Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2016 7:47:19 PM EDT
I have not been on the GA HTF for awhile due to me being sick.
Nursing another lung infection as of now and likely would not be well enough to camp this weekend. Redgoat is working 12-hour days right now so there is no way we can pull this one off in time. We will definitely get it rescheduled around illnesses and our work schedules. Sorry guys...

At the request of Redgoat, I am starting this thread to organize our next gathering. We will be holding the event at his family's place in Waynesboro which is very well equipped for camping and having a social event. This place is upscale, with his and hers flush toilets, showers, a pavilion, pond, dock, etc. electricity and water  is on site. This is a social gathering and not a shoot. We do not have range facilities on site. The shoot will be in April...

We would like to have as many folks join us as possible so we will nail down a date that works for most soon. The event will be at the "Highbrow Ranch" pictures of the location can be found here: Highbrow Ranch

I'm interested in your comments... Go!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll go if I'm off work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
IN!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
In plus 1
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I am tentatively in, depending on weekend. Have a pig hunt coming next weekend, which is also last weekend of deer season.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Redgoat sent me a couple of dates that work for him. I will try to put a poll up within the next few days to let you guys know our options. We really would like to get our core group of GA HTFers there. This means you 400North! Of course, those of you know who you are. I think I would consider our core group of guys the ones who always show up to the shoots. I promise that this place will make you think you are at a state park and this is all private property owned by Redgoat's family. I was unaware that I had such aristocratic friends.

If you have not checked out the pictures, please do so by following the link in the first post. I would encourage you to bring your family and kids. Not all of us will be getting liquored up. I am sure at some point in time, my seven year old will be out there.

I am sure that once the word makes it around the GA HTF we will have enough interest in doing an annual thing out there. A few highlights (from what I can remember) are: Covered and screened in pavilion with tables for eating and hanging out, a food prep area (also covered and screened, his and hers bathrooms that are clean with showers, a couple of ponds and a stream, a covered dock, a nice fire pit, electricity on site, plenty of space to camp.

Let's make it an event to remember. I am sure I can get one of those Gong Show hooks to fish Jason out of the pond if need be!
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Redgoat sent me a couple of dates that work for him. I will try to put a poll up within the next few days to let you guys know our options. We really would like to get our core group of GA HTFers there. This means you 400North! Of course, those of you know who you are. I think I would consider our core group of guys the ones who always show up to the shoots. I promise that this place will make you think you are at a state park and this is all private property owned by Redgoat's family. I was unaware that I had such aristocratic friends.

If you have not checked out the pictures, please do so by following the link in the first post. I would encourage you to bring your family and kids. Not all of us will be getting liquored up. I am sure at some point in time, my seven year old will be out there.

I am sure that once the word makes it around the GA HTF we will have enough interest in doing an annual thing out there. A few highlights (from what I can remember) are: Covered and screened in pavilion with tables for eating and hanging out, a food prep area (also covered and screened, his and hers bathrooms that are clean with showers, a couple of ponds and a stream, a covered dock, a nice fire pit, electricity on site, plenty of space to camp.

Let's make it an event to remember. I am sure I can get one of those Gong Show hooks to fish Jason out of the pond if need be!
View Quote

Sorry,no showers; but there is a swimming hole if your willing to endure the crippling shrinkage of a spring fed pond. :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
So freakin in. You knew I would be.

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
In as long as it falls on my 2 out of 3 weekends off schedule.

You fuckers aint worth 32 hours of vacation time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Count Meme and me in......depending on what weekend it is and work schedule that is.....That's a bit of a haul for us (3 hours or so I reckon) but I guess you guys are worth the trip

.....Plus it sounds like I might finally get to try Vote's pork perfection.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Dates; we need them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
What he said!
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dates; we need them.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dates; we need them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dates; we need them.
View Quote

.....and again....Inquiring minds want to know....
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#16]
GF68 is organizing this shindig. The dates I gave him were Feb 20 - March 12 weekends. I texted him earlier about getting a poll up.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok poll is up. Been real busy preparing to go to SHOT. I'll be out of the loop most of next week.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Ummmm, for what it's worth, we had planned to have the MedicOC class on trauma/CPR at the Angry Emu Range, on the weekend of  3/12-13, any chance of a reschedule?

It's no biggee if not, after all, there's only so many weekends in the year....
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a family deal going on Feb 20 that has been planned for months that I cannot get out of. March 12 is mighty close to the due date for the baby but can most likely make that date.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I have a family deal going on Feb 20 that has been planned for months that I cannot get out of. March 12 is mighty close to the due date for the baby but can most likely make that date.
View Quote
What?  Baby?  Wow. Imma keep the jokes to myself.

Congrats to y'all!
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a fun time, I'd love to get together.

Feb 20th is best for me, but almost any Saturday is good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Any of the weekends between the two choices are fine with me also. If someone wants to start a write in campaign; go for it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Congrats to y'all!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats to y'all!

Wife is preggers, due March 26. Thanks buddy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#24]
what are the preliminary plans?  a 1 day get together or a whole weekend?  reason I ask is, my wife is not the camping type, especially when it's too cold or too hot.  

at this point, either date is good for me, it just depends on whether I fly solo or bring the family.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
what are the preliminary plans?  a 1 day get together or a whole weekend?  reason I ask is, my wife is not the camping type, especially when it's too cold or too hot.  

at this point, either date is good for me, it just depends on whether I fly solo or bring the family.
View Quote

I'm open to whatever. Fri evening to Sat evening or Sun morning

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Hugh, i'll check my work schedule today and see what weekend i'm off
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Any updates? Is this still a go?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#28]
+1

I'll be in Augusta Friday evening, and was planning to ride out Sat AM to hang out. So an update would be good...
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
+1

I'll be in Augusta Friday evening, and was planning to ride out Sat AM to hang out. So an update would be good...
View Quote

Looks like this is a no go. Waiting for GF68 to update op

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top