Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 11:03:28 AM EDT
Fellas,

Who are all your pro 2A reps?

I am gonna try and push a few on my side to get this CWP snafu corrected.

May need some of yall to push on your side.

Thanks

Dave
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love you forever.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish you would fix this
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, SC's position on this is ridiculous.

GA would honor yours immediately after guys accepting ours.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately it is not on our side, it's all SC.  I wish you luck, because the current stalemate is stupid.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
what am I missing? I thought this was sorted out a few months ago
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. GA law automatically provides reciprocity to any state that honors our permits.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
South Carolina can already backdoor into GA because of non resident permits issued by some states.
Even just a change in the property requirement to get a SC non resident license would help GA residents.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
South Carolina can already backdoor into GA because of non resident permits issued by some states.
Even just a change in the property requirement to get a SC non resident license would help GA residents.
View Quote

SC is hung up on GA's lack of training to get a license, yet NC has no issues what so ever. SC is an odd state with regards to firearms....
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Just so I have more information what does GA CWP  class consist of?

I have heard  it's because of past issues over water flow of Hartwell Dam and GA reps want all

control because it effects  Savanah.   Smh
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want to say that Utah's non res license adds SC to our list. Maybe AmishBill will step in to comment on it because he teaches the class to get it.
View Quote

Unless something just changed that is incorrect
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want to say that Utah's non res license adds SC to our list. Maybe AmishBill will step in to comment on it because he teaches the class to get it.
View Quote

SC doesn't honor nonresident permits because they're pricks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fellas,

Who are all your pro 2A reps?

I am gonna try and push a few on my side to get this CWP snafu corrected.

May need some of yall to push on your side.

Thanks

Dave
View Quote
Talk to your reps and get back to us.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I stand corrected.

It adds Delaware, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, Virginia, Washington
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless something just changed that is incorrect

I stand corrected.

It adds Delaware, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, Virginia, Washington

Ohio accepts Georgia as of July 1st.  (Maybe it was June 1st)
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is no class for a Georgia Weapons License.............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have heard  it's because of past issues over water flow of Hartwell Dam and GA reps want all

As others have said, "what class?" That, as I understand it, is SC's problem with GA. A problem NC (and other training states,) don't have that honor GA's. SC really is 'odd' when it comes to gun laws. Back when my wife (then GF) was going to Clemson for Grad school, the local County mounty denied her CCW permit because "she didn't need it." Now, being a college town/county I'm sure the idea was not to give college residents permits; why would a single woman need a gun.

I understand things have changed for the better in Pickens (or Lorens, can't remember,) but that BS right there. SC guys, you need to 'fix' your state; GA reciposity is just one aspect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As others have said, "what class?" That, as I understand it, is SC's problem with GA. A problem NC (and other training states,) don't have that honor GA's. SC really is 'odd' when it comes to gun laws. Back when my wife (then GF) was going to Clemson for Grad school, the local County mounty denied her CCW permit because "she didn't need it." Now, being a college town/county I'm sure the idea was not to give college residents permits; why would a single woman need a gun.

I understand things have changed for the better in Pickens (or Lorens, can't remember,) but that BS right there. SC guys, you need to 'fix' your state; GA reciposity is just one aspect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This does not make sense, 1997 CWP licences couldnt be denied unless you failed a back ground check.

If what you are saying is TRUE you had a huge law suit in your favor.

Sorry but only 2 states have better 2A laws than SC, but thats for another topic.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This does not make sense, 1997 CWP licences couldnt be denied unless you failed a back ground check.

Sorry but only 2 states have better 2A laws than SC, but thats for another topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering there's not much to discuss in regard to reciprocity as the problem is with SC I'll go ahead and address this statement.

Not even close

-No non-resident carry permits accepted
-No open carry
-Training requirement
-Gov't offices off limits
-Doctors offices off limits
-Churches off limits
-Hospital/doctors offices off limits
-Signs carry legal weight
-Must ask permission to carry into a private residence
-Public busses off limits
-Must inform officer
-No airport carry

http://handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#21]
All this banter has allowed me to find a possible loophole in the SC CWP. It appears that non-resident SC property owners may obtain a permit. I am going to research this further. If this is true and I am able to obtain an SC CWP because of the property I own in SC, I might have a solution for GA residents.

Now as to SC being 2A friendly, that is up for debate due to ALL the restrictions on CWP carriers, no open carry, and just allowing MGs in 2003 even though three large MG manufactures resided in the sate.

Must have 20/40 vision?
No carry in any kind of school, including public, private, day care, pre-schools, and colleges.
No carry in any Courthouse.
No carry in any places of religious worship, unless approved by the appropriate person.
No carry in any kind of facility, building, or office pertaining to the local, state, or federal government.
No carry at any Airport.
Didn't repeal the "One Handgun A Month" law until 2004

Now for the BIG QUESTION: Where is SC H3025 currently at? If this passes the Senate and is signed by the Governor all this is moot as it makes South Carolina the 7th true Constitutional Carry State! Basically anybody legally allowed to purchase a handgun could carry concealed in the state no matter where their residence is without a permit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She didn't fail it. 5 yrs later she got her GA permit but that was right around the same time so good they 'fixed' that but frankly should've never been there. we'll leave it at the reciprocity issue.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All this banter has allowed me to find a possible loophole in the SC CWP. It appears that non-resident SC property owners may obtain a permit. I am going to research this further. If this is true and I am able to obtain an SC CWP because of the property I own in SC, I might have a solution for GA residents.
View Quote

Most people could not afford to buy a piece of property just to get the license to carry a firearm in a single state.  I think the non-resident permits may be may-issue, but I could have read it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Most people could not afford to buy a piece of property just to get the license to carry a firearm in a single state.  I think the non-resident permits may be may-issue, but I could have read it wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is why I need to see the details. Use the same technique the Eco-terrorist use to stop a project.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would a mailing address work?

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like some enterprising entrepreneur needs to buy a few acres over in SC, then sell it off by the square foot to folks who need to own land in SC so they can get a carry permit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qualified nonresident applicants must submit a completed Real Property Tax Form (SLED Form R-168).

I'm going with no on that one.  I couldn't find anything about a non-resident property owner being different except for the tax form, so it seems to be shall-issue.  There are a lot of whacky SC gun laws, it is definitely not a friendly state for someone carrying.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Or maybe form a trust that owns an acre, then allow folks to be non-voting members of the trust, for the low-low price of just $50 per year.

There's as many ways to skin a cat, as there are cats.
Ya just gotta think outside the box a bit.....  
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:40:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Or maybe form a trust that owns an acre, then allow folks to be non-voting members of the trust, for the low-low price of just $50 per year.

There's as many ways to skin a cat, as there are cats.
Ya just gotta think outside the box a bit.....  
View Quote

This!  Or a business with many shareholders.  Problem would be that the form has to be signed by the local assessors office (when I looked into it several yrs ago).  I think they'd catch on after x number of forms.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#30]
The people in SC fighting reciprocity are trainers and SLED .
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I asked one of the trainers about proof there was more of a problem in Ga because of the no training requirement than SC but got none.
Last attempt at a change the law I think someone may have attached a amendment they knew would kill it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This. I asked one of the trainers about proof there was more of a problem in Ga because of the no training requirement than SC but got none.
Last attempt at a change the law I think someone may have attached a amendment they knew would kill it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all about the $$.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This! Plus the South Carolina Sheriffs' Association. LEOs don't just want ANYBODY carrying a firearm? As if allowing Law Abiding citizens to carry with or without a permit is more hazardous to a job that is known to be hazardous the moment you leave the locker room for roll call. Criminals but especially violent criminals don't give a crap about laws so they will be carrying no matter what they decide in the SC House and Senate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#34]
My personal opinion is that the best solution to solving this issue is to start by identifying someone higher up in the SC government responsible for tourism and business development.  And identify a representative that is sympathetic to our cause.  Compile their contact info.  Then start a campaign where Georgia residents send them at least an email with scans of their hotel bills, restaurant bills, entertain attraction bills, etc - all from Florida, the TN mountains, the GA coast, etc - and politely telling them I really wanted to visit Charleston or HHI for vacation this year but opted to go somewhere where my GA carry permit is valid; change you reciprocity laws and I'll gladly come vacation in your state but until then I will never vacation there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My personal opinion is that the best solution to solving this issue is to start by identifying someone higher up in the SC government responsible for tourism and business development.  And identify a representative that is sympathetic to our cause.  Compile their contact info.  Then start a campaign where Georgia residents send them at least an email with scans of their hotel bills, restaurant bills, entertain attraction bills, etc - all from Florida, the TN mountains, the GA coast, etc - and politely telling them I really wanted to visit Charleston or HHI for vacation this year but opted to go somewhere where my GA carry permit is valid; change you reciprocity laws and I'll gladly come vacation in your state but until then I will never vacation there.
View Quote

THIS!!!

Excellent idea!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

THIS!!!

Excellent idea!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!

Excellent idea!!!

That's actually an excellent idea!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!

Excellent idea!!!

That is a very good idea.

Anyone know if SC has an organzations similar to GCO?  Sure would be nice to get the two organizations working together on this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Love it. Im in..
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Anyone know if SC has an organzations similar to GCO?  Sure would be nice to get the two organizations working together on this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!

Excellent idea!!!

No they do not.  Their pro gun activist seems to be scattered and fractured.  They have nothing even close to a GeorgiaCarry.Org

GCO's twitter account was fully engaged with several SC legislative members this past legislative session telling them that there were tons of their members wanting to come to SC, but only if they would change the reciprocity law.  Talked to them about all the revenue and taxes they were missing out on.  Ga. has approximately 600,000 active GWCL holders.

I stay out of SC even though I live across the river in Savannah.  We vacation else where and never go over to HHI or Bluffton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top