Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:13:32 AM EDT
My wife's birthday is coming up and she's complained several times lately that she hasn't had a good black forest cake in years, can anyone recommend a bakery in the area that makes a good one?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife's birthday is coming up and she's complained several times lately that she hasn't had a good black forest cake in years, can anyone recommend a bakery in the area that makes a good one?
View Quote

My mom buy herself a cake from here every b-day

to her defese, it is delicious. The petifours are awesome too
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak on that specific cake, but this bakery is well known and does a great job.  My wife and I have purchased many cakes/pies from there over the years.

Gabriel's Bakery
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Marietta Diner makes some awesome cakes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a german bakery on Atlanta road behind Dobbins ARB. They have AWESOME stuff. Bernhards or something.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

there is a german bakery on Atlanta road behind Dobbins ARB. They have AWESOME stuff. Bernhards or something.
View Quote

Thanks, just placed the order.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

To follow-up, they had the best Black Forest Cake that my wife has had in years, she HAS had better, but can't remember for sure where :-)  I also wound up grabbing some groceries while there, I haven't had Mezzo Mix since my last visit to Germany, and wasn't going to send $7/can on Amazon :-)

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for this as well . I visited the German bakery . The other one is next
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I love this place

http://sugarcakespatisserie.com/about-us/

breakfast is killer.  the croissants are the best

haven't tried the cakes...but I am quite sure they are amazing
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
What could go wrong?

Well hell, maybe the cake will pair well with Budweiser?

EDIT:  Have three (3) daughters and a wife that still lets me have a key to the house.  
Thanks a ton for this thread and replies:  Valentines Day and Wife's BD in less than three weeks.
Again , thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
You could always try to make one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top