Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 5:11:34 PM EDT
Anyone a member? Is it full of Fudds with ridiculous rules for fire time? NFA allowed? What other activities are available besides shooting?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think a good way of endearing yourself to the members or membership committee is to publicly speculate that they are all Fudds.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think a good way of endearing yourself to the members or membership committee is to publicly speculate that they are all Fudds.
View Quote

Publicly speculating or asking inquisitively?

If asking a question is rude forgive me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
i belong to both pcsc and riverbend. i use both. pcsc is just easier to do load development at 100, they have a nice 300 yard range (unless you try to drive to the targets). its more laid back than riverbend but riverbend is much larger with a ton more members and they are stricter. pcsc allows full auto (you need to bring documentation).

riverbend has 500 meters (actually 484) for silhouette and 600 yards with pits. riverbend's 'shotgun hill' is supernice, like a country club golf setting. riverbend has lots of competition matches and anyone can come and pay to shoot during a match. i dont think riverbend allows full auto. they allow a full auto gun, but you can only shoot it semi. i think this is one area that is currently under discussion.

there are all kinds of folks at pcsc, when i am there there are more black rifes and folks practicing competition pistol skills than other types. they do have a shotgun area. i havent used it though. i suppose there are some fuds there though i have yet to run into one, at least with a 'fud' attitude. there is one guy there that shoots old black powder trap door 45-70s, colt peace makers and drives a bonnie and clyde era car.

pcsc has a waiting list, you can probably get into riverbend, though the cost to start is steap.

from my perspective, the drive time to both is the same from where i live. there are days where i shoot at both. do load development at pcsc and then go shoot long range at riverbend.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i belong to both pcsc and riverbend. i use both. pcsc is just easier to do load development at 100, they have a nice 300 yard range (unless you try to drive to the targets). its more laid back than riverbend but riverbend is much larger with a ton more members and they are stricter. pcsc allows full auto (you need to bring documentation).

riverbend has 500 meters (actually 484) for silhouette and 600 yards with pits. riverbend's 'shotgun hill' is supernice, like a country club golf setting. riverbend has lots of competition matches and anyone can come and pay to shoot during a match. i dont think riverbend allows full auto. they allow a full auto gun, but you can only shoot it semi. i think this is one area that is currently under discussion.

there are all kinds of folks at pcsc, when i am there there are more black rifes and folks practicing competition pistol skills than other types. they do have a shotgun area. i havent used it though. i suppose there are some fuds there though i have yet to run into one, at least with a 'fud' attitude. there is one guy there that shoots old black powder trap door 45-70s, colt peace makers and drives a bonnie and clyde era car.

pcsc has a waiting list, you can probably get into riverbend, though the cost to start is steap.

from my perspective, the drive time to both is the same from where i live. there are days where i shoot at both. do load development at pcsc and then go shoot long range at riverbend.
View Quote

from what I can find I'm closer to PC, I'm on the west side of Ballground. I also heard PC is heavily discussing expanding to 500meters.

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a member and active in the pistol competition and on the 300 yard range. The club vice president is active here. Great facility and close enough for me to use regularly. Multiple pistol bays with steel, very nice 100 yard rifle zero range. 300 yard range with rifle steel. Skeet/trap range plus new wobble trap range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]

FYI, RiverBend now allows Full-auto fire for pistol caliber machineguns after CRO approval.

We have also done away with the "6 second rule" and the only rule on firing rate now is that it must be at a rate that allows you to keep your rounds in the berm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top