Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:00:17 PM EDT
Currently have a BCM pistol lower that I will be slapping a butt stock on soon as my stamp comes in. For a while I have been set on getting the 9" 300 blackout upper from BCM as well, but after seeing how expensive 300 blkout ammo is im starting to reconsider so I began looking into the 12.5" 5.56 upper. What do you guys think? This will be my first SBR and with the amount of money I will be spending I dont plan on getting a suppressor anytime soon... Not unless the HPA falls through of course
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my blackout... i reload though so ammo is much cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Only SBR?

12.5" 5.56.  And I'm the biggest BLK fan out there.  But if I can only have 1 it is 5.56. In 12.5".  Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah this will be my first NFA item.. For so long I dreaded the process and how unconstitutional it is, but now im over it. Keep reading and hearing that 300 blk is perfect for short barrels! But since im not a re-loader the price for ammo is a turn off because I shoot a lot. 12.5 seems like the perfect compromise for a short barrel chambered in 5.56
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
What about an 11.5" or 12.5" 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPCL upper?   Ammo is reasonable for each and very hard hitting and accurate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
i personally have the BCM 12.5 KMR SBR, it's outstanding, perfect barrel length in my honest opinion. I'm really wanting the 12.5 300blk from BCM, that way i can just swap uppers
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i personally have the BCM 12.5 KMR SBR, it's outstanding, perfect barrel length in my honest opinion. I'm really wanting the 12.5 300blk from BCM, that way i can just swap uppers
View Quote

Did you get the gunfighter comp mod 0 for your 12.5? Think im leaning towards the 12.5" 5.56, but something tells me im gonna wish i got the 300blk lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What about an 11.5" or 12.5" 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPCL upper?   Ammo is reasonable for each and very hard hitting and accurate.
View Quote

Would require new mags, new bcg and ammo thats nearly $1 a round.. Not a reloader, but starting to sound like i need to be one
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the bcm 12.5 in 5.56.  Get a 8" radical firearms 300blk.  The 300 is a range toy and short hunting rig.  I got a 10.5 radical upper and it shoots great but I would not pick it up I'm a shtf situation not because of reliability but b/c ammo is hard to come buy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get the bcm 12.5 in 5.56.  Get a 8" radical firearms 300blk.  The 300 is a range toy and short hunting rig.  I got a 10.5 radical upper and it shoots great but I would not pick it up I'm a shtf situation not because of reliability but b/c ammo is hard to come buy.
View Quote

Yeah 12.5 in 5.56 seems like the more logical and economical choice. Plus I could mess around with slightly cheaper 223 ammo as well. Definitely will save up for a 300 upper later down the road though
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you get the gunfighter comp mod 0 for your 12.5? Think im leaning towards the 12.5" 5.56, but something tells me im gonna wish i got the 300blk lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a Lantac Dragon on the 12.5 556 upper, i promise, it's a friend maker................lol. I'll be getting a flash hider or brake from SilncerCo for it soon, i'm getting a Specwar556 for my 556 SBR's

I have run the BCM comps, they work very well

I have decided that i'll be getting the BCM 12.5 300blk when i'm done with my FN SCAR 10cqc project

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i have a Lantac Dragon on the 12.5 556 upper, i promise, it's a friend maker................lol. I'll be getting a flash hider or brake from SilncerCo for it soon, i'm getting a Specwar556 for my 556 SBR's

I have decided that i'll be getting the BCM 12.5 300blk when i'm done with my FN SCAR 10cqc project

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a dope set up bro. I going with the BCM 11.5 in 5.56 instead. I have decided to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and grab a suppressor, the Liberty Mystic X. Mainly because I want to get the 9" black out upper towards the end of the year, and the Mystic X is a multi-caliber can
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah this will be my first NFA item.. For so long I dreaded the process and how unconstitutional it is, but now im over it. Keep reading and hearing that 300 blk is perfect for short barrels! But since im not a re-loader the price for ammo is a turn off because I shoot a lot. 12.5 seems like the perfect compromise for a short barrel chambered in 5.56
View Quote

So just start reloading. There. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Also go 10.5" 5.56. It looks cooler.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like a dope set up bro. I going with the BCM 11.5 in 5.56 instead. I have decided to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and grab a suppressor, the Liberty Mystic X. Mainly because I want to get the 9" black out upper towards the end of the year, and the Mystic X is a multi-caliber can
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool deal, sounds great, you will not regret getting anything from BCM, i hear Liberty makes a nice suppressor. Good choice on the 11.5 556 upper, if you go to the industry section and look up BCM, they explain why they sell the 11.5 over the 10.5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top