Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 5:21:43 PM EDT
Doug A Check Your IM's Please...

Thank you.

I'm ready to buy acreage now.  

2-3 acres willing to go to maybe 5-10 if good price and I get the warm fuzzies in the property.  NOT to rent to tourists not to sell later down the road.  After the house is built I intend to retire and die in it.  House will be 1800Sq. Ft. under heat and air.  

Looking at the Gilmer, Fannin, Pickens, Union, and Murray areas, with Gordon thrown in for shits and giggles because of the Sugar Valley area .

I really like the Chatsworth Fort Mountain over to Ellijay and the Blue Ridge  area. I have plenty of options for employment so not worries there.

Talk to me goose.

Give it to me straight.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you have water.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you have water.....
View Quote

Yeah. That.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
????????

Water as in well water  or local county water????
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Preferably flowing water or well. County water as not your water.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
All three....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Cross Union Co. off your list, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cross Union Co. off your list, IMO.
View Quote

Go On. Details please.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in Fannin just north of Blue Ridge. Pretty nice area and a lot of property available right now. Don't know how much you are willing to spend but theres a 24 acre lot down the road from me for 200k.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I have interest in this topic.

roy d...I'm right behind ya
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Three years ago I was almost exactly where you are now, OP. We looked at land all over the North Georgia area and finally ended up buying 110 acres between Chatsworth and Ft. Mountain on highway 52 in Murray county. It is where I'm going to go to retire and die.

Two years ago we built a ~2000 sq. ft. house and a 30'x40' detached garage/workshop on the property and are slowly making other improvements. I still have about 4 - 5 years left before I can retire and flee the craphole that Douglasville is fast becoming, but in the interim we spend a lot of weekends and vacations up there. We've really grown to love the area and the people.

During the looking/buying/building process I developed a great relationship with a couple of Realtor-type guys who kind of specialize in undeveloped land in the Murray, Gilmer, Fannin area as well as a fantastic Contractor who was very easy to work with and did a fantastic job of building what I basically drew up on the back of a napkin. One thing to consider, depending on your plans and what you're looking to do, is that the zoning/land use/building permit processes in Murray county are EXTREMELY laid back compared to Gilmer and Fannin Counties.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like the names and contact info of the people who help us or to discuss what we learned during the process.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Three years ago I was almost exactly where you are now, OP. We looked at land all over the North Georgia area and finally ended up buying 110 acres between Chatsworth and Ft. Mountain on highway 52 in Murray county. It is where I'm going to go to retire and die.

Two years ago we built a ~2000 sq. ft. house and a 30'x40' detached garage/workshop on the property and are slowly making other improvements. I still have about 4 - 5 years left before I can retire and flee the craphole that Douglasville is fast becoming County has become, but in the interim we spend a lot of weekends and vacations up there. We've really grown to love the area and the people.

During the looking/buying/building process I developed a great relationship with a couple of Realtor-type guys who kind of specialize in undeveloped land in the Murray, Gilmer, Fannin area as well as a fantastic Contractor who was very easy to work with and did a fantastic job of building what I basically drew up on the back of a napkin. One thing to consider, depending on your plans and what you're looking to do, is that the zoning/land use/building permit processes in Murray county are EXTREMELY laid back compared to Gilmer and Fannin Counties.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like the names and contact info of the people who help us or to discuss what we learned during the process.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.  Grew up in Lithia Springs - just sold my house in Chapel Hills last week after five years of renting it out.  Would not set foot back there if it weren't for my the fact that my Mom still lives in the house I grew up in.  We own a small cabin in Ellijay and live full time in Peachtree City.  OP - you will like North GA just fine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#13]
DOUG A
IM SENT no response. Shows you haven't read it. Check your IM's

DougA Check your IM's Please.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
IM's checked and responded to...........Sorry for the delay!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top