Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:08:59 AM EDT
Is open-carry on my phaser good to go, as long as it is set to stun? Kidding. I've never been and would like to attend the parade Saturday morning. Anyone got any recommendations on doing this? Time to get there? Places to park? Worth it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
We took our boys a couple years ago. It was fun for them and us. I would suggest looking at the parade map and try to find a spot near the beginning of the parade route, especially a corner spot where you get to see more of the parade. Idea for being at the start is once the end of the parade passes, you can get the hell out of there if your ready and don't have as much traffic to sit in.

I would plan on getting in place about an hour or so early as prime sitting spots get taken quickly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The parade route has been extended a bit this year...but not by much.
Honestly getting there early in the past meant an hour early but with all the lookie-loos the past few years it has become a mad house.
Early is good. Corners are prime property.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh hell yeah! Kids will like it because, well, frankly you see a platoon of Storm Troopers. It reminds me of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, just with Darth Vader instead of Santa Claus. What's not to love?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top