Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 10:38:53 PM EDT
So I went in today and met the new owner. Seems like a good dude. Just bought it a couple weeks ago and it did not come with the website or phone number which is why I had issues earlier today and they even have to change the name since it appears the previous owners are going to make it an online thing only. They are trying to get their inventory up and set up shop in the back for cerakoting and general armory stuff. Should be up and running in another week with the new name Alpha Bravo, Has an armorer on staff and showed me some of his trigger and stipple (sp) work he had on hand. Not bad. Cant do AK riveting though so I'm giving it to Matt. They had a very nice rifle on the counter from some gun manufacturer up in Talking Rock I had not heard of before called Smith Tactical & Defense (hellavu acronym there guys.... ). I do want the rifle though...... without the STDs... You can see the rifle here: http://www.smithtactical.us/Prestige-Series-AR-15-For-Sale-Smith-Tactical-p/std-ps1.htm

Had 22 on the shelf in Fed 333 boxes for .08/rd. Had a couple nice pieces for sale and some on consignment. Worth a visit if your in the area.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a bit tired of these small town gun stores everywhere. I'd rather see something like a adventure outdoors(with different management) in Roswell / Alpharetta / cumming than our current dozen small ffls

I frequent Cherokee more than anything. Would like to see them move into a larger facility if it makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a bit tired of these small town gun stores everywhere. I'd rather see something like a adventure outdoors(with different management) in Roswell / Alpharetta / cumming than our current dozen small ffls

I frequent Cherokee more than anything. Would like to see them move into a larger facility if it makes sense.
View Quote

I hope Cherokee never moves, because I suspect that shop they have is one reason they can maintain such cheap prices.  Those evil money monsters now have 1 SBR and 5 suppressors in the back with my name on it, and I may go back tomorrow for what I hope is my last suppressor purchase.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I wondered how the original shop would pan out after visiting....  The displayed inventory was pretty slim when I stopped in.  

If y'all haven't stopped in to Martin's at Windward and hwy-9 it is definitely worth a look. It's a small shop but the inventory is awesome in my opinion.  He keeps a lot of high end goodies on hand.  He even stocks Bookhounds Accurate Ordnance rifles!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the small town little shops as they tend to have a couple things I have never seen before. Dawsonville Gun is my fav and far from small but FCP and Gainesville Gun Store are good for the occasional stop. I am not a fan of the big box stores but glad to stop in and grab stuff on the run on occasion.

Yes Armistead always had slim pickings but they also had stuff you just don't see everyday. I'll check out Martin's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at Armistead Armory a few days ago as well (I am the Director of Marketing for Smith Tactical & Defense) when we dropped of the rifle you mentioned. I actually just registered here when I looked at our website analytics this morning and noticed your link from here on ar15.com to our site. First of all, thank you for that, and I'm pleased that you were impressed with the rifle. About the new owner (Jonathan) at Armisted: It is my understanding that they are moving into tactical quite aggressively. I have no prior experience with them but we were very impressed with Jessica and Josh. They were very knowledgeable and as helpful as could be. We chose them because they are one of the highest rated gun retailers in the greater Atlanta area...and this seems to be purely due to the over-the-top customer service. I, like you, love the small town shop feeling and service. Armistead (Alpha Bravo) is definitely now on my radar!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure how they were deemed highest rated or by whom and not really arguing it either but we are very fortunate in my opinion to have a number of fantastic shops in their own right OTP North.

That rifle has a superior light weight build. IIRC the lady said y'all machined just about every component on it yourselves including the trigger, flash, fluted barrel, rail etc. I think the stock and grip were all I saw from another mfr.

Welcome to the board and post some process pics when you get them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The stock is a Roger's super-stock developed by Bill Rogers...from the Roger's shooting school up in Ellijay, GA. Grips vary, but for the most part, the firearm is all us. If you're ever in the neighborhood feel free to stop by and see the operation and fire a few for yourself - we're in the woods and own all the property! Thank you again. I will be posting pics when prudent. We are considering advertising here, and I have to be careful about being all "advertisey". Really just here to participate and keep my finger on the AR 15 pulse.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wondered how the original shop would pan out after visiting....  The displayed inventory was pretty slim when I stopped in.  

If y'all haven't stopped in to Martin's at Windward and hwy-9 it is definitely worth a look. It's a small shop but the inventory is awesome in my opinion.  He keeps a lot of high end goodies on hand.  He even stocks Bookhounds Accurate Ordnance rifles!
View Quote

Just bought my second suppressor from Martin's today.  His shop carries alot of really nice higher end stuff you won't see in many other places.  And his Microtech selection is really good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The stock is a Roger's super-stock developed by Bill Rogers...from the Roger's shooting school up in Ellijay, GA. Grips vary, but for the most part, the firearm is all us. If you're ever in the neighborhood feel free to stop by and see the operation and fire a few for yourself - we're in the woods and own all the property! Thank you again. I will be posting pics when prudent. We are considering advertising here, and I have to be careful about being all "advertisey". Really just here to participate and keep my finger on the AR 15 pulse.
View Quote
Welcome aboard. Be very careful about mentioning your services or business until you are a paid advertiser. They are real quick to delete posts and warn ya around here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Couldn't agree more. You walk into these stores and they are all the same. Bunch of glock, some ar's, couple of M&P's and an XD, and over priced ammo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked AA shopped there a fair bit I'll  be  checking out  the  new  store soon. Martin's is sweet if you like high end 1911's and who doesn't .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top