Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 2:13:31 PM EDT
So, my brother in law, Meme's brother has come down with a case of black rifle disease......especially when his little sister out shot him with her's which for a former grunt just will not do......
He called to see if I would go with him to look for one next Saturday and I told him I would so I'm looking for any suggestions in the middle Georgia and Atlanta area where you would look if you were carrying someone to buy their first AR......

A few things that figure into the mix:
- He's disabled/retired (severe rheumatoid arthritis) and on a fixed income so low price is important
- He's in the 'I want to bring it home with me' mode so online doesn't work
- I told him I would help him order the parts needed and help him put one together, but see the previous note...he wants it now.
- He tried Meme's S&W MP 15 and liked it....not stuck on that but that's where he's leaning....
- I've suggested to him that his first doesn't need to be a tack-driver, just good quality at a fair price until he knows exactly what he wants...

Any suggestions are welcome....Thanks....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you order every  thing today you  can have all the stuff before the weekend,build it saturday morning and go shooting saturday afternoon. Or check out Forsyth Co Pawn, they had a bunch in stock last time i was there. Can't comment  on prices tho, cuzi didnt look.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Dixie Ammo Dump usually has 16-18 various AR's/M4's in stock, ranging from about $600 up to over $2000.  They also have all the accessories, mags and ammo he'll want/need.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Evild and Shep.......I'll check them out..

..I was also thinking about carrying him to Adventure Outdoors since they seem to have a wide selection.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
OK I'm confused....Why is there a system post up there from 2012?

Posted: 12/24/2012 8:09:20 PM EST [Last Edit: 12/24/2012 8:09:20 PM EST by Lancelot]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OK I'm confused....Why is there a system post up there from 2012?

Posted: 12/24/2012 8:09:20 PM EST [Last Edit: 12/24/2012 8:09:20 PM EST by Lancelot]

Topic Moved

View Quote
System message knows all. Way ahead of time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Spooky.....So System, what's the lotto numbers for this week?....

.....System......

.....System?......

......tap...tap....tap.....

.....Are you there great and mighty System?.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Cherokee gun and pawn had a very nice Palmetto State Armory complete AR for $500 a little bit ago.  I'm not sure if they still have them but that was a very impressive deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been selling a nice little Diamondback M4 with factory installed free float quad rail for under $650.00.

Great little gun for the price.

You might want to see if you can find one up your way.

td
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been selling a nice little Diamondback M4 with factory installed free float quad rail for under $650.00.

td
View Quote

It's going to be hard to beat that price.
Also hard to go wrong with a M&P. I had the cheapo version at one time, the Sport with a 1/8 barrel. Shot the shit out of 193 and 855 with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

td
View Quote

...TreeDawg, where are you located and do you still have any of the Diamondbacks left?.....Might be worth a roadtrip....Hell, from where we are almost everywhere is at least an hour roadtrip minimum.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Treedawg is in Dublin, at Shamrock pawn. I've been wanting to make the trip for years!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Treedawg is in Dublin, at Shamrock pawn. I've been wanting to make the trip for years!!!
View Quote

Dublin is only 1 1/2 hours give or take from here......Hmmmmmm, short stop in Macon so BIL can buy breakfast, head on down I-16........Maybe find something I've always wanted but didn't know it while he's buying.....It could work...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top