon.

That's all I can think of right off. There's no such thing as a dumb question. Hopefully others will fill in stuff I didn't think of!!!

Oh yeah, and Wild Turkey 101 is considered very acceptable, or any other adult beverage of your choice, but only AFTER the range is shut down for the day!  
Speaking of which, there will likely be a campfire with plenty of tall tales, and tall drinks too, both Friday and Saturday nights.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm socially awkward but would like to come
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
You think so? Wait till you meet Makeitflyfast
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, the only reason WE all show up is because no other group will have us around for long.....

ETA: So Drew, you'll fit right in...Hell, you may be the most normal.....

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he's coming.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hell, the only reason WE all show up is because no other group will have us around for long.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forget any doubts, just show up and hang out. Guaranteed to be folks out there on common ground. Thats why we have these.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only folks that I could ever imagine feeling awkward around this group of malcontents would be paid informants, my ex-brother-in-law, or an anti-gunner. Though I could well imagine this gregarious band of staunch shooters, converting the anti-gunner into a hardcore pro-2A person before the sun sets!

The paid informant, or my ex-brother-in-law, on the other hand, might feel more comfortable in different surroundings.
Your REAL first name isn't Billy is it....?!?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Just a bump to get back up top so everyone has a chance to see it....

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

[EDIT] ...Message is too long. New accounts are limited to 2000 characters per post.... [/EDIT]

View Quote

Great info, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#45]
What town is it going to be held in?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What town is it going to be held in?
View Quote

In the boonies south of Madison.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#47]
You'd think we could get a MOD to TACK this.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

when is voting over?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

when is voting over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when is voting over?

I'm thinking that's a secret that only Draconis knows.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

when is voting over?

Yeah, I'd defer to him. This one is his baby.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top