Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 9:15:19 AM EDT
I am looking to build a light weight slide in 8 foot truck camper along the same lines as the Capri or Eureka brand of campers. I am going for light weight so I still have the capacity to tow a boat or trailer with a 1500 series truck. Does anyone know of any good websites, blogs, forums for more information? I see them talked about on a lot of different websites, but not a lot of detailed instructions.

Thanks for any info.

http://www.eurekacampersinc.com/papoosephotos.html

http://capricamper.com/models/cowboy/
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been amassing parts to build a tear drop and the best resources I have found are on Facebook and YouTube. Lots of videos from beginning to end I how to go it, lots of plans. Facebook groups are actually pretty informative too just for unique ideas.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
There are tons of info on the teardrops, but for some reason there just is not a lot of info on the truck campers. When you get a chance add me to some of the groups your in on FB. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Spend so e time over at www.expeditionportal.com.  Lots of great info on all things expedition including home made campers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spend so e time over at www.expeditionportal.com.  Lots of great info on all things expedition including home made campers.
View Quote

I had forgotten about that website. I posted a little years ago about my suburban build. Great sight with TONS of info. Thanks for the reminder!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top