Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 9:14:21 AM EDT
Guys if you've ever bitched about Johnny Isakson and his left leaning "Republican" ways, get out and vote today. Make time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
This !! I voted Grayson , I am tired of Isakson. It is really sad how many offices have only 1 candidate
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I voted Grayson, but I was the ONLY person in there to vote!

WAY too many unopposed incumbents!!!

I refuse to vote for incumbents unless their opposition completely sux. Because of that, I was only able to vote in 4 out of 20 races. Sixteen incumbents were unopposed on my ballot!!!

The ruling class has a major leg up, and a veritable lock, on the ruled.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I was the only voter inside as well this morning, but I'm hoping it was just because I went in first thing this morning.

I voted Grayson for Senate as well. Isakson is no friend of ours.

On a separate note, For the first time I voted against current sitting Gwinnett sheriff, Butch Conway. I've heard too many stories of political favorites within that department. I didn't have a problem voting for his wife Carla Brown though. For a short time a few years ago I attended Schutzhund training with her in attendance as well, and she was always very friendly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just about every judge in Gwinnett county ran unopposed.

I voted for Paul Maner (running against Fran Millar, a 17 year incumbent who was the only republican state senator to vote against campus carry), Scott Hilton (my local state rep who is running for his first time) and Tim Echols (an incumbent I have known for a long time who is directly responsible for my involvement in politics).
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for reminding me to vote. I just got back from the voting precinct. It felt good to cast a vote against Isakson's sorry ass
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the reminder, just voted.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I voted Grayson, but I was the ONLY person in there to vote!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted for Grayson, Johnny needs to go but I really didn't know anything about his opponents.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Vendor fucked stuff up so I've been at work constantly since 8am, other than grabbing lunch (and they were blowing up my email needing me back at my desk then to restart the web ex and give their technician screen control), and will be here at least another hour and a half at this rate.  First time I've missed an election since 1992.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Grayson is a decent choice. I signed up for his email blast when he was running for another office . I hope he did well
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Grayson is a decent choice. I signed up for his email blast when he was running for another office. I hope he did well
View Quote

So much for that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So much for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grayson is a decent choice. I signed up for his email blast when he was running for another office. I hope he did well

So much for that.

I was good at picking losers this time around. Seems fewer people each year think the way I do in my district. Fewer look the way I do too, that explains a lot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I am sorely afraid that we have reached the point where (incumbent) beside your name, on a ballot, is akin to a crown upon your head.

The only known remedy appears to be term limitations. How we convince congress critters to pass this dethroning measure, upon themselves, is anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was good at picking losers this time around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much for that.

I was good at picking losers this time around.

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I am ecstatic that my fellow Cobbians are really close to voting that crony Tim Lee out of office for that shady pseudo illegal Braves stadium deal he came up with.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am ecstatic that my fellow Cobbians are really close to voting that crony Tim Lee out of office for that shady pseudo illegal Braves stadium deal he came up with.

View Quote

Yep, I can hardly wait for the run off.

He's blaming low turn out & voter "apathy" for his near loss.

Yes, I have apathy when a $400 million tax increase is turded out on his constituents without a vote.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
No one I voted for won
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I-suck-son was miraculously reelected.  People don't educate themselves at all and just go willy-nilly when voting, either hitting everyone with incumbent by the name or picking based on the way the name looks.

However, we did learn that if you put a huge CSX Railroad "inland port" in your county without asking the residents what they think about millions of tractor trailers on their roads to and from the port, you get ousted.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I-suck-son was miraculously reelected.  People don't educate themselves at all and just go willy-nilly when voting, either hitting everyone with incumbent by the name or picking based on the way the name looks.

However, we did learn that if you put a huge CSX Railroad "inland port" in your county without asking the residents what they think about millions of tractor trailers on their roads to and from the port, you get ousted.
View Quote

You must be talking about the port they are putting in Murray County. It is a damn shame because the area they want to build all that shit is beautiful farmland backed up to Grassy Mountain, so pretty out there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I was good at picking losers this time around. Seems fewer people each year think the way I do in my district. Fewer look the way I do too, that explains a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So much for that.

Douglas county has close to 140,000 residents. Less than 10,000 voted for the sheriffs run off total.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top